SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

Y'all might get your wish…Hak just sent this text to the team:

“We are two months into open gymsone month from the end of the regular season and obviously all of you are satisfied with last year’s titlenight's game. We are the team that will havealways has a target on our backs. We are the team that everyone throws their acehot goalie against. We are the team everyone wants to beat this year. I am sick of stupid excuses to not come to open gymplay a full sixty. … If you want to be an athlete commit to it. One hourTwo games a week is not too much to ask if you want to be an athlete. If you make an excuse not to comecompete then you are telling me what kind of athlete you are. I cannot require you to comecompete but I thought I would have a group excited to try and defend awin an inaugural league title. Not to make excuses and not care. Some of you are not even in a sportthe weight room or watching film right now, which is even more pathetic. … I will not send out another message like this, but some of you may be in for a rude awakening when the seasonMiami comes and you are not in the lineup due to a younger player that puts in the time.”

​Word is that a certain player's parents are, at this moment, frantically searching for Faison's phone number.

Well played Mauer.

Why is this thread still up? Every coach has losses like this, ask Jack Parker, Red Berenson, Don Lucia. All coaches with pretty impressive resumes; whether you like them or not. Hak is, I believe, the third winningest coach in UND history. He has never missed a NCAA tourney and always been competitive. Its a down year talent wise, but that happens with college programs, we can't be unstoppable every year.

That being said, we need to keep fighting and get into the tourney, where anything can happen. Then next year, we get some good new recruits coming in; let the young guys develop and move forward. Hak will right the ship. Great coach, would not want him gone.

Why is this thread still up? Every coach has losses like this, ask Jack Parker, Red Berenson, Don Lucia. All coaches with pretty impressive resumes; whether you like them or not. Hak is, I believe, the third winningest coach in UND history. He has never missed a NCAA tourney and always been competitive. Its a down year talent wise, but that happens with college programs, we can't be unstoppable every year.

That being said, we need to keep fighting and get into the tourney, where anything can happen. Then next year, we get some good new recruits coming in; let the young guys develop and move forward. Hak will right the ship. Great coach, would not want him gone.

The first post made tonight in this thread was tongue-in-cheek. The rest of us are chiming in with our own sarcastic tone - no worries.

Go to bed everyone, the sun will come up again tomorrow.

OOHH JEEZUS!!! WHAT SON IS COMING UP NOW??? Archibalds' burned us for a HAT TRICK+ and DomZom was right behind! WTF?? Why didn't UND get these prodigy recruits? :huh: COACHING and here's why - Blais showed how to motivate a team with theatrics totally opposite Gwozdeckys' Big DASHER DANCE SHOW. Graceful exit and then the real show begins...

-- Omaha almost scored shorthanded seconds after Deans' departure and the UND PP

-- Jutting (very able DI coach) also enflamed Blais' fire BUT had the sense to call a timeout to refocus the team

-- Once UNO got the momentum they never let it go...UND wouldn't pull Saunders in favor of a totally inexperienced freshman but at that point, why not? What really did they have to lose?

-- The PP is absolutely embarrassing and lame. The last PP the players just skated around and played dump and chase and didn't seem to care at all...Hak had his usual "worried" look but why didn't he ever call a timeout and LIGHT THEM UP! No...and of course we got the grim look and calm BUT controlled "we didn't get it done" postgame interview for the XXth time. LAME! Where's the f*cking FIRE - ever??? aahhhhgghhh

Like Hak but he's NOT THE GUY! He'd make a great assistant like Jutting and could probably do what Troy did tonight and WIN a game you were trailing by 2 goals in a crazy game atmosphere and a hostile arena and go home happy but he's NOT a WINNER!! He's a placeholder....and under him that's been 2nd place at best and worse! Not acceptable

• Upvote 3

UND wouldn't pull Saunders in favor of a totally inexperienced freshman but at that point, why not? What really did they have to lose?

A full season of playing eligibility for that #3 goalie ... for 20 minutes in an already lost game. That's not a good trade.

"Goalie H" hasn't gotten any official playing time this season so this could serve as a redshirt year.

(He's "Goalie H" because I have no idea how to spell his name.)

