SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, F'n Hawks said:

Good atmosphere yesterday. They figured out the issue with the stats and that was on the big board as well.

I may have changed my tune a bit on the songs between plays, there were a big group of kids behind me that sang every song word for word. Kept them into the game and having fun.

I still think the intro needs some work. We need an entrance song and it needs to cut to the doors of the locker room opening and Bubba leading the guys out. Hate to say it, but NDSU does this perfectly.

You would think on of the players or students coulD be given the reins to create a better intro. These young guys are really creative and I have no doubt they could create something good. We need our own enter sandman!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, F'n Hawks said:

Good atmosphere yesterday. They figured out the issue with the stats and that was on the big board as well.

I may have changed my tune a bit on the songs between plays, there were a big group of kids behind me that sang every song word for word. Kept them into the game and having fun.

I still think the intro needs some work. We need an entrance song and it needs to cut to the doors of the locker room opening and Bubba leading the guys out. Hate to say it, but NDSU does this perfectly.

A tunnel/helmet and some fireworks would help too

3 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

I completely agree with you. UND is aware. It’s been communicated to them. Up to them now to show the effort/innovation and get it done. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

I have to think the removal of the inflated helmet and no more tunnel camera was a call made by someone with the team or administration. I can live without the big helmet but the tunnel walk really gets the crowd (and I would think the team) going. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I have to think the removal of the inflated helmet and no more tunnel camera was a call made by someone with the team or administration. I can live without the big helmet but the tunnel walk really gets the crowd (and I would think the team) going. 

instead of a tunnel walk........the whole length of the alerus walk?  even better

23 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and have multiple drones shooting from differnt angles.......all those nodak flags....

great idea.

We need even more Nodak flags. I think every single player should have 1 flag in each hand. No reason to have an empty hand running out. The more flags the better

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

We need even more Nodak flags. I think every single player should have 1 flag in each hand. No reason to have an empty hand running out. The more flags the better

kinda cool if any of the foreign guys want to carry their nation's flag 

q and demottoc with o canada flags...and whatnot

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wouldn't be against the team starting their "entrance" as far into the alerus conference center as possible....passing the restaurants, the main front desk, down the corridor to the ticket area and then enter thru the southeast area

high fiving everyone on the way...

I have a friend that played at the University of Missouri. They have a tunnel walk with fans and he loved it. Said there’s nothing like getting cussed out by the boosters when they weren’t playing well! 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Agree. NDSU, Nebraska, several others do excellent job of tunnel walk. Nebraska is really the innovator of this. NDSU (and most others) took it from UN-L.

https://huskers.com/news/2019/09/13/huskers-famed-tunnel-walk-celebrates-25-years

UND continuing to ignore tunnel walk opportunity is completely foolish. Hopefully it eventually gets done. 

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Agree. NDSU, Nebraska, several others do excellent job of tunnel walk. Nebraska is really the innovator of this. NDSU (and most others) took it from UN-L.

https://huskers.com/news/2019/09/13/huskers-famed-tunnel-walk-celebrates-25-years

UND continuing to ignore tunnel walk opportunity is completely foolish. Hopefully it eventually gets done. 

I'd like to see the Alerus turn green.  Make the video boards green and drones also should be involved, maybe a formation creates the shape of ND over mid field (it's part of what we're known for).  Basically copy Nebraska lol.  

• Upvote 3

On 5/12/2017 at 3:23 PM, nodak651 said:

Anyone upset with the lack of availability of UND Football apparel?  They only sell like 3 shirts and they all look like ass because they have football helmets, football players, or footballs on them.  People will say there would be more options if there was more demand, but the options have sucked for years, hence why I, and I'm sure many others, have not bought football gear.  They finally started selling UND bucket hats, like what Bubba wears, but they are the wrong color!  They sell replica football jerseys, but from the doom Muss years!  I finally saw a UND Football hat that I liked when I was at a game this past fall - I asked the guy where he got it, and he said he got it from someone he knew that was affiliated with the program.  It would sure be great to have Adidas team gear available to the public, like the hockey team has.

Nice to see that the REA has started pushing Football merch: https://www.siouxshop.com/search/football/

image.png.5db631f5e776ba4d3a17179e491819be.png