SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

16 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

By far the nicest compliment you've given me.  I was very concerned about the financial markets last summer, so I sold most of my stocks and mutual funds and bought and gold and silver mining stocks and mutual funds.  Those stocks have done ridiculously well, and now the Big boys are telling everyone to do the same.

There's a fine line between visionary and delusional...  

Sometimes those on the wrong side of that line are correct, more often they're not.

BTW - My saying that you imagine relationships between unrelated events was not a compliment.

7 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Seriously?  :blink:

Whatever sliver of credibility you may have had was flushed down the toilet with this statement. 

At this point you should just draw up a sign on a big piece of cardboard and waive it at passing cars on a busy street.

Join your fellow tin foiled hat wearing brethren and rejoice in your collective madness.  

I think I'll find something more credible to read in the National Enquirer.

Its quite astounding.

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

You are by far the biggest troll I have seen. Very sad really.

I am just saying if UND wants to move up to FBS and have a legimate shot for it to be a modestly sucessful move, this is not the way to do it. These teams and competition will excite no one. If you can move into the MWC or even Conf USA or the MAC you may have a shot. This is a conference set up to fail. Who is going to pay more money to go aatch the same teams that are drawing 7 to 8 thousand fans now? I would be very upset if NDSU accepted an offer to this conference set up. FCS is a much better alternative.

On 6/30/2016 at 9:26 PM, SiouxVolley said:

By far the nicest compliment you've given me.  I was very concerned about the financial markets last summer, so I sold most of my stocks and mutual funds and bought and gold and silver mining stocks and mutual funds.  Those stocks have done ridiculously well, and now the Big boys are telling everyone to do the same.

Wondered how long it was going to take for you pull out your old and tired supposed expertise on playing the market to try and distract from the point at hand. Wash, rinse , repeat.

May be next time you can regale us(again) with your expertise on the Bakken? Havent heard that one for awhile.:)

16 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I am just saying if UND wants to move up to FBS and have a legimate shot for it to be a modestly sucessful move, this is not the way to do it. These teams and competition will excite no one. If you can move into the MWC or even Conf USA or the MAC you may have a shot. This is a conference set up to fail. Who is going to pay more money to go aatch the same teams that are drawing 7 to 8 thousand fans now? I would be very upset if NDSU accepted an offer to this conference set up. FCS is a much better alternative.

But it's a jubilee year...

1 hour ago, farce poobah said:

"There's a fine line between wrong and visionary.   Unfortunately, you have to be a visionary to see it." 

-- Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory

I'm thinking SV's mother didn't have him tested..

7 hours ago, bison73 said:

Wondered how long it was going to take for you pull out your old and tired supposed expertise on playing the market to try and distract from the point at hand. Wash, rinse , repeat.

May be next time you can regale us(again) with your expertise on the Bakken? Havent heard that one for awhile.:)

I remember a post where SV implied that God had put the oil in the Bakken formation in response to someone's (presumably SV's) petitionary prayer.

43 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

I remember a post where SV implied that God had put the oil in the Bakken formation in response to someone's (presumably SV's) petitionary prayer.

I thought John Hoeven put the oil in the Bakken?

6 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Hes used the--"I was right about the Bakken and you all laughed at me" numerous times when hes been called out on being wrong. But it fits in with the majority of his non-sencical babble.

On 7/1/2016 at 3:35 PM, nd1sufan said:

Are you quoting the Bison faithful of 2007 when they entered the Summit League and MVFC?

3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Are you quoting the Bison faithful of 2007 when they entered the Summit League and MVFC?

I am actually quoting what UND fans have said at the ticket office since they have joined the BSC. No sell outs and no attendence increases from the GWC or NCC for that matter. Getting a home game against Idaho, Northern Arizona, etc. doesn't seem to do anything for UND fans.

3 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I am actually quoting what UND fans have said at the ticket office since they have joined the BSC. No sell outs and no attendence increases from the GWC or NCC for that matter. Getting a home game against Idaho, Northern Arizona, etc. doesn't seem to do anything for UND fans.

First off UND has yet to host Idaho in football, second of all increases have happened lately since Bubba took over, that does happen when you win. Just what was our attendance average when we were in the NCC since you know this fact? 

6 hours ago, darell1976 said:

First off UND has yet to host Idaho in football, second of all increases have happened lately since Bubba took over, that does happen when you win. Just what was our attendance average when we were in the NCC since you know this fact? 

The numbers below show UND's attendance since 2003... Which includes several years of NCC play.  You are welcome. 

2015 - 8300 avg.

2014 - 7400 avg

2013 - 8300 avg

2012 - 8900 avg

2011 - 7800 avg

2010 - 8100 avg

2009 - 8500 avg

2008 - 10.1k avg

2007 - 9900 avg

2006 - 8800 avg

2005 - 9400 avg

2004 - NCAA PDF was not cooperating.

2003 - 9000 avg

35 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The numbers below show UND's attendance since 2003... Which includes several years of NCC play.  You are welcome. 

2015 - 8300 avg.

2014 - 7400 avg

2013 - 8300 avg

2012 - 8900 avg

2011 - 7800 avg

2010 - 8100 avg

2009 - 8500 avg

2008 - 10.1k avg

2007 - 9900 avg

2006 - 8800 avg

2005 - 9400 avg

2004 - NCAA PDF was not cooperating.

2003 - 9000 avg

Weird that attendance was down when UND wasn't competitive.  

9 minutes ago, homer said:

Weird that attendance was down when UND wasn't competitive.  

What about attendance being down when UND was competitively playing in the playoffs?

2006 NCAA First Round vs. Winona State: 5073

2007 NCAA First Round vs. Winona State: 5370

5 minutes ago, senor_sieve said:

What about attendance being down when UND was competitively playing in the playoffs?

Don't be mean... You know the hockey team probably had an open practice or was doing a meet and greet event that day.

27 minutes ago, senor_sieve said:

Been addressed to death.  Why did NDSU have a 3/4 full Fargodome for their first home playoff game in 20 years?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, senor_sieve said:

Hard to call 42-0 and 44-2 competitive.

5 hours ago, senor_sieve said:

NCAA regionalized playoffs maybe? Anyone paying attention knew the NSIC winner would've finished maybe fourth in the NCC. Why pay to watch that hot mess?