SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

Seems to me that Kolpack is the Interviewer, and that Vigorito is the "Interviewee".   What is being said comes from the Interviewee, Vigorito.   Sorry, Kolpack is not the story here.   I've read opinion pieces before, and this is not one.

1 minute ago, Herd said:

Seems to me that Kolpack is the Interviewer, and that Vigorito is the "Interviewee".   What is being said comes from the Interviewee, Vigorito.   Sorry, Kolpack is not the story here.

Who gave him the idea to write a story about how Wichita State is NOT wanted in the MVFC?  He sure as hell didn't come up with it on his own.  Especially since Wichita has never contacted Patty about it.  

1 minute ago, UND-1 said:

Who gave him the idea to write a story about how Wichita State is NOT wanted in the MVFC?  He sure as hell didn't come up with it on his own.  Especially since Wichita has never contacted Patty about it. 

Like me, maybe Kolpack thought that it would be cool if Wichita joined the MVFC, so he thought he'd ask Patty about it.   Maybe he formed his headline after the interview, like any journalist would do.   Or maybe Patty called Kolpack to share her input on the Witcha Mvc conference issue, to send a message to Wichita. . . you're not welcome in the MVFC if your going to badmouth FCS football.   Hummm, who knows.

41 minutes ago, Herd said:

Like me, maybe Kolpack thought that it would be cool if Wichita joined the MVFC, so he thought he'd ask Patty about it.   Maybe he formed his headline after the interview, like any journalist would do.   Or maybe Patty called Kolpack to share her input on the Witcha Mvc conference issue, to send a message to Wichita. . . you're not welcome in the MVFC if your going to badmouth FCS football.   Hummm, who knows.

So he is a MVFC mouthpiece?  That is what you just said, essentially.  

1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

So he is a MVFC mouthpiece?  That is what you just said, essentially.  

Its what journalist do. They are paid to write stories based on the information presented. Obviously it workd. Nice extrapolation by the way.

On June 9, 2016 at 6:56 PM, bison73 said:

Its what journalist do. They are paid to write stories based on the information presented. Obviously it workd. Nice extrapolation by the way.

Speaking of what journalists do, where is the investigation journalism of Tom Miller or Wayne Nelson on the sports srory of the century that SV is trying to break. Miler is no stranger to open records laws. There must be some email or transcripts of meetings he can subpena about UND's big jump to FBS. He would be all over an open records request if he thought there was some conversation about another NDSU/UND FB matchup. Where is he on the FBS story?. Or is there no story...

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Speaking of what journalists do, where is the investigation journalism of Tom Miller or Wayne Nelson on the sports srory of the century that SV is trying to break. Miler is no stranger to open records laws. There must be some email or transcripts of meetings he can subpena about UND's big jump to FBS. He would be all over an open records request if he thought there was some conversation about another NDSU/UND FB matchup. Where is he on the FBS story?. Or is there no story...

Your obsession over SiouxVolley is pretty humorous.  Or sad.  Maybe its both.  

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Your obsession over SiouxVolley is pretty humorous.  Or sad.  Maybe its both.  

The fact that some think there is an ounce is fact in his ramblings is sad. Or the fact that some who think his predictions could come true and believe this is a good way to move to FBS may be sadder. The conference that would result from his plans would be disastrous for all involved. 

• Downvote 3

14 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

The fact that some think there is an ounce is fact in his ramblings is sad. Or the fact that some who think his predictions could come true and believe this is a good way to move to FBS may be sadder. The conference that would result from his plans would be disastrous for all involved. 

I don't 100% agree with SV but please explain how a conference that is smaller in total schools with those schools being more aligned in academic focus and athletic focus is disastrous?   I'd argue that a 13 team conference or a conference made up of mostly directional schools is more dangerous to an athletic department.   

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Says the guy on a UND board.

Says the guy who used to post on BV.  So Darell why did you post on BV at one time?

But I very rarely post on BV what is posted here. When a guy posts here on what I do and dont reply to on BV that shows an unhealthy obsession. Plus the vitriol hate he has is off the charts.

Granted we have a few on BV that have those same feelings about you and everyone knows who they are. A few are even crack pots  and absolutely no creedence is given to their rants..

With that being said---why the vitriol hate???? Because we root for different schools? Crazy huh.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, bison73 said:

Says the guy who used to post on BV.  So Darell why did you post on BV at one time?

But I very rarely post on BV what is posted here. When a guy posts here on what I do and dont reply to on BV that shows an unhealthy obsession. Plus the vitriol hate he has is off the charts.

Granted we have a few on BV that have those same feelings about you and everyone knows who they are. A few are even crack pots  and absolutely no creedence is given to their rants..

With that being said---why the vitriol hate???? Because we root for different schools? Crazy huh.

I have never registered on BV so there is no way I ever posted on there. Nice try.

21 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Idaho just extended Paul Petrino's contract until 2020 at $400 k annually plus bonuses.  Most FBS coaches wouldn't stay around if the school was going FCS.  Idaho didn't save money on their coaches with the Big Sky move.

Guess you were right all along. Who needs more proof than that? Please accept our apologies. By the way, how did the Big Sky president's meetings go last week. I guess I missed the big announcements that came out of those meetings. Can you fill us in?

9 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Guess you were right all along. Who needs more proof than that? Please accept our apologies. By the way, how did the Big Sky president's meetings go last week. I guess I missed the big announcements that came out of those meetings. Can you fill us in?

Our SID said there will be major announcements next week.  One will undoubtedly be a logo announcement.

What is the other one?

Would Schafer object to major announcements the week of a primary election, never mind the Orlando trajedy?

Wichita St has not announced anything yet either, and they said they would after conference meetings are over.

Petrino will make 393 k plus bonuses, making him the highest paid FCS coach.  Thought the Big Sky move was all about saving money for Idaho.  Apparently not.  Klieman will make 300 k plus  bonuses, so the trolls and McFeely should chip in to make him the highest paid again.

• Upvote 1

I wondered what SV was talking about. 

Earlier today from UND SID's Twitter (@UNDSID):

Several significant announcements in the works over the next few weeks. No dog days of summer here; these are exciting times for @UNDsports!

By Hajdu's standards that's an epic tease. He normally doesn't float stuff like that. The new logo is clearly one (Schafer teased it already). I'm guessing Nick Schmaltz's decision (go to NHL or stay for junior season) is in there somewhere. The way Hajdu wrote that there's probably room for at least one more because "several" over "few weeks" doesn't sound like two. 

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I wondered what SV was talking about. 

Earlier today from UND SID's Twitter (@UNDSID):

By Hajdu's standards that's an epic tease. He normally doesn't float stuff like that. The new logo is clearly one (Schafer teased it already). I'm guessing Nick Schmaltz's decision (go to NHL or stay for junior season) is in there somewhere. The way Hajdu wrote that there's probably room for at least one more because "several" over "few weeks" doesn't sound like two. 

maybe Hak sold his house? (big news for hadju bc he doesn't have to mow it anymore)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Idaho just extended Paul Petrino's contract until 2020 at $400 k annually plus bonuses.  Most FBS coaches wouldn't stay around if the school was going FCS.  Idaho didn't save money on their coaches with the Big Sky move.

Is there a big market for a coach with a 6-29 career record?