SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

An extra home game and a playoff game with last years run would have netted a higher attendance. 

Yeah, your last two home games in that run last year were very well attended.:cool: Fighting Hawks fans really got behind their team during that run.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Yeah, your last two home games in that run last year were very well attended.:cool: Fighting Hawks fans really got behind their team during that run.

7090 vs Montana St

6996 vs UNC

UND was 4-4 and dropped 3 straight so yeah the air was deflating from everyone very quickly due to the injury at QB. I think UND would've had a good turnout if UND hosted Cal Poly at the end (45-21 thumping of them), and if UND wasn't screwed out of a playoff game they could have had another good turnout if we hosted a regional team (like SDSU).

Winning fills the seats....you guys know about that.

11 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

7090 vs Montana St

6996 vs UNC

UND was 4-4 and dropped 3 straight so yeah the air was deflating from everyone very quickly due to the injury at QB. I think UND would've had a good turnout if UND hosted Cal Poly at the end (45-21 thumping of them), and if UND wasn't screwed out of a playoff game they could have had another good turnout if we hosted a regional team (like SDSU).

Winning fills the seats....you guys know about that.

So UND was going to be the exception to the first-round deal?

2 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

So UND was going to be the exception to the first-round deal?

If they were to host. I doubt with a 7-4 record we would. You never know, last time we made the playoffs was in '07 and fans miss that. Win and they will come.

Kolpack is in denial about Wichita St bringing back FBS football.  He thinks the Shockers should show up in the Fargodome as a good MVC member.  He can't even fathom WSU joining the WAC for FBS, but mentions the MWC should wouldn't take a new program.  Wichita St can get anything they want from the MVC, as they bring in most of its money, but they don't want MVFC football, which Kolpack can't wrap his bald head around.

29 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Kolpack is in denial about Wichita St bringing back FBS football.  He thinks the Shockers should show up in the Fargodome as a good MVC member.  He can't even fathom WSU joining the WAC for FBS, but mentions the MWC should wouldn't take a new program.  Wichita St can get anything they want from the MVC, as they bring in most of its money, but they don't want MVFC football, which Kolpack can't wrap his bald head around.

I guess he doesnt smoke that whacky stuff so he cant conjure up all those great visions like you do?:unsure:

Still waiting on any kind of announcement from the Big Sky/WAC/Idaho regarding FBS status in the near future. Or was it one of those GOBC type announcements that nobody will know about until many years later?

18 minutes ago, senor_sieve said:

Still waiting on any kind of announcement from the Big Sky/WAC/Idaho regarding FBS status in the near future. Or was it one of those GOBC type announcements that nobody will know about until many years later?

Don't worry about it.  None of your concern.

9 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Are you getting that from this article? I think he agrees with you except for Wichita going to the MWC instead of the WAC.

"Kolpack: Missouri Valley Football Conference not interested in being Wichita State's stepping stone" 

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4049449-kolpack-missouri-valley-football-conference-not-interested-being-wichita-states

2 minutes ago, 3Putt said:

Are you getting that from this article? I think he agrees with you except for Wichita going to the MWC instead of the WAC.

"Kolpack: Missouri Valley Football Conference not interested in being Wichita State's stepping stone" 

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4049449-kolpack-missouri-valley-football-conference-not-interested-being-wichita-states

Wichita doesn't want to go to the MVFC with their new program.  Why did Kolpack waste everyone's time with that stupid article?  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Wichita doesn't want to go to the MVFC with their new program.  Why did Kolpack waste everyone's time with that stupid article?  

They'd probably be interested if they could use it as a base to get their program up and running...before they leave for greener pastures.

7 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

They'd probably be interested if they could use it as a base to get their program up and running...before they leave for greener pastures.

Once again, have they expressed interest in the MVFC or even called Patty?  NO.  So why run the article other than to make the MVFC Bobo's feel better about themselves.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Once again, have they expressed interest in the MVFC or even called Patty.  NO.  So why run the article other than to make the MVFC Bobo's feel better about themselves.

