NMSU

Sam Houston St

Lamar

Wichita St (fb only)

Missouri St (fb only)

UMKC (no football)

UTRGV (fb with the Big SKy)

Denver or GCU

Chicago St will probably drop sports by 2018.

The California FCS schools can join the WAC later, when Wichita leaves.

Wichita St and Mizzou St just want to get their FBS feet wet and then move on after a couple years to a higher G5 league.  Then NDSU and SDSU can replace them as their such basketball schools according to their fans.

The other WAC schools like UVU, Bake, Seattle, and maybe Grand Canyon move to the Big Sky.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

So how does this look for an FBS league

WAC North

UND

USD?

Montana 

Montana St

Idaho 

EWU

WAC South

NMSU

Sam Houston St

Lamar

Wichita St (fb only)

Missouri St (fb only)

UMKC (no football)

Denver or GCU

Looks like a mess, IMO. 

• Upvote 2

You bizons are showing an incredible lack of intelligence regarding the G5.

Houston gained access to the Peach Bowl and it multi-million dollar payout as the best G5 team.

It beat Florida State in the Peach Bowl 38-24, so Houston was considered the champions of the G5.

Guess the world missed the NCAA G5 National Championship Trophy presentation. LOL LOL

Stop it SV youre killing me. LOL How do you keep coming up with these doozys.

15 hours ago, bison73 said:

Guess the world missed the NCAA G5 National Championship Trophy presentation. LOL LOL

Stop it SV youre killing me. LOL How do you keep coming up with these doozys.

Missed over a 100 years of playoff champions for the big boys, but the Press still declared a champion and presented a trophy.

Guess you bizon were watching video reruns of wins against the Jacks.

Iceland beat England in the knockout round of the Euros.  Maybe the biggest upset an any stage in the world.  Iceland has under half the population of North Dakota.

Leicester City won the Premiere League this year, coming out of no where, in what may be the biggest upset ever for a soccer club team.  Leicester City was a third tier participant just seven years ago.

AFC Bournemouth made the Premiere League this season and managed to stay.  There are a club in a city not much bigger than Grand Forks and play in a stadium not much bigger than the Alerus.  The thought of Bournemouth being in the Premiere League would have got their fans locked up a few short years ago. 

If UND has financial backing from alumni, why not make a move up?

Missed over a 100 years of playoff champions for the big boys, but the Press still declared a champion and presented a trophy.

What are you drinking today? Sounds as though Happy Hour has been good to you.

11 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article86293007.html

Maybe this was posted somewhere else already.  If so, I apologize.

Wichita State's impending FBS announcement is a main reason that I think an FBS WAC will be announced soon, likely in July when a new President Kennedy can bless it.  Wichita isn't getting a bid from the American or CUSA or MWC until it has football running.  It wouldn't take a bid from the Sun Belt or MAC, as those would demand that all the Shockers bring in its basketball, which Wichita St would refuse.

NMSU and Wichita St needs a Texas presence, which Sam Houston, Lamar, and/or Stephen F Austin can provide at the FBS level.  With Mo St also in the south, the north could easily take UND, the Montanas, Idaho, and EWU.  If this doesn't happen by the end of this July for 2018, I personally shut my trap about it.

On 6/27/2016 at 4:27 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Iceland beat England in the knockout round of the Euros.  Maybe the biggest upset an any stage in the world.  Iceland has under half the population of North Dakota.

Leicester City won the Premiere League this year, coming out of no where, in what may be the biggest upset ever for a soccer club team.  Leicester City was a third tier participant just seven years ago.

AFC Bournemouth made the Premiere League this season and managed to stay.  There are a club in a city not much bigger than Grand Forks and play in a stadium not much bigger than the Alerus.  The thought of Bournemouth being in the Premiere League would have got their fans locked up a few short years ago. 

I'm quite the soccer fan.  Those three deals were all very significant, but I do not see how they are really valuable to FBS discussion.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I'm quite the soccer fan.  Those three deals were all very significant, but I do not see how they are really valuable to FBS discussion.

Small northern nordic locales overachieve if they set their minds to it.  Iceland's coach is a dentist who isn't paid big bucks. Iceland's team is most remarkable for having small egos.  We wont have to get an invite to the MWC or MAC like Fargo insists they need to go FBS.  Egos aren't allowed, which is where FU and their fans seem to excel at.

