SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Tournament

IowaSioux24

I didn't see a thread on this years NCHC tournament so figured I would start one. Since it will be in MSP this year instead of St. Paul figured we could use this to share ideas of places to go before/after games, etc.

I do have one question, for anyone who ordered tickets online has anyone received their tickets yet in the mail ?

I didn't see a thread on this years NCHC tournament so figured I would start one. Since it will be in MSP this year instead of St. Paul figured we could use this to share ideas of places to go before/after games, etc.

I do have one question, for anyone who ordered tickets online has anyone received their tickets yet in the mail ?

Just a confirmation; tickets will be mailed closer to tournament time. Free fanfest between games each day at Target Field Plaza, not much time between games, however.

Anyone have any good ideas for a good greasy breakfest close to Target Center ? We used to hit up Mickeys dinner after a long night but now will have to find a new spot, hopefully within walking distance. Any recommendations ?

If you're referring to in the morning, you have Hell's Kitchen(might want to make a res), The Local has a good brunch buffet, Key's Cafe has some solid omelettes and lastly Devil's Advocate has Bottomless Mimosas for $6 if you're looking for an early buzz to start the day. They're all about 5-6 blocks from the Target Center.

• Upvote 1

If you're referring to in the morning, you have Hell's Kitchen(might want to make a res), The Local has a good brunch buffet, Key's Cafe has some solid omelettes and lastly Devil's Advocate has Bottomless Mimosas for $6 if you're looking for an early buzz to start the day. They're all about 5-6 blocks from the Target Center.

Depending on where your hotel is, add 8th Street Grill to the list - just make sure they're serving that morning. Also, the breakfast burger at Kieran's, across the street from the TC, is awesome if you get there on the brunch menu.

Anyone know What hotel(s) would be most convenient to the Target Center?

I've stayed at the Marriott and Westin and they are both pretty nice and real close, but a little pricey because of the location. If you're willing to walk a few more blocks there are more options.

Anyone know What hotel(s) would be most convenient to the Target Center?

There is the Hotel Minneapolis which is a Marriott Autograph hotel with an advance purchase rate of $88 a night. Hyatt Regency for $99 a night advance purchase. Millennium Hotel for $93 a night. Hilton for a $109 a night. Le Meridian for $119 a night. Hilton Garden Inn for a $119 a night. Out of these the best deal is the Hotel Minneapolis. All within walking distance or a very short cab ride. Pretty much all are within 10 blocks of the Discount Center. These rates are from Expedia. There are others that maybe a little closer but much more expensive. Hope this helps whoever is looking for a hotel. All of these places will have parking fees that could run up to at least $20 a day or more with in and out privileges.

There is the Hotel Minneapolis which is a Marriott Autograph hotel with an advance purchase rate of $88 a night. Hyatt Regency for $99 a night advance purchase. Millennium Hotel for $93 a night. Hilton for a $109 a night. Le Meridian for $119 a night. Hilton Garden Inn for a $119 a night. Out of these the best deal is the Hotel Minneapolis. All within walking distance or a very short cab ride. Pretty much all are within 10 blocks of the Discount Center. These rates are from Expedia. There are others that maybe a little closer but much more expensive. Hope this helps whoever is looking for a hotel. All of these places will have parking fees that could run up to at least $20 a day or more with in and out privileges.

Awesome, thanks! Hopefully My gf and I get to meet some of you posters in person! Have some celebratory brews!

Just for other options, don't forget the light rail stops just two blocks from Target Center. That means you can also stay around Airport/MOA and have a quick and easy (and still sober) ride home too. A 24-hour pass (for light rail and buses) is $6/person or one-way rides are $2.25 (rush hour) / $1.75 other.

• Upvote 1

Just for other options, don't forget the light rail stops just two blocks from Target Center. That means you can also stay around Airport/MOA and have a quick and easy (and still sober) ride home too. A 24-hour pass (for light rail and buses) is $6/person or one-way rides are $2.25 (rush hour) / $1.75 other.

I was going to suggest that option myself...I have taken the light rail from the MOA downtown several times for Twins and Vikings games and it's far superior to trying to manage traffic and park somewhere around Target Center.

• Upvote 1