SiouxSports.com Forum

north dakota vs uno saturday gameday

gfhockey

This team will not lose many games where they play hard for sixty, but how many times has that happened this year?  Three times?  I know with injuries beggars can't be choosers but there are several guys last night that should sit for being down right lazy at times.  Getting beat to pucks while coasting, standing around the front of the net not chasing pucks... did anyone else get pissed at Parks for taking the shift off after he was called for a penalty?  What was he pouting? Jeebus, the first thing you should do after taking a dumb penalty is to skate hard to touch up the puck so no more damage is done.  This UND team has got the lesson that hard work beats talent several times this year but they still don't seem to get it.  Hopefully tonight they put in a more complete effort.   

May I ask why we never have consistent lines? I understand injuries have something to do with it but it would be nice to have some consistency. I would have really liked to see Caggiula and N. Schmaltz with eachother tonight but I guess that kind of goes against my whole consistency idea.

May I ask why we never have consistent lines? I understand injuries have something to do with it but it would be nice to have some consistency. I would have really liked to see Caggiula and N. Schmaltz with eachother tonight but I guess that kind of goes against my whole consistency idea.

Agree. Poolman from D to top 6? Break up the Fr. line? Panz in makes sense a Pooly can play blue line on PP.

Pretty sure gobc approves of all of this tho.

see, I wouldn't break up the Cags/Mac/Parks line right now, so I'm ok keeping Nick with a different group

Why are defensemen playing forward when they have all this depth and health forwards not dressing?

I would have thought if Murphy was gonna get another meaningful shot tonight might be it w Nick and LJ. IMO this team needs Chyzyk back ASAP.

Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never get into a shootout against Ryan Massa"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha... (With sincerest apologies to The Princess Bride)

In all seriousness, win the game before it gets to that point.

Dave

I agree with those who said it's strange dressing D as F when we have healthy F scratched. The coaching staff dresses the best players available and, despite the position change for Panz and Poolman, that must not be Murphy. I wish that kid the best, as it seems like his teammates like him.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's drawn Olson/Frattin comparisons. How awesome would it be to have another line in a couple years that's as dominant as the pony express was? Probably too early for that, but those three freshmen are impressive together.