SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

It was meant to be in jest, sorry if I offended as sometimes that doesn't translate to posts. Was not actually calling for a ban and I don't believe I even have that power.

Oh, hey, I was just trying to give Mafia Man some grief. Just for fun. No worries! Sorry if I wasn't clear. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So if Ohio State University played a mid-season exhibition football game against the University of Nova Scotia and lost, would you say it is time to think about canning Urban Meyer?

Last I checked, Urban at least has a history of winning a national championship. Which is something Hakstol is lacking and as to why people are losing patience over every season with no results. Hell, there's a reason why Sandelin has a pretty good length leash. He's had some not so good seasons but he's notched a natty.

I still think Hakstol is the man but I can see why there is clamoring to get rid of him.

So if Ohio State University played a mid-season exhibition football game against the University of Nova Scotia and lost, would you say it is time to think about canning Urban Meyer?

Haha…if that actually could happen….yes.

• Upvote 1

Last I checked, Urban at least has a history of winning a national championship. Which is something Hakstol is lacking and as to why people are losing patience over every season with no results. Hell, there's a reason why Sandelin has a pretty good length leash. He's had some not so good seasons but he's notched a natty.

This game meant as much to UND hockey this season as the Valpo game meant to UND football.

And UMD fans were calling for Sandelin's head at least two years prior to his NCAA title run season. Had UMD not made that Frozen Four, I don't doubt for a second that he'd have been canned by now.

This game meant as much to UND hockey this season as the Valpo game meant to UND football.

And UMD fans were calling for Sandelin's head at least two years prior to his NCAA title run season. Had UMD not made that Frozen Four, I don't doubt for a second that he'd have been canned by now.

I don't disagree and you are very much right on UMD/Sandelin. That's why I hope Hakstol can win one soon. It'd put this discussion into hibernation for a while.

I still think Hakstol is the man but I can see why there is clamoring to get rid of him.

I agree. I feel Hakstol can do it and I understand he is a nice guy. However a change of paradigm might help him get through games that should clearly be won and not be so predictable in games needed for a National Title. Let the conversation begin on being predictable.

Happy with the L? No.

Happy that if they are going to come back from the break and lay an egg it's a game that doesn't affect PWR? Yes.

This is a wake-up call to re-find the team that ended the first half on a winning streak.

It's season-defining time, ... for players and coaches.

Happy with the L? No.

Happy that if they are going to come back from the break and lay an egg it's a game that doesn't affect PWR? Yes.

This is a wake-up call to re-find the team that ended the first half on a winning streak.

It's season-defining time, ... for players and coaches.

What's this.....about the 3rd wake-up call this season? The Friday St. Lawrence game was the last one.