Iceland, Leicester City, and Bournemouth all had checked egos.  Bubba requires the same, as it's team first

7 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Ronaldo blasted the Icelanders for their "small mentality", but could not beat the Icelanders.  Reminds me of FU fans that have blasted UND for years about their "small mentality" towards DI.  Who will get the last laugh?

So far, with a much more successful transition to D1 and five consecutive national championships, NDSU deserves to be laughing. 

I'd much rather have the consistency of Portugal and NDSU than try and be a brief feel good story like Leicester and Iceland. Or does your analogy not include decades of failure that would make programs like that have "checked egos."

• Upvote 2

On 6/27/2016 at 4:27 PM, SiouxVolley said:

You are more able to imagine patterns in unrelated events than anyone I've seen. 

14 hours ago, southpaw said:

So far, with a much more successful transition to D1 and five consecutive national championships, NDSU deserves to be laughing. 

I'd much rather have the consistency of Portugal and NDSU than try and be a brief feel good story like Leicester and Iceland. Or does your analogy not include decades of failure that would make programs like that have "checked egos."

Portugal has consistently underachieved in soccer.  Haven't made a World Cup Final and choked in a Euro final on their home soil against Cinderella Greece.

• Upvote 1

On June 26, 2016 at 10:54 PM, SiouxVolley said:

So how does this look for an FBS league

WAC North

UND

USD?

Montana 

Montana St

Idaho 

EWU

WAC South

NMSU

Sam Houston St

Lamar

Wichita St (fb only)

Missouri St (fb only)

UMKC (no football)

Denver or GCU

Chicago St will probably drop sports by 2018.

The California FCS schools can join the WAC later, when Wichita leaves.

Wichita St and Mizzou St just want to get their FBS feet wet and then move on after a couple years to a higher G5 league.  Then NDSU and SDSU can replace them as their such basketball schools according to their fans.

The other WAC schools like UVU, Bake, Seattle, and maybe Grand Canyon move to the Big Sky.

It sounds like the Sun Belt is no longer the worst FBS conference, by a long shot.

On June 28, 2016 at 8:31 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Wichita State's impending FBS announcement is a main reason that I think an FBS WAC will be announced soon, likely in July when a new President Kennedy can bless it. 

So the FBS WAC move is completely reliant on UND being included? If they don't give their approval it is off? Once the new UND prez says ok the big announcement will come? And you think NDSU fans are full of themselves.

On 6/28/2016 at 11:23 PM, JohnboyND7 said:

You proclaimed ignorance of the Jubilee Year set down by God in Leviticus 25, so that is not surprising.  In a Jubilee year, the humble shall be exalted, slaves shall be set free, people will get their ancestral family lands back, and if the country has been Godly, will be greatly blessed.  If not, the financial markets will be terribly disruptive, as they have been.

Sports are not immune to a Jubilee year.  In the NCAA, three FCS teams would big titles:  Villanova in basketball, Coastal Caroline in baseball, and UND in hockey.  The Euro Cup should follow suit and the WAC shall be FBS again.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

It sounds like the Sun Belt is no longer the worst FBS conference, by a long shot.

Basketball is not good.

45 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

So the FBS WAC move is completely reliant on UND being included? If they don't give their approval it is off? Once the new UND prez says ok the big announcement will come? And you think NDSU fans are full of themselves.

The WAC will go ahead with FBS invites regardless of what UND does.  The Montanas and Idaho will accept.

The UND President will hem and haw a bit, until a major gift is given.

NDSU fans are full of faith in themselves, which is a different kind of faith than what I'm referring to.

On 6/29/2016 at 3:38 PM, Gothmog said:

You are more able to imagine patterns in unrelated events than anyone I've seen. 

By far the nicest compliment you've given me.  I was very concerned about the financial markets last summer, so I sold most of my stocks and mutual funds and bought and gold and silver mining stocks and mutual funds.  Those stocks have done ridiculously well, and now the Big boys are telling everyone to do the same.

On June 27, 2016 at 4:16 PM, SiouxVolley said:

In Tier I, a champion has always been crowned, yes.   But there is 1 FBS champion, not 2.   Sorry, you haven't a clue.

• Upvote 1