SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

39 minutes ago, Goon said:

Seriously, we might want to cut Hadju some slack, he and his wife just had a second child, I am pretty sure that he might be a little busy with life right now.

You've used all your excuses with hajdu...kids, holidays, vacations...we need some new blood in the AD that focuses on the sports that can grow like BBall, volleyball, and football.  We don't need a guy that is 95% hockey and 5% "the other ones"...I sometimes see hajdu as PSH from boogey nights following Marky Mark (hak) around?boogienights390.jpg?1392849413

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Folks do realize that Hajdu's primary responsibility is men's hockey, right? There are other assistant SIDs (responsible to Hajdu) and their jobs are to focus on those other sports. 

But that's not easy and convenient when someone wants to complain.

How many people who whine about the job Jayson does also follow Mitch, Ross, and Ryan on twitter?  You want more information about other sports, follow those people that cover those other sports.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Folks do realize that Hajdu's primary responsibility is men's hockey, right? There are other assistant SIDs (responsible to Hajdu) and their jobs are to focus on those other sports. 

Most of us know that, however, there are a few that have an unhealthy infatuation with him. If you have concerns about a specific sport, here are the names of the SID's for each sport.

Media Relations

Jayson Hajdu Assistant AD, Media Rel. (MHKY, XC, T/F) 7.2985 jayson.hajdu@athletics.und.edu
Ryan Powell Associate Director (FB, MBB, M/WGOF) 7.2986 ryan.powell@athletics.und.edu
Ross LaDue Assistant Director (SOC, WHKY, SB, TN) 7.6743 ross.ladue@athletics.und.edu
Mitch Wigness Assistant Director (WBB, VB, BB, S/D) 7.4210 mitchell.wigness@athletics.und.edu

1 minute ago, Goon said:

Most of us know that, however, there are a few that have an unhealthy infatuation with him. If you have concerns about a specific sport, here are the names of the SID's for each sport.

Media Relations

Jayson Hajdu Assistant AD, Media Rel. (MHKY, XC, T/F) 7.2985 jayson.hajdu@athletics.und.edu
Ryan Powell Associate Director (FB, MBB, M/WGOF) 7.2986 ryan.powell@athletics.und.edu
Ross LaDue Assistant Director (SOC, WHKY, SB, TN) 7.6743 ross.ladue@athletics.und.edu
Mitch Wigness Assistant Director (WBB, VB, BB, S/D) 7.4210 mitchell.wigness@athletics.und.edu

one doesn't look the other...one looks like he is higher on the org chart hence more responsibility/power/influence therefore more criticisms....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

one doesn't look the other...one looks like he is higher on the org chart hence more responsibility/power/influence therefore more criticisms....

Apparently, you must not realized that it's a full time job being the SID for UND Men's hockey. Especially, being as high profile as it is. He's being pulled many different directions. I've seen it first hand.

9 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

So don't complain about what he's doing. Complain to Hajdu the supervisor about the performance of his people. But don't you normally interact with the person before you go to their supervisor? 

37 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So don't complain about what he's doing. Complain to Hajdu the supervisor about the performance of his people. But don't you normally interact with the person before you go to their supervisor? 

I would compare his rant to tweeting WBB SID Mitch Wigness and complaining to him about not supporting Mens and Women's Hockey or doing more for the hockey program.

My main complaint with Hajdu, and it's not a huge complaint, is I wish he had a UND SID twitter account and a private twitter account.  When, as the head SID, he tweets more often about the CFL and the Toronto Blue Jays than he does about UND sports sans hockey, it annoys me and creates a perception that he doesn't care about other UND sports.  Perhaps I'm just overly sensitive on this.  

As for the problem of every sport other than men's hockey not getting the attention they should, it seems to be an overall athletic department issue rather than just an SID issue.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

My main complaint with Hajdu, and it's not a huge complaint, is I wish he had a UND SID twitter account and a private twitter account.  When, as the head SID, he tweets more often about the CFL and the Toronto Blue Jays than he does about UND sports sans hockey, it annoys me and creates a perception that he doesn't care about other UND sports.  Perhaps I'm just overly sensitive on this.  

