SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

Then why did he bring back Guentzel after firing him and the team rebounded once he returned?

When details of the extent of Lucia's illness came out later, it was obvious his condition played a significant role in the team's struggles.

• 2 weeks later...

UConn formally becomes the 12th member of Hockey East starting this coming fall...and all 12 Hockey East teams will qualify for the post-season.

Also, the opening round of the tournament changes from single-elimination to a best-of-three series.

UConn formally becomes the 12th member of Hockey East starting this coming fall...and all 12 Hockey East teams will qualify for the post-season.

Also, the opening round of the tournament changes from single-elimination to a best-of-three series.

I'm going to say home games at the XL Center will look like a NCAA regional.

Indeed they have. You thinking surprise pick?

No my money is it's Guentzel. A highly possible chance that it could be Derek Lalonde.

My dark horse pick is Ryan Papaioannou the head coach of the Brooks Bandits in the AJHL. I read somewhere that there was talk that Papaioannou was being looked at to coach in the WHL.

No my money is it's Guentzel. A highly possible chance that it could be Derek Lalonde.

I'm with you on Guentzel...I know our Gopher friends want to believe he'll stick around Minneapolis and wait out Lucia's next 5-7 years but I just don't see that happening if he's offered a head coaching gig.

I'm with you on Guentzel...I know our Gopher friends want to believe he'll stick around Minneapolis and wait out Lucia's next 5-7 years but I just don't see that happening if he's offered a head coaching gig.

Yeah I'm with you on that, you have to take every opportunity when it presents itself. I have yet to see where Guentzel is guaranteed the Minnesota job.

Yeah I'm with you on that, you have to take every opportunity when it presents itself. I have yet to see where Guentzel is guaranteed the Minnesota job.

Spot-on. Another 5-7 years of being an assistant and a certain Potulny might think he's the man for the Minnesota job...

Spot-on. Another 5-7 years of being an assistant and a certain Potulny might think he's the man for the Minnesota job...

Guentzel could build a very good team there in a few years, Owens always found talented players that other teams overlooked.

Maybe gfhockey has a "good old boys" connection at CC lol.

Guentzel could build a very good team there in a few years, Owens always found talented players that other teams overlooked.

Maybe gfhockey has a "good old boys" connection at CC lol.

Yes, CC is a quality program with some recent national recognition. It's not a start-up project like Penn State or a reclamation project like Lake Superior State.

Yes, CC is a quality program with some recent national recognition. It's not a start-up project like Penn State or a reclamation project like Lake Superior State.

I have a feeling that they have the money to pay for a very good coach.

My dark horse pick is Ryan Papaioannou the head coach of the Brooks Bandits in the AJHL. I read somewhere that there was talk that Papaioannou was being looked at to coach in the WHL.

One of my buddies sent me a twitter feed yesterday noting guentzel was not interested or at least not a candidate.