SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Tournament

IowaSioux24

Gotta give CC credit for what they have done based on the obstacles they have to recruiting: super high tuition (not everyone gets a full ride), small fan base, no local community recognition - of course it is a small private college so the educational benefits are outstanding.

Agree. CC was a doormat when I was in college but Lucia brought that program back with a vengeance. This year has been an abomination though. Still, over the past 20 years, they have been a top-notch program in the NCAA hockey world.

Agree. CC was a doormat when I was in college but Lucia brought that program back with a vengeance. This year has been an abomination though. Still, over the past 20 years, they have been a top-notch program in the NCAA hockey world.

Krushenylski is decent, though his production is way down from his sophomore and jr seasons. I think CC is just so used to having a Schwartz brother or Brett Sterling or Marty Sertich or Peter Sejna over the past decade, and right now they don't have any of those stand-out players.

CC 'fans' don't even travel the 20 miles from campus to World Arena.

That's not entirely true. While it is true that the student section is rather small, CC regularly has one of college hockey's highest attendance as many local people from Colorado Springs support the program. To CC's defense, the enrollment is only 2,000 students plus the arena is very far away from campus. That said, the fan support isn't nearly as rabid as UND.

That's not entirely true. While it is true that the student section is rather small, CC regularly has one of college hockey's highest attendance as many local people from Colorado Springs support the program. To CC's defense, the enrollment is only 2,000 students plus the arena is very far away from campus. That said, the fan support isn't nearly as rabid as UND.

While CC has decent attendance at their games further analyzation would reveal a low level of passion relative to attendance numbers. Their fans do not compare well to the programs in other cities like the Twin Cities, Madison, Duluth, Mankato, Bemidji, and others.

I own a retail business about 12 blocks from campus and pretty much never see a CC fan. Every once and awhile a customer will have CC garb on so I will try to spark up a little dialogue. 90% of the time the have no clue who their star players are, what the name of the conference is they play in, and/or what other teams they play against. It's pretty shocking.

I used to live in Colorado Springs, so I know what the games usually pull for a crowd (though the statistics they release for the attendance is a straight up lie). I said it half in jest, half in reference to the pathetic one or two rows of students who typically comprise the student section.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my NCHC tickets today for the tourney in the mail. Looks like one ticket for Friday and one ticket for Saturday( 2 Day Pack), Section 106 Row N Seat 1. Where are other fans sitting?

Booked my hotel reservations.

Staying at Embassy Suites Brooklyn Center. They have a shuttle to downtown Minneapolis until about 10:30 PM.

Couldn't remember where we were staying... Had to look, Minneapolis Marriott City Center... Looks like there's a inside walk way to the Target Center.

There's an inside walkway aka skyway to damn near everywhere in Minneapolis. Keep in mind though, that they generally close around 8-10 PM depending on the part of the skyway you are going through.

There's an inside walkway aka skyway to damn near everywhere in Minneapolis. Keep in mind though, that they generally close around 8-10 PM depending on the part of the skyway you are going through.

Thanks for the heads up.