SiouxSports.com Forum

north dakota vs uno saturday gameday

gfhockey

Similar game to last night but able to get the win tonight. Dominated at times again tonight especially in terms of puck possession but got in trouble again standing around and just making some lazy plays. Zane was great especially in the 3rd period tonight and some may not like the after the whistle stuff but I really liked the way the Sioux made sure if an Omaha player even really got close to Zane especially after the whistle they were gonna pay for it. I think there was a much more physical style and an edge that UND played with this weekend and I hope to see that going forward along with continuing to play more consistent throughout the game.

The third period was due to the team being tired.  Hakstol shortened up the bench.  I believe that is the reason he took the timeout when he did.  Give the team a rest.  UND did not go into a shell, they just simply could not keep up with UNO for some reason.  MacMillan was out taking faceoffs for more than one line.

I've thought that NCHC reffing has been much better than WCHA reffing, but this weekend was a puzzler.  Very obvious penalties by UNO were not called numerous times.  In this game they missed a number of them, including a blatant too many men on the ice with Massa pulled.  And that one was obvious because it happened right in front of the UNO bench.

• Upvote 1

Back from the game. Missed Friday game live, saw on TV tho.

Since Blaise hired Jutting 2 years ago, it seems the UNO team has converted to more of the WCHA-era Mankato goon play.

Lots of after the whistle BS and during faceoff BS, and run the goalie BS.

I liked it before when it was run and gun hockey.... like our team plays.

I am not as "friendly-minded" about UNO as I used to be.... In fact tonight I was really anti-UNO it was so bad.

Really don't mind physical play, but not this kind.

Just sayin.

The third period was due to the team being tired.  Hakstol shortened up the bench.  I believe that is the reason he took the timeout when he did.  Give the team a rest.  UND did not go into a shell, they just simply could not keep up with UNO for some reason.  MacMillan was out taking faceoffs for more than one line.

I've thought that NCHC reffing has been much better than WCHA reffing, but this weekend was a puzzler.  Very obvious penalties by UNO were not called numerous times.  In this game they missed a number of them, including a blatant too many men on the ice with Massa pulled.  And that one was obvious because it happened right in front of the UNO bench.

I thought that this weekend's officiating was brutal. To top it off, the league's supervisor and head of officials were here all weekend long. 

Good conference win. Zane was real good especially in the 3rd when UND went into "play not to lose" mode. Panz needs to play more...physical presence and he kept it simple. I like what he brought. If Pooly continues to improve at wing keep him there. Nice to have him a on top of PP and he can go to D if needed in a game. If Nick can stay healthy and continue to adjust to play at this level he could basically carry this team come March. Jordan needs to figure it out...soon. His play leading to the first UNO goal was easily one of the laziest and dumbest plays I've seen in college hockey in some time. Gonna be interesting to see who sits when OD and Chyzyk get healthy as both were playing very well prior to injuries. Thought this weekend was Thompson's best series of his college career. Need solid play and a non conference sweep next weekend.

I thought Thompson looks awesome last night. Has Dean always been so "tricky" with the trying to change guys on an icing? I think it should be a delay of game penalty if you pull that sheet, those players know they have to stay. I liked Simo with Olson & Poganskie better than Gaardy. Saw OD in concourse both evenings, no sling, limp, or othere obvious signs of ailment.

I thought Thompson looks awesome last night. Has Dean always been so "tricky" with the trying to change guys on an icing? I think it should be a delay of game penalty if you pull that sheet, those players know they have to stay. I liked Simo with Olson & Poganskie better than Gaardy. Saw OD in concourse both evenings, no sling, limp, or othere obvious signs of ailment.

Yea! Sick of Blais pulling that crap on icings.

Good conference win. Zane was real good especially in the 3rd when UND went into "play not to lose" mode. Panz needs to play more...physical presence and he kept it simple. I like what he brought. If Pooly continues to improve at wing keep him there. Nice to have him a on top of PP and he can go to D if needed in a game. If Nick can stay healthy and continue to adjust to play at this level he could basically carry this team come March. Jordan needs to figure it out...soon. His play leading to the first UNO goal was easily one of the laziest and dumbest plays I've seen in college hockey in some time. Gonna be interesting to see who sits when OD and Chyzyk get healthy as both were playing very well prior to injuries. Thought this weekend was Thompson's best series of his college career. Need solid play and a non conference sweep next weekend.

Totally agree re: Panz and Zane was very clutch. Not sold on Poolman on the wing especially in a top 6 role.

Classic SiouxSports.com... ;)

The masses: "Dammit, Hakstol, we want to see some shaking-up of the line-up. Ties at home against UNO are not acceptable."

(here's where Hak makes some adjustments...cue the response...)

The masses: "WTF, Hakstol? Why are you making THOSE adjustments?"

SPOT ON.

Boy and Girls,

Nice win. You people need to realize the boys in green and white are banged up. Just because certain players are on the ice doesn't mean they are playing at 100%. We have some players playing through some bad injuries.

Good, gritty win. I don't think we can always hold onto a lead like that in the 3rd. That is not the receipe for sucess.

UNO -- They are good team. They skate and transition up the ice really well. If their goalie can continuue to play well they will continue to win.

Last thought. Keaton and Pogs are playing well. It will be nice when Pogs starts finisihing a few chances. What a big body for a freshie. He works hard.

Only went last night and couldn't believe the amount of holding and extra pokes being allowed.  No wonder it was getting heated. Surprised it didn't get chippier after that hit from behind that was only 2 minutes.

In the last minute it looked like McIntyre got run over, they had the too many men stick exchange, and in corner at end one of UNO players started a slash from above shoulder and if would've hit arm instead of stick probably would have done some damage.  All with no call.

Good thing we play hockey here instead of hocker.

The check from Cooper on Caggiula was a classic check from behind and Cooper and everyone else knew he was done except the refs. Don Adam should has taken those two duffs behind the wood shed after Friday but I guess he only uses positive reinforcement in his reviews.

I don't care for poolman as a forward brings way to much on the D side. We have Murphy in the stands as a capable forward ,how does he gain experience and or confidence if he doesn't play? J. Schmaltz should have sat after Friday's game imho not Mattson, I thought Mattson played fine and deserved another start. We have way too many options on D and not much on O right know.