SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

3 hours ago, bison73 said:

If I would have one of those visonary presidential minds I would have thought of that also. :)

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

We could even get Ed Schafer to pick out a team logo. 

Yeah, all good things will happen in a Jubilee year.  I gotta keep buying those lottery tickets!  ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

Yeah, all good things will happen in a Jubilee year.  I gotta keep buying those lottery tickets!  ;)

Or just ask SV for some stock tips. From what hes been telling us hes killing it.:lol:

55 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Or just ask SV for some stock tips. From what hes been telling us hes killing it.:lol:

Well, in a Jubilee year, only he understands.  The rest of us heathens have no understanding.  Oh, all glory goes to the great prophet.  :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Bought Barrick Gold ( ABX), Pan American Silver (PAAS), and First Majestic Silver (AG) last summer as was concerned about the upcoming Shemitah and Jubilee, and all of them have been four or five baggers.  Now George Soros and other big names say to get into gold and silver as most governments have way too much debt so those stocks can double or more.  Saw silver was up 5% today in early Asian trading.  Mining companies go up three times as much when the base metal goes up.  The Jubilee is real as far as may finances go.  Might have to endow a UND athletic scholarship by giving stock, and name the scholarship after parents.

23 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

Well, in a Jubilee year, only he understands.  The rest of us heathens have no understanding.  Oh, all glory goes to the great prophet.  :)

All glory always goes to the Trinity God.  They will bless those who follow their precepts.

Just now, SiouxVolley said:

All glory always goes to the Trinity God.  They will bless those who follow their precepts.

I'm surprised that in a Jubilee year, the hallelujah chorus doesn't automatically get added to those posts.  Maybe only true believers have access to those audio files?  

1 minute ago, SiouxVolley said:

Well I do believe and maybe you are on to something. It will definitely take some divine intervention to make a WAC/BSC even a marginally successful.

BTW, Portugal beat France 1-0 in OT to win the Euro 2016.  But Portugal played almost 90 minutes without Ronaldo, who had a knee injury early on.  Most observers gave Portugal a good chance with Ronaldo, and about zero without him.  Portugal never won a game in normal time with this Euro win.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Bought Barrick Gold ( ABX), Pan American Silver (PAAS), and First Majestic Silver (AG) last summer as was concerned about the upcoming Shemitah and Jubilee, and all of them have been four or five baggers.  Now George Soros and other big names say to get into gold and silver as most governments have way too much debt so those stocks can double or more.  Saw silver was up 5% today in early Asian trading.  Mining companies go up three times as much when the base metal goes up.  The Jubilee is real as far as may finances go.  Might have to endow a UND athletic scholarship by giving stock, and name the scholarship after parents.

:lol::lol:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bison73 said:

:lol::lol:

It appears that The Flying Spaghetti Monster's magic is working.  Just as I predicted.

In a Jubilee year, piracy on the open seas continues to decline.  Which is a problem, because global warming rises due to this fact.  Hopefully, His noodle appendages will touch all true believing Pastafarians with His grace.  

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

It appears that The Flying Spaghetti Monster's magic is working.  Just as I predicted.

In a Jubilee year, piracy on the open seas continues to decline.  Which is a problem, because global warming rises due to this fact.  Hopefully, His noodle appendages will touch all true believing Pastafarians with His grace.  

Nicely played!!!!!

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

BTW, Portugal beat France 1-0 in OT to win the Euro 2016.  But Portugal played almost 90 minutes without Ronaldo, who had a knee injury early on.  Most observers gave Portugal a good chance with Ronaldo, and about zero without him.  Portugal never won a game in normal time with this Euro win.

This would be really noteworthy in many sports....in soccer....much less so.

On 7/10/2016 at 9:37 PM, SiouxVolley said:

They should never have gotten out of the group stage. I think UEFA should've stuck with only the top two instead of three from each group.

13 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

So to sum it up... humble Iceland and "humble-because-of-ISIS" France both failed to achieve their main goal.  Does that mean the WAC football league will happen... but fail like it did before?

On 6/26/2016 at 9:31 PM, SiouxVolley said:

It beat Florida State in the Peach Bowl 38-24, so Houston was considered the champions of the G5.

Just getting around to this... to be the champion of something, shouldn't you have to beat a team in your same division?  That's like saying the Iowa Wild are the AHL champions because they beat the Toronto Maple Leafs.

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

Just getting around to this... to be the champion of something, shouldn't you have to beat a team in your same division?  That's like saying the Iowa Wild are the AHL champions because they beat the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Plus hes the only one "ever" who has crowned a G5 champion. :lol:

14 hours ago, NoDakFan said:

They should never have gotten out of the group stage. I think UEFA should've stuck with only the top two instead of three from each group.

I enjoyed the extra intrigue of having the top 4 3rd place teams in the group advance.  I didn't care to watch two teams in a group that have no shot of advancing, but if those 2 teams have a slim hope... sure I'm down to watch.  Way better than Euro 2012.

Portugal is fortunate for getting on the opposite draw and having Wales beat Belgium. If the Germans actually played to their world cup champion potential against France it would have been a different tale. 

With these major championship droughts ending at a fast pace, I might have to plunk a few dollars down on a Vikings winning the Super Bowl  or Cubs winning the World Series ... :D

45 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I enjoyed the extra intrigue of having the top 4 3rd place teams in the group advance.  I didn't care to watch two teams in a group that have no shot of advancing, but if those 2 teams have a slim hope... sure I'm down to watch.  Way better than Euro 2012.

Portugal is fortunate for getting on the opposite draw and having Wales beat Belgium. If the Germans actually played to their world cup champion potential against France it would have been a different tale. 

With these major championship droughts ending at a fast pace, I might have to plunk a few dollars down on a Vikings winning the Super Bowl  or Cubs winning the World Series ... :D

As a fan of both teams, I would love to see you win big on those two bets this year!!!

4 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Hey SV, any update? Maybe at media days this week? I sure hope it comes to fruition before 2019. It would be cool to have an FBS team come to the Fargodome.

Very well possible there will be a major announcement this week.  But FBS play wouldn't start til 2020, as Idaho has dropped a couple of FBS games with Nevada for that time frame, but still hasn't cancelled FBS games after 2019.  Looks like Idaho will be FCS for two seasons in '18 and '19.

Wichita St and UTRGV  could well be invited too, as they need an invite soon to get their FBS plans going.  2020 is not too soon, but 2018 is.  That will give more time for Big Sky schools to prepare.

Would be be nice to see Omaha and Denver to jump to the WAC for 2018. All the west coast WAC schools can go to the Big Sky then.

This post will bring in an exorbitant number of trolls, but then again, trolls hate the idea a of UND doing something before them.