As for the problem of every sport other than men's hockey not getting the attention they should, it seems to be an overall athletic department issue rather than just an SID issue.

and maybe a little more classy twitter avatar?

The Sam Houston St - UND series announced Friday is interesting to say the least.  2018 is when an FBS transition will begin IMHO.  Sam Houston State stadium hold 14,000, but temporary bleachers in one end zone can be installed to make it more than 15 k.  SHSU has hosted games in Houston's Reliant Stadium that drew 26 k.  Also. Sam Houston and Lamar had flirted with the WAC back in 2011 to go FBS.  NMSU and a Wichita State FBS team need a Texas presence.  Could Sam Houston St be a part of the future FBS WAC?  Lamar too?  Missouri St fb could leave the MVFC and join the WAC for football only, as it wouldn't want Wichita St to get ahead, as those two are basically geographic twins.  Those two want FBS as they would move in tandem later to CUSA or the American, but need an FBS invite from someone without ruining their basketball.

So perhaps the future FBS WAC will be even bigger than I imagined, with Texas schools for NMSU and Wichita State's benefit. Sam Houston St and Lamar have both been rebuffed by the Sun Belt as FBS teams, but haven't made much noise about FBS in the last couple years.  In Texas, a school almost has to be FBS for its football to be taken seriously.

Sam Houston St and UND may have just signed a non conference series as the conference  schedule doesn't have them playing.

Interesting that Bresciani said that he doesn't envision an FBS move now and the NDSU is in the Tier II sweet spot.  Personally think FCS is in Tier III, and G5 or soon to be G6 is in Tier II, but I'm just a lowly poster.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

The Sam Houston St - UND series announced Friday is interesting to say the least.  2018 is when an FBS transition will begin IMHO.  Sam Houston State stadium hold 14,000, but temporary bleachers in one end zone can be installed to make it more than 15 k.  SHSU has hosted games in Houston's Reliant Stadium that drew 26 k.  Also. Sam Houston and Lamar had flirted with the WAC back in 2011 to go FBS.  NMSU and a Wichita State FBS team need a Texas presence.  Could Sam Houston St be a part of the future FBS WAC?  Lamar too?  Missouri St fb could leave the MVFC and join the WAC for football only, as it wouldn't want Wichita St to get ahead, as those two are basically geographic twins.  Those two want FBS as they would move in tandem later to CUSA or the American, but need an FBS invite from someone without ruining their basketball.

So perhaps the future FBS WAC will be even bigger than I imagined, with Texas schools for NMSU and Wichita State's benefit. Sam Houston St and Lamar have both been rebuffed by the Sun Belt as FBS teams, but haven't made much noise about FBS in the last couple years.  In Texas, a school almost has to be FBS for its football to be taken seriously.

Sam Houston St and UND may have just signed a non conference series as the conference  schedule doesn't have them playing.

Interesting that Bresciani said that he doesn't envision an FBS move now and the NDSU is in the Tier II sweet spot.  Personally think FCS is in Tier III, and G5 or soon to be G6 is in Tier II, but I'm just a lowly poster.

UND and Sam Houston in the same conference that would be interesting. A good ND-TX battle. Battle of the Red River. I know your last comment will invite the certain viewers to post their stuff but I hope the rest of it comes true.

21 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

I'm trying to remember who won the Tier II National Champioship last year, but I can't remember?

Tier I was Alabama, and Tier III was NDSU, but I can't remember the Tier II champion.  Does anyone remember?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Herd said:

I'm trying to remember who won the Tier II National Champioship last year, but I can't remember?

Tier I was Alabama, and Tier III was NDSU, but I can't remember the Tier II champion.  Does anyone remember?

to the rest of american they would probably guess wisconsin-whitewhater or mount holy union purple raiders.

