SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, Long Snapper 92 said:

We need to keep the students in their seats the entire game!

Not quite sure how to do that, but maybe some type of "Hawk Squad/Cheer Squad" to be led by the student section? or led by a Student Pep Squad??

Incentives to keep the students in their seats, maybe more "Bubba Bucks" or other prizes for sticking out the entire game?

I never liked the Bubba Buck's Deal.  I only want student there that want to be there.  Hated when they announced the winner of Bubba Bucks they the Student Section would empty out.  

Need to figure out why the student are not coming or staying.  Is it because they can't drink?  Have a section where students that are of age can drink.  (as Suggested by someone else)  Better yet, they anyone of age drink an any section.  Drinking is allowed everywhere in the arena except the student section.  There are fan's under 21 all over the Arena, but somehow we are worried that someone under age will be drinking in the Student section.  New flash there is under age drinking going on in other places in the arena.  

If Student want to leave to get in line for the hockey game, than give fans that are there until the end of the football game priority access to the hockey game.  Maybe a ticket to get into the game from another entrance 10 minutes before the other student are allowed to enter.  i think variation of this have happened in the past.

12 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I never liked the Bubba Buck's Deal.  I only want student there that want to be there.  Hated when they announced the winner of Bubba Bucks they the Student Section would empty out.  

Need to figure out why the student are not coming or staying.  Is it because they can't drink?  Have a section where students that are of age can drink.  (as Suggested by someone else)  Better yet, they anyone of age drink an any section.  Drinking is allowed everywhere in the arena except the student section.  There are fan's under 21 all over the Arena, but somehow we are worried that someone under age will be drinking in the Student section.  New flash there is under age drinking going on in other places in the arena.  

If Student want to leave to get in line for the hockey game, than give fans that are there until the end of the football game priority access to the hockey game.  Maybe a ticket to get into the game from another entrance 10 minutes before the other student are allowed to enter.  i think variation of this have happened in the past.

Just for the record, the Alerus Center apparently would be fine with that.  This is what it says about it in the 2020 UND/Alerus Center Usage Agreement:

image.png.be9ab1502267cf81e8277b9d862684df.png

Anyone know where to find the UND policy about this, for reference?    

2 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I talked with an incoming UND student who is a family friend. She said in their orientation hockey was all the guide talked about for sports. The problem is inbred.

This is where some posters will tell us it's not a problem because everyone in upper management at UND is so open and approachable and all that is needed is to place a phone call or shoot off a quick email. :silly:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No alcohol in the student section? WOW

I was sitting in the opposing team’s side at another college game. The students there were drinking. Seriously….. the man behind me said lady is this your blanket? Yes…well there is beer on it. I looked at him. Not me, the students back there. They were throwing beer (not drinking it).

Do we allow visiting students to drink where they sit? So, I think students of age should be able to drink, IMHO.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This is where some posters will tell us it's not a problem because everyone in upper management at UND is so open and approachable and all that is needed is to place a phone call or shoot off a quick email. :silly:

well...they are. Not the best equivalency ever

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Seems like a quick fix to tell the guides to talk about more sports

I think you script what you can, but at the end of the day, students' true passions will show.  Forcing them to fawn over football if they've never been is going to come across as fake.  I suspect that the student ambassadors are representative of the student body at large, and incoming frosh and prospects are more often going to get an earful about hockey and little else.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And nothing will change, per usual. And that is a truth you (and others) have never been able to swallow.

So you're saying the athletic department has never changed anything or even attempted to? Ever?
Wow. That's a pretty interesting statement.

I mean, it goes completely against some of the recommendations of people I know that the athletic department has worked to implement, but I guess when you don't talk to anyone, you don't actually have a clue.

• Downvote 2

19 hours ago, Long Snapper 92 said:

We need to keep the students in their seats the entire game!

Not quite sure how to do that, but maybe some type of "Hawk Squad/Cheer Squad" to be led by the student section? or led by a Student Pep Squad??

Incentives to keep the students in their seats, maybe more "Bubba Bucks" or other prizes for sticking out the entire game?

They tried that 10 years ago.

The first year they did it: It was okay.  Then they replaced the people who did it and it crashed and burned in Year 2.

32 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So you're saying the athletic department has never changed anything or even attempted to? Ever?
Wow. That's a pretty interesting statement.

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

Please expound on what you find disagreeable or in error. 

@jdub27 Took it to the absolute extreme for no reason. All @fightingsioux4life said was, "And nothing will change, per usual" in regards to trying to talk to athletic department staff at fundraising events. Never said anything about them never changing anything ever or even attempting to change anything ever. That isn't even realistic for anyone to say.

Should have a mega downvote button for that post. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

@jdub27 Took it to the absolute extreme for no reason. All @fightingsioux4life said was, "And nothing will change, per usual" in regards to trying to talk to athletic department staff at fundraising events. Never said anything about them never changing anything ever or even attempting to change anything ever. That isn't even realistic for anyone to say.

The first statement infers exactly what you claimed it did not. 

nothing will change == never changing anything ever

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

45 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

MEGA downvote

Ben Shapiro Facts Dont Care About Your Feelings GIF - Ben Shapiro Facts Dont Care About Your Feelings GIFs

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Your statement is 100% false. 

Let’s say you’re an obese person trying to lose weight. You go to McDonald’s everyday for lunch. You see no progress. You make a change to your diet and go to Burger King instead. Still see no progress. Yes, you made a change to your diet, but nothing will change in regard to you reaching your goals unless you’re committed to making REAL changes. So yes, it is 100% possible for nothing to change while making changes. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

LOL those two and Mcbucknuts are children

Who the hell is Mcbucknuts??

I'm starting a petition to have a mega downvote button for posts like these that are factually incorrect. Give this post a downvote if you agree that there should be a mega downvote button added to this site. 

• Upvote 2