I was under the impression that was his job.

37 minutes ago, 3Putt said:

So let me get this straight.   A conference is not going to let a member school play in its own conference? Sure they may be only there for a few years.  But can a conference actually do that?  I realize that the MVFC is a little different since it is a hybrid of MV and Summit schools.  But still seems odd.

9 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So let me get this straight.   A conference is not going to let a member school play in its own conference? Sure they may be only there for a few years.  But can a conference actually do that?  I realize that the MVFC is a little different since it is a hybrid of MV and Summit schools.  But still seems odd.

The MVC and the MVFC have very little to do with each other.  Much, much less than Bison fans want you to think.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The Missouri Valley does not sponsor football.  The Missouri Valley Football Conference can decide who is a member.

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The Missouri Valley does not sponsor football.  The Missouri Valley Football Conference can decide who is a member.

Never fully understood the relationship.  I realize the MVFC is mad up of Missouri Valley and Summit schools.  But is that the only relationship?  Are they inder the umbrella of the Missouri Valley or just their own football conference and the only tie they have to the Missouri Valley is by name only.

21 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Never fully understood the relationship.  I realize the MVFC is mad up of Missouri Valley and Summit schools.  But is that the only relationship?  Are they inder the umbrella of the Missouri Valley or just their own football conference and the only tie they have to the Missouri Valley is by name only.

I believe that the 2 conferences share some staff. But they are 2 completely separate conferences.

42 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Here's all you need to know:

The Missouri Valley Football Conference has a convoluted history that involves three other conferences.

The conferences continue to share the "Missouri Valley" name but remain separate administratively.

If you want the in-between stuff, Wikipedia has a decent breakdown. 
Patty V is the senior associate commissioner for the MVC along with being the commissioner of the MVFC and the Pioneer League. The MVFC and Pioneer are the only two football only conferences and don't need a full staff, so they share some overhead expenses with the MVC.

5 hours ago, UND1983 said:

The MVC and the MVFC have very little to do with each other.  Much, much less than Bison fans want you to think.

Other than the associate commissioner from the MVC runs the MVFC and all FB playing MVC schools play in the MVFC.

Did you read the article? In a nutshell. Patty clearly stated that the MVFC and the MVC are aligned in not entertaining WSU FB if the Shockers came calling in need of an FCS home before moving on to an AAC or MWC. That may be confusing to some of you, but the reality is that the MVFC schools who play BB in the MVC would have no interest in assisting WSU in their departure from the conference. WSU will need to go Independent if they intend to use FCS. Not a big deal, but since some of you made it a big deal, figured some clarification was in order.

1 hour ago, jacksfan29 said:

Other than the associate commissioner from the MVC runs the MVFC and all FB playing MVC schools play in the MVFC.

Did you read the article? In a nutshell. Patty clearly stated that the MVFC and the MVC are aligned in not entertaining WSU FB if the Shockers came calling in need of an FCS home before moving on to an AAC or MWC. That may be confusing to some of you, but the reality is that the MVFC schools who play BB in the MVC would have no interest in assisting WSU in their departure from the conference. WSU will need to go Independent if they intend to use FCS. Not a big deal, but since some of you made it a big deal, figured some clarification was in order.

So they made sure to clarify it, just in case.  Gotcha.  

Any other schools they are addressing at the moment, just in case?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-1 said:

So they made sure to clarify it, just in case.  Gotcha.  

Any other schools they are addressing at the moment, just in case?

I'm sure Wichita State will send him a thank you note for answering a question they had no intention of asking. But at least they know now...:silly:

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Here's all you need to know:

If you want the in-between stuff, Wikipedia has a decent breakdown. 
Patty V is the senior associate commissioner for the MVC along with being the commissioner of the MVFC and the Pioneer League. The MVFC and Pioneer are the only two football only conferences and don't need a full staff, so they share some overhead expenses with the MVC.

So the MVFC and the Pioneer league are football pimples on the MVC elephant's butt? OK, pimples might be a bit small and trivializing. Puss filled cysts?