17 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

to the rest of american they would probably guess wisconsin-whitewhater or mount holy union purple raiders.

No, SV was talking about Tier II, you know the FBS G5.  But I don't remember who won that National Championship. 

1 minute ago, Herd said:

No, SV was talking about Tier II, you know the FBS G5.  But I don't remember who won that National Championship. 

to the rest of america they would presume wisconsin-river falls or st thomas aquinas...they saw it on espn2 on a saturday morning from alonzo stag, texas?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

to the rest of america they would presume wisconsin-river falls or st thomas aquinas...they saw it on espn2 on a saturday morning from alonzo stag, texas?

Thats what happens when you get the same viewer ship as the pucknut championship. :lol:

On June 19, 2016 at 11:33 PM, SiouxVolley said:

All those schools are fbs.  Shows how little you know.

Why doesn't the MAC schools move down to fcs, like the mvc did 40 years ago?  Used to be the  mvc was so superior to the mac.  Before the mvc dropped to fcs, it's good schools like Tulsa, Memphis, Cincy and Louisville left, and Wichita St dropped football instead of playing fcs and NMSU left the mvc entirely.   

The MAC teams get a couple million from P5 games, get a mill from the CFP, and get 800 k from their ESPN contract.  But they still pay millions more to get their athletic budget in tack because FBS is worth so much more in free advertising than FCS.  The MAC will pass the mvc even in basketball soon because all the mvc has now in terms of bball is UNI and Wichita, and Wichita St is probably gone by 2020 and the mvc will be dirt.  The mac has superceded it because of fbs.

FBS schools in the low G5 leagues lose less money at football than FCS do.  Any FCS school has to look seriously at FBS if they want a national profile.  If the fcs profile is satisfied with a Fargo and a Green Acres profile, fcs is the way to go.  UND and NDSU should be at a higher or equal level to Ball St, Bowling Green, Miami, Akron, C Mich, E Mich, Troy, Akron, Apps St, Ga Southern, Coastal, La Monroe, Ark St, San Jose St, Nevada, Wyoming etc.  Only history prevented that.  UND used to play many of those fbs schools in DII days like San Diego St, Old Dominion, Ark St, Troy, La Tech etc, but they moved to DI much earlier when upgrading to FBS was easier.  When the next CFP contract is signed, a G5 league could get even more, if eight teams are in the playofffs.

This has been discussed here so much but remedial classes are always necessary for bizon  trolls.

Who wouldn't want a national profile like Ark St, ULL, ULM, Troy, etc.? I  can't believe how much national exposure they get from their FBS programs. They get no national exposure from their horrible football programs and conferences. If the BSC/WAC would happen, those schools may get an extra guarantee game or two every year to help their bottom line, but that is it. There would be no ESPN contract. They would be lucky to keep any TV contract as good as the ROOT contract they have now. 

22 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The evidence just keeps mounting doesn't it? Now a non-existant conference with unknown teams already has a schedule put together 3-4 years in advance so conference schools can schedule non-conference games against each other. What is the hold up on making the announcement? Are there more primaries in other states in the conference? Maybe one of the conference school presidents is on vacation? 

1 hour ago, Herd said:

You bizons are showing an incredible lack of intelligence regarding the G5.

Houston gained access to the Peach Bowl and it multi-million dollar payout as the best G5 team.

It beat Florida State in the Peach Bowl 38-24, so Houston was considered the champions of the G5.

• Upvote 1

So if Bresciani says that NDSU is in a sweet spot for football, and that no FBS or conference change is impending, does UND have to follow his lead, or can it go it's own way.

Wichita St is going to start FBS somewhere.  The WAC is the only conference it can go to, as CUSA, the MWC, and the AAC wont take a new FBS team now.  WSU doesn't want the Belt or MAC because they don't have good buckets and don't have teams in Texas.