SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Tournament

IowaSioux24

I tried that at the Frozen Four in Denver, and the scalpers wouldn't budge a dollar so I said forget it and went across the street to watch the game in a bar(Jackson's I think?).

I think the scalpers assumed that since I was a Sioux fan that I drove 1000 miles for the game. However, I was going to college in Colorado at the time, which is why $ weren't exactly growing on trees for hockey tickets.

In hindsight, it worked out for the best because the game was pretty much over after the 1st period. It was tough to watch but would've been much tougher had I gave in to the greedy scalpers. I knew people that had taken an overnight bus from ND, and I'm sure some of you did as well, to watch the game. I remember feeling really bad for those people.

Haha same thing happened to me too. I defintely paid a premium on that package....and right when we lost the market price of all tickets in the tourney tanked! I couldn't even get rid of my championship tix for $20/ea.

I guess it doesn't always work....however it never failed me at the final 5. I used to always wait until the Goofs lost (or wouldn't make it)....one year (UND vs DU) I picked up awesome tix for $10/ea.

My thinking is that it won't be too hard to find tickets, especially if UMD doesn't make it. SCSU doesn't travel that great. It will only be Sioux fans...easy (knock on wood).

Edit: However I live in the TC so it's a little different for me.

I tried that at the Frozen Four in Denver, and the scalpers wouldn't budge a dollar so I said forget it and went across the street to watch the game in a bar(Jackson's I think?).

I think the scalpers assumed that since I was a Sioux fan that I drove 1000 miles for the game. However, I was going to college in Colorado at the time, which is why $ weren't exactly growing on trees for hockey tickets.

In hindsight, it worked out for the best because the game was pretty much over after the 1st period. It was tough to watch but would've been much tougher had I gave in to the greedy scalpers. I knew people that had taken an overnight bus from ND, and I'm sure some of you did as well, to watch the game. I remember feeling really bad for those people.

That was a rough day. By the time I got my tickets and got into the game with my son and my buddy it was already 2 nothing. Spending two hours listening to con men trying to rip me off while everyone else was having fun drinking and chatting about the looming contest sucked big time. I will NEVER go that route again.

...speaking of cheep tickets, are tickets really only $40 for the whole first round series?

Haha same thing happened to me too. I defintely paid a premium on that package....and right when we lost the market price of all tickets in the tourney tanked! I couldn't even get rid of my championship tix for $20/ea.

I guess it doesn't always work....however it never failed me at the final 5. I used to always wait until the Goofs lost (or wouldn't make it)....one year (UND vs DU) I picked up awesome tix for $10/ea.

My thinking is that it won't be too hard to find tickets, especially if UMD doesn't make it. SCSU doesn't travel that great. It will only be Sioux fans...easy (knock on wood).

Edit: However I live in the TC so it's a little different for me.

Yup, I live in the cities too and live & work downtown so I actually walked to the Target Center on a break and picked up ticket packages. Got the lowest I could find in the upper deck for $60 for the series and no fees included. I figured I wanted to check the sightlines out before committing to lower bowl for the extra $. Oh, and as much as I hate saying it, we aren't exactly a near guarantee to make this tourney like we did the Final Five. I'm actually pretty nervous about it with Miami and CC surging.

Look at this classic response from the Target Center when I emailed about the "UND Section", gonna be a fun atmosphere, I expect a HUGE increase in UND ticket sales after the team officially makes it.:

As for specific seating locations, tickets have been sold on a first-come, first served basis so there are no actual “sections” held. However, I can tell you just from my experience with this event so far, the majority of the arena will be the “North Dakota Section”!J

Thank you for your interest!

Polly P.

Target Center Guest Services

Yup, I live in the cities too and live & work downtown so I actually walked to the Target Center on a break and picked up ticket packages. Got the lowest I could find in the upper deck for $60 for the series and no fees included. I figured I wanted to check the sightlines out before committing to lower bowl for the extra $. Oh, and as much as I hate saying it, we aren't exactly a near guarantee to make this tourney like we did the Final Five. I'm actually pretty nervous about it with Miami and CC surging.

That's what makes me nervous too.

That's what makes me nervous too.

Miami has won 1 game in their last 6, and 2 in their last 12. Not quite "surging", though they are more dangerous than hosting Mich Tech or Anchorage.

