SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Sad situation. Over-reaction by military force on students. A little better response by police could diffuse situation. But students are being clearly rounded up like cattle. I believe on keeping order but this could have gotten ugly.

Disagree. The idiots were told two days in advance not to gather, that the police would be out in force, yet, they did it anyway. The perfect and appropriate response by the MPD. Personally, I would have enjoyed seeing some more head busting and pepper spraying.

• Upvote 2

Disagree. The idiots were told two days in advance not to gather, that the police would be out in force, yet, they did it anyway. The perfect and appropriate response by the MPD. Personally, I would have enjoyed seeing some more head busting and pepper spraying.

Throw some Tasers in there and I'm with you. ;)

• Upvote 1

After the Rau dive resulted in a PPG that made it a 1 goal game, gophers started diving all over the place to try and get another PP. Are the coaches telling them to dive because of the ticky tack way the game was called, or did the players take it on themselves?

I got to my folks' house in GF in time for the 3rd period and watched the rest of the game with them. We celebrated Union's goals and victory with much delight. I'd like to say that we wouldn't have celebrated with so much enthusiasm if it weren't for the fact that Gopher fans had such glee in our demise (admittedly, I'm sure UND fans including myself would've also reveled in beating the Gophers with .6 seconds left). All kidding aside, Union played great, had a fantastic team, and was no fluke...Congrats to them.

• Upvote 2

That's weird...the same Gopher fan "friends" of mine who blew up my cell phone with things like "awwww, poor Sioux" on Thursday night were all mysteriously AWOL last night.

Thanks much to Oxbow6 for the invite over to watch the game...I had nightmares of a ticker-tape parade in Dinkytown on Thursday amd Friday night. Slept like a baby last might though.

That's weird...the same Gopher fan "friends" of mine who blew up my cell phone with things like "awwww, poor Sioux" on Thursday night were all mysteriously AWOL last night.

Thanks much to Oxbow6 for the invite over to watch the game...I had nightmares of a ticker-tape parade in Dinkytown on Thursday amd Friday night. Slept like a baby last might though.

I wonder what happened with the Gophers last night? The little that I watched, it seemed as if they took a lot of silly penalties and that 6th goal was somewhat of a soft goal relative to Wilcox's abilities....a really bad time for giving up a leaker.

I wonder what happened with the Gophers last night? The little that I watched, it seemed as if they took a lot of silly penalties and that 6th goal was somewhat of a soft goal relative to Wilcox's abilities....a really bad time for giving up a leaker.

It seemed like a completely different team compared to the one that played the Sioux Thursday. Stupid penalties, bad turnovers, playing soft, no interest in playing defense at all, and Wilcox might have played one of his worst games of the season. It probably hurts Gopher fans even worse knowing they didn't play the way they can but the only one they can really blame that on is their players and coaches.

It seemed like a completely different team compared to the one that played the Sioux Thursday. Stupid penalties, bad turnovers, playing soft, no interest in playing defense at all, and Wilcox might have played one of his worst games of the season. It probably hurts Gopher fans even worse knowing they didn't play the way they can but the only one they can really blame that on is their players and coaches.

Acually, I'm stunned at GPL this morning...here's a short summary.

- definitely over-achieved all season...

- silver trophy isn't bad...

- beat North Dakota with .6 seconds left...anything else would have been gravy...

I told a bunch of Canadian hockey players this weekend about Gopher fans singing Oh Canada! Or their chants of "gopher rejects!" when UND is playing them. While they chuckled a little, they didn't quite appreciate the inference of Minnesota hockey superiority. I was pleasantly surprised at how many of the Winnipeg guys were Sioux fans and rattled off so many names of Manitoban guys-Genoways, Toews, Patrick, Pattyn, etc. They pay attention.

Im confused in watching the dinkytown footage from last night.

Is the U-S-A chant implying that Union is a bunch of Canadians? :unsure:

According to The Don, a bunch of over-aged Canadians. LOL. As an aside, I have often wondered why the Boston Bruins fans like to chant USA when in reality most of their lineup is Canadian. players.

Also after seeing the heroes of dinkytown link I am left wondering why some say the Neanderthals are extinct:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/25224406/mugshots-10-arrested-in-dinkytown

After the Rau dive resulted in a PPG that made it a 1 goal game, gophers started diving all over the place to try and get another PP. Are the coaches telling them to dive because of the ticky tack way the game was called, or did the players take it on themselves?

I was wondering that myself.

Either way, it was pretty humorous/ridiculous to watch.

Was it Serratore that dove later in the 3rd (looked like he actually jumped up to get nice air)...that one was a laughable attempt at drawing a penalty.