SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX at UNO(UND wanna bes haha) Friday game thr

Emerald joker

He won us two Nattys.

Thanks for reminding me...I'd completely forgotten I saw them both. I've chatted with Coach Blais several times over the past 20 years and he is indeed a great guy and Sioux legend, but...

...2001-2002 was a total disaster season (not unexpectedly given the player losses) and his last stint with the World Junior Tournament led to the US being forced to win relegation round games. The man doesn't walk on water - he's actually human.

Thanks for reminding me...I'd completely forgotten I saw them both. I've chatted with Coach Blais several times over the past 20 years and he is indeed a great guy and Sioux legend, but...

...2001-2002 was a total disaster season (not unexpectedly given the player losses) and his last stint with the World Junior Tournament led to the US being forced to win relegation round games. The man doesn't walk on water - he's actually human.

Of course Dean doesn't walk on water...his son does  :D

One season? Ok.

You are forgetting, those don't matter around here anymore. And if disagree with that, you are reminded that it's just too hard to win them and that we need to settle for winning a bunch of regular season games and call it greatness. :silly:

How are those two titles from 2002 and 2003 treating Don Lucia lately more than a decade after he won them?

If Dean Blais had never left UND and was still coaching today, you'd be calling for his head too if 2000 was his last NCAA championship.

How are those two titles from 2002 and 2003 treating Don Lucia lately more than a decade after he won them?

If Dean Blais had never left UND and was still coaching today, you'd be calling for his head too if 2000 was his last NCAA championship.

At least The Don has two titles.  Obviously, that was a long time ago (something I like to remind them of), but it's still better than ZERO.

As for the second point, it would be a moot point if Blais hadn't left Grand Forks.  I think you'd have 2 or 3 more dark green banners hanging from the rafters of REA.  But if's and but's aren't candy and nuts, so it isn't Christmas all year long, so we'll just have to carry on with what we have.  And this year's team has enough talent to break the drought if they can put it together in March.

What did St. Clair do to get the penalty. I can't even see a mav player fall in the video, unless it happened earlier and the video just shows when a delayed penalty was whistled? ???? ??????

I watched that play like five times, it had to happen off of camera. I still haven't seen what happened.