• Upvote 2

Miami has won 1 game in their last 6, and 2 in their last 12. Not quite "surging", though they are more dangerous than hosting Mich Tech or Anchorage.

Got Blake Coleman back though, and he notched 3 against us last time we saw him. You know what I meant, they're not the league doormat that we so often see. Unless they lay down against us like they did Saturday, but I don't see that happening twice.

Got Blake Coleman back though, and he notched 3 against us last time we saw him. You know what I meant, they're not the league doormat that we so often see. Unless they lay down against us like they did Saturday, but I don't see that happening twice.

'

Totally agree, just giving you a hard time. In this league anyone can win, anytime regardless of record. To your point, Miami did pickup one of those wins against SCSU last weekend. Last vs First, is no guarantee anymore. I'm sure Miami would love to play UND again after getting embarassed too.

For those who are Hilton Honors members: Hilton is having a promotion that includes the Mpls. Hilton (7 blocks from the Target Center). For the same price as through the NCHC website, you can make a reservation at the Hilton that includes free breakfast and free WIFI. If you don't want those, you can get a king room for $109/night. The NCHC rate is $129/night. Plus tax of course.

Yeah, if they have any pride at all, that 9-2 thrashing on Saturday will be first and foremost on their mind. If the Sioux come out lethargic, and Miami high on avenging that loss, a 1st game loss is not out of the question. You lose that first game, the pressure of the second game could leave guys gripping their sticks a bit tight. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Yeah, if they have any pride at all, that 9-2 thrashing on Saturday will be first and foremost on their mind. If the Sioux come out lethargic, and Miami high on avenging that loss, a 1st game loss is not out of the question. You lose that first game, the pressure of the second game could leave guys gripping their sticks a bit tight. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

And on the flip-side, if the Sioux come out and pot two goals in the first ten minutes of the game, Miami will fold up like a cheap pup tent from Walmart.

I ordered our tickets July 15, section 212 row j seats 1-4. I received the email the other day that my "commemorative" tickets will be mailed the first week of march. As it turns out, I will only be needing 2 sets of tickets so I'd like to sell the other 2 ticket strips. Will that be a problem with these "commemorative" tickets"? Or I would trade these 4 upper level tickets for 2 lower level tickets, if you're interested, let me know!

What is the free fan fest? Does each team have their own area and stuff going on? Is it like a big tailgating party? Beer and food for sale? Are there other common bars or restaurants that UND fans gather? I don't remember for sure, but I think we're staying at DoubleTree suites. It's 7 blocks away and it's a Hilton so were able to use points to bring the price down. I have the information written down, but not with me.

What is the free fan fest? Does each team have their own area and stuff going on? Is it like a big tailgating party? Beer and food for sale? Are there other common bars or restaurants that UND fans gather? I don't remember for sure, but I think we're staying at DoubleTree suites. It's 7 blocks away and it's a Hilton so were able to use points to bring the price down. I have the information written down, but not with me.

The Pourhouse is supposed to be the "UND bar." It's like two blocks from the Target Center and has a secret bookcase door upstairs.

The Pourhouse is supposed to be the "UND bar." It's like two blocks from the Target Center and has a secret bookcase door upstairs.

Can't wait to check it out! Wild Tymes was our hangout at the X. The owners were Sioux alum I heard. Also the tents that were setup,(the other direction from the X) one side of the street was Sioux the other Goofs. Man am I going to miss that stuff. Some of the fans I had to hate(for fun) became some great friends over the years. Excited for the new beginning, still hoping the WCHA flops at the X and the Sioux following goes back there, selfish, yeah, but I don't care, I love the X!!

Hurry up 21st...

Go Sioux!!

The rumor is that they will have a tent just like McGovern's did. If you ever made it to that tent, you know the huge number of Sioux fans that gathered in there! Our group will be at the Pourhouse for sure.

The rumor is that they will have a tent just like McGovern's did. If you ever made it to that tent, you know the huge number of Sioux fans that gathered in there! Our group will be at the Pourhouse for sure.

Our favorite was Eagle Street. That side-hill with all the rocks and crushed aluminum cans was treacherous at 2AM!

• Upvote 2