SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Expansion

cberkas

On 4/30/2020 at 5:53 PM, brianvf said:

I can't imagine that their transition will be as "easy" as ASU and PSU.  Do they even have a club team? 
Starting from scratch is going to take a long time to get up to speed with even the bottom tier teams.

But if Starman is named head coach...... they win the title in their first season.

#bigshow

But within commuting distance of how many millions of people who won't need to adjust to the cost? You can't tell me there isn't plenty of untapped hockey coaching talent, with ACHA, AAA, Tier 1, HS.  Just like SoCal, if you're from the area or been there for a while - riding the never-ending housing wave, it's far easier to get by than for a transplant.

38 minutes ago, keikla said:

AKA still living with mom and dad lol.  That's what a lot of people out here do, even once married with kids.

That’s why I never bid LaGuardia when I was flying even though it’d have been a much easier commute over Harrisburg and Salisbury. 

Sacred Heart, which is in the CT suburban area of NYC, may have bought into Hockey East when it agreed to build a new arena greater than 4000.  UConn only is building a 2500 seat rink, when it promised a 4000 seat one.  Sacred Heart wants to be Quinnipiac in hockey.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-sp-uconn-hockey-arena-column-20181114-story.html%3foutputType=amp

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

If they can find a head coach. Rueful LOL.

According to someone in the tweet comments, LIU was looking at a total of $150k for the entire coaching staff.

On 5/22/2020 at 6:53 PM, Siouxphan27 said:

I wonder if they were spaced 6 feet apart on the ice when they heard the news

No....  bama huntsville actually had some class in the execution of the program.

but to be fair... they actually had experience in cutting the program to learn from.

6 hours ago, northernraider said:

I wish them luck, but if saving a program relies on T-Shirt sales,might be time to put it down

Didn’t this happen before and that’s how we got Saunders?  If you keep saving it for a year or two but continually lose your best players in the process, what is the point.