SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Tournament

IowaSioux24

Maybe it's changed, or perhaps that's what it is later in the evening. When I've been there it's been 5pm or so, prior to my bed time. Completely different than what you're describing. And again, I haven't been there in a year, so things could be different there now.

FYP :)

My group is making our first trip to the cities for the Conference Tournament. We are staying near the Mall of America and are planning on taking the Light Rail downtown to the Target Center for the games. Just curious if this is a good idea or not?

Yeah it is. Should be pretty easy. Just give yourself a little extra time in case you have to wait for a train or they get packed. It's a pretty carefree way of getting to and from downtown.

My group is making our first trip to the cities for the Conference Tournament. We are staying near the Mall of America and are planning on taking the Light Rail downtown to the Target Center for the games. Just curious if this is a good idea or not?

Just watch the times coming back. I think the trains run later on weekends, but they used to not run until bar close because they didn't want the drunken pukers on the train.

The light rail runs all night right?

Edited by Goon

Just watch the times coming back. I think the trains run later on weekends, but they used to not run until bar close because they didn't want the drunken pukers on the train.

But everyone knows the drunken pukers are SCSU fans, so that concern is not a factor this year.

Anyone else having issues selecting tickets on axs.com? Worked great last night and around lunch time for me, but lately it says no tickets found for the four game pack - even when I only select one ticket

You're right, was working earlier today, but not now.

I am sure this has been mentioned someplace by now, but I was a final five faithful for the longest time and wasn't sure about this new setup so I didn't get a package. Can a friend and I just get night game individual tickets at the door to watch the Sioux or are they two game deals only and we might as well watch half of the second game when we get there instead of go to the Pourhouse deal?

• Upvote 1

I am sure this has been mentioned someplace by now, but I was a final five faithful for the longest time and wasn't sure about this new setup so I didn't get a package. Can a friend and I just get night game individual tickets at the door to watch the Sioux or are they two game deals only and we might as well watch half of the second game when we get there instead of go to the Pourhouse deal?

You should probably be able to just get tickets at the door, I doubt it'll be sellouts either day. But for the weekend you'll only need two tickets, one for Friday and one for Saturday. Each ticket gets you in to two games. Re-entry IS allowed, so if you don't want to stay for all of the early game Friday, you won't have to. Hope that helps!

Each day's ticket is good for the whole session, regardless of when you enter the gate. I know we aren't planning to head to the Pourhouse on Friday since we'd rather watch Western Michigan and Denver, but I'm sure many will arrive right before the puck drops for UND and Miami.

Dave

Don't know how this could be true, but I was just told that the Target Center will be serving beer and mixed drinks at the Frozen Faceoff!

Since this is not an NCAA sponsored event and not on a dry campus arena it does not have to be "dry." The X was not a dry venue, either.

Thanks Sprig - I was thinking it was only on my end

It is working again today, although its hard, if not impossible, to find more than "singles" anywhere in the arena, while some sections are totally unavailable.