SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Tournament

IowaSioux24

Personally, I would love to see St Cloud, UMD, Denver, and CC all eliminated in the first round just so we can see what Nebraska-Omaha, Western Michigan, and Miami bring to the Target Center.

Perish the thought, but if UND is eliminated in the first round, the crowd at Target Center for the NCHC tournament will make the crowd at the WCHA tournament at Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids look like the Hockey City Classic

In your scenario I'm saying there's 90% UND fans at the games, maybe 95% against Denver. I remember the championship game a couple years back and there was only a few Denver fans cheering when they sco... oh wait, we shut them out :lol:

We've seen how many former WCHA teams bring to the final five when their team is there. Juries out on Miami and WMU until they are there. Would think tickets will be available whenever. Single day tickets go on sale sometime this month (no single game tickets will be sold).

Right on.

St Cloud - meh.

UMD - meh.

Denver - 5-10 fans

CC - 1 alumni living in the TC's, his wife, and player parents

We've seen how many former WCHA teams bring to the final five when their team is there. Juries out on Miami and WMU until they are there. Would think tickets will be available whenever. Single day tickets go on sale sometime this month (no single game tickets will be sold).

How well do Miami and WMU draw for a typical home game?

How do they have the Gophers at 12,000? Did they average that outdoor game and the tourny games in? Their arena is never full. As I have said numerous times before if it was full that piss yellow M would not show up.

I wondered that myself...obviously "tickets sold".

I remember when und played wmu in the first round a couple of years ago they had a small but decent following at the x. my guess would be st. cloud would bring the second most fans, followed by duluth, and who knows about the rest. we all know how well denver and cc travel.

If WMU and Miami draw that few if UND is not in MInneapolis it is will be one quiet arena.

Little doubt that WMU and Miami replacing Wisconsin and Minnesota in terms of tournament fan support is a win for the Big 10 and a loss for the NCHC. I've had enough of SCSU, Denver, CC, and UMD though. It'd be fun to see the new-blood + North Dakota tournament.

How do they have the Gophers at 12,000? Did they average that outdoor game and the tourny games in? Their arena is never full. As I have said numerous times before if it was full that piss yellow M would not show up.

The notes say that home games at other arenas are included. So yes, the outdoor game is in and possibly the Great Western Beanpot Tournament as well.

I remember when und played wmu in the first round a couple of years ago they had a small but decent following at the x. my guess would be st. cloud would bring the second most fans, followed by duluth, and who knows about the rest. we all know how well denver and cc travel.

CC 'fans' don't even travel the 20 miles from campus to World Arena.

• Upvote 1

The notes say that home games at other arenas are included. So yes, the outdoor game is in and possibly the Great Western Beanpot Tournament as well.

That's awesome!

Some simple math here:

14 game attendance total: 170,786

take away the NSC games: (28,000)

take away HCC: (45,000)

Total attendance: 97,786

Divide that by 11 games instead of 14 and we get a new fan total of 8,890 per game or 1,110 below the 10,000 seat capacity, or 88.9% of capacity.

That's awesome!

Some simple math here:

14 game attendance total: 170,786

take away the NSC games: (28,000)

take away HCC: (45,000)

Total attendance: 97,786

Divide that by 11 games instead of 14 and we get a new fan total of 8,890 per game or 1,110 below the 10,000 seat capacity, or 88.9% of capacity.

Even if they had played those games at home the number would not change. Maybe even go down.

CC 'fans' don't even travel the 20 miles from campus to World Arena.

It's sad the arena is so far south in Colorado Springs and away from their campus because a lot of students aren't allowed or don't have cars at CC.

Then again, they're all probably too busy finding they're spirit animal to go to a hockey game on Friday & Saturday night.

• Upvote 3

In your scenario I'm saying there's 90% UND fans at the games, maybe 95% against Denver. I remember the championship game a couple years back and there was only a few Denver fans cheering when they sco... oh wait, we shut them out :lol:

That was fun:) und vs every other team's fans. We had an unruly gopher fan in a wheelchair right across from us. He was so hostile and abusive he was wheeled out of the building by an usher!

Gotta give CC credit for what they have done based on the obstacles they have to recruiting: super high tuition (not everyone gets a full ride), small fan base, no local community recognition - of course it is a small private college so the educational benefits are outstanding.

• Upvote 1