A full season of playing eligibility for that #3 goalie ... for 20 minutes in an already lost game. That's not a good trade.

"Goalie H" hasn't gotten any official playing time this season so this could serve as a redshirt year.

(He's "Goalie H" because I have no idea how to spell his name.)

You are Correct in all aspects of this post...

And its spelled Hrianyinkioiewygcjmj

• Upvote 1

Where is all this talent gone, lots of draft picks lost in Hakstol stubborn system. Not once did you see omahas forwards all in once place or all behind the goal. Blais isn't coming back but Hak could learn some lessons on what style they play, aggressive in your face fast pace hockey, not grind in out, dump and chase, give up possession style. Hakstol better figure this out or more and more people we'll be leaving the rink early or not coming at all. The power play, come on we all know the definition of insanity, just once try to carry it in and set it up. Omaha plays the style we played 15 years ago, you don't win every game but it's exciting and fun to watch.

• Upvote 2

I agree with you fully... and this very thread is one of the main reasons I don't visit this forum anymore... To believe we have fans that act like this when we get a loss is unreal.. Those people give me the feeling an arrogant gophers fan would and I'd just rather avoid those types of people.. Last night was a tough loss I get that, we played very poorly and it was often hard to watch.. but sure enough, come to siouxsports and this is the top thread. A bunch of NHL coaches hidden behind sioux related usernames show up and start in.

• Upvote 2

I agree with you fully... and this very thread is one of the main reasons I don't visit this forum anymore... To believe we have fans that act like this when we get a loss is unreal.. Those people give me the feeling an arrogant gophers fan would and I'd just rather avoid those types of people.. Last night was a tough loss I get that, we played very poorly and it was often hard to watch.. but sure enough, come to siouxsports and this is the top thread. A bunch of NHL coaches hidden behind sioux related usernames show up and start in.

Yup, last night sucked as did Saunders and our power play but let's forget it and move on. Of course this thread didn't show up when we were on our 10 game unbeaten streak that everyone has conveniently forgotten. Time to focus on Miami and controlling what we can instead of going on this pathetic Fire Hakstol routine. Let's finish the season strong and win the NCHC playoffs so there's no doubt we make the dance.

• Upvote 1

It's just not great hockey to watch, even Fridays win was hard to watch. Hakstol has the horses let them run no need to plow every time out. Clarke stole one Friday and wasn't good on Saturday.

I honestly don't think its hak's system as many colleges and NHL teams play it. We simply are lacking offensive forwards other than Rocco. We don't have a first line and many of our forwards could barely cut it a few years back.

I honestly don't think its hak's system as many colleges and NHL teams play it. We simply are lacking offensive forwards other than Rocco. We don't have a first line and many of our forwards could barely cut it a few years back.

Why do you keep giving Rocco so much credit? He really is not that good.

This team wastes way to much on the cycle and or grinding it out on the wall, lots of these players were goal scorers on their previous teams, you don't forget how to score. You can't score behind the net or eating the puck against the wall with you face in the glass.when was the last time we came back from being down 3-1 to winning 6-3 Hakstol style won't let that happen. We can say miller, mateau etc would have changed some things but the style is not fun to watch and not much scoring.

• Upvote 1

This team wastes way to much on the cycle and or grinding it out on the wall, lots of these players were goal scorers on their previous teams, you don't forget how to score. You can't score behind the net or eating the puck against the wall with you face in the glass.when was the last time we came back from being down 3-1 to winning 6-3 Hakstol style won't let that happen. We can say miller, mateau etc would have changed some things but the style is not fun to watch and not much scoring.

Um...Semifinal game against the Gophers in the Final Five 2 years back, but we were down 3-0 and won 6-3. So apparently "Hakstol's style" will let that happen. :silly:

He's the best forward on this team.

Has been through much of this run, in spite of his difficulty in putting the puck in the net, but last night he disappeared from the game entirely. Hope he was just sick or something, because he was not the same player he has been

Has been through much of this run, in spite of his difficulty in putting the puck in the net, but last night he disappeared from the game entirely. Hope he was just sick or something, because he was not the same player he has been

He needs skaters beside him. OD isn't one. Rocco missed Drake this weekend IMO.