SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

62043650-01135643.jpg

I'm a tiny little hockey puck that happens to cross the goal line with 0.6 seconds left, defeating your biggest rival and catapulting your favorite hockey team into the championship game.

Unfortunately for you, you thought it would be a good idea to watch the game in Dinkytown and park your car on the street.

If you have cut-rate car insurance, you might not be protected against a street sign being thrown through your car windows.

Protect yourself from MayheM like me.

The word "epic" is tossed around a lot these days...but this post was AWESOME. I laughed out loud. Nice work.

• Upvote 1

62043650-01135643.jpg

I'm a tiny little hockey puck that happens to cross the goal line with 0.6 seconds left, defeating your biggest rival and catapulting your favorite hockey team into the championship game.

Unfortunately for you, you thought it would be a good idea to watch the game in Dinkytown and park your car on the street.

If you have cut-rate car insurance, you might not be protected against a street sign being thrown through your car windows.

Protect yourself from MayheM like me.

You don't write ads do you? This was the best caption by far.

I worry that many young people see that type of behavior and want to copy it because "if the Arizona's and Minnesota's do it, we should do it too. Would hope that isn't true, but I hear them copying stupid cheers, so who knows. The fact that UND hasn't won a championship in quite a while makes me worry about it even more. Must destroy things to show how happy we are. That appears to be the common sense world we live in today.

It probably won't happen at UND, but it could. I know when I was downtown at one of the bars before the UND-Minnesota game a few UND students were talking about burning couches in the streets and stuff if they had won. What makes it so much more likely at Minnesota is having such a large population of college students so close together. UND/Grand Forks just doesn't have anything near what Dinkytown does for close population like that. Plus, people come from other schools in the TC metro as well. I think only 5 of the 19 or whatever that were arrested on Saturday were actually UofM students. The others were all from other small schools. The Dinkytown "riots" weren't actually very bad this year. Spring Jam 2009 at the U had a much more violent riot. Or the 2002 and 2003 hockey national title riots. Look up Youtube videos of those, they damn near could have burnt Dinkytown all the way down to the ground if they wanted to (and damn near did).

Either way, it's stupid. I'm all for getting a couple thousand students in the street to party and celebrate, but the ones that do the dumb s*** deserve to go to jail and be expelled from school.

So per Johnny krazinski ap writer for Minnesota region, the gopher hockey program is the Yankees of college hockey. I would have to say they are the Mets. Simply not up to par with my thinking. 7>5, 9>7, 12 years in a row in NCAA's. Last time I checked, we are ranked on national championships and Gophers are in 5th (corrected by fellow siouxsportster)as far as I can tell.

Some people call them that because they're the winningest program in college hockey history, they're the #1 rival of quite a few schools (hated, like the Yankees), and they get a lot of the players they want. They have by far the best TV contract in college hockey. They're tied for most National Title game appearances now too, with Michigan..? I think?

If they're not the "Yankee's" of college hockey, they're pretty darn close.

Some people call them that because they're the winningest program in college hockey history, they're the #1 rival of quite a few schools (hated, like the Yankees), and they get a lot of the players they want. They have by far the best TV contract in college hockey. They're tied for most National Title game appearances now too, with Michigan..? I think?

If they're not the "Yankee's" of college hockey, they're pretty darn close.

The Yankees have the highest payroll and the most titles! Their teams every year seem like an unfair advantage, the best money can buy! That's why people/teams etc....hate them. How the goofers compare to that is beyond me????

• 2 weeks later...

Guentzel the favorite?

Meanwhile, odd that someone coaching in the B1G as a current head coach would be on this finalist list. :huh:

Guentzel has CC ties-he was an assistant there and his kid played there. That said, I'd be surprised if he was offered-or he accepted-the job being I've heard he's the heir apparent at Minnesota.