SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

Really!!!!

Honestly if they were do you think there would be so many games where the players lack effort? That should never happen at any level, especially the college level.

It's strange. Not only is this team not overly talented, but they also don't give all that great of an effort night in and night out. It's so inconsistent.

Honestly if they were do you think there would be so many games where the players lack effort? That should never happen at any level, especially the college level.

Was Denver's Super Bowl performance an indication that players lack effort when John Fox is in charge?

This team was on a what, 12 or 13 game unbeaten streak? I lost count. Now, one bad home loss, and it's "Hak has lost the team"?

1. this team isn't skilled enough to carry the puck in like in years past. 2. UNO stacked guys at the blueline forcing them to dump. UNO had a plethora of odd man rushes from turning UND over just inside the blueline.

Finally! I've been waiting for someone to say this. Didn't want to seem crazy for mentioning it. ;)

1. this team isn't skilled enough to carry the puck in like in years past. 2. UNO stacked guys at the blueline forcing them to dump. UNO had a plethora of odd man rushes from turning UND over just inside the blueline.

Yes, they did - it's called coaching

Was Denver's Super Bowl performance an indication that players lack effort when John Fox is in charge?

This team was on a what, 12 or 13 game unbeaten streak? I lost count. Now, one bad home loss, and it's "Hak has lost the team"?

Who did they beat/not lose to? Not exactly murderers row.

And no Denver got their ass kicked because they ran into a buzz saw. I've seen too many games where a UND team got outworked. It never used to happen. Throw in the fact that they aren't all that talented and you've got another early exit in the tourney.

Actual spot on analysis? This must be the kind of stuff we would get if people actually watched the game instead of sat up in the bar slamming beers and complaining about other's job status.

2. UNO stacked guys at the blueline forcing them to dump. UNO had a plethora of odd man rushes from turning UND over just inside the blueline.

Then this should have increased UND winning some foot races to pucks... especially up a man?? Did not get to pucks and did not win battles to create scoring chances on the PP all weekend

• Upvote 1

I suppose you will next tell us that #1 is in no way, shape or form the fault of Hakstol and his staff?

And then you will tell us that Hakstol and his staff are not at fault for refusing to make in-game adjustments to deal with #2?

Number one has become a major problem in recent years. Number two has been pointed out by others on this forum.

But I suppose the standard answer will be the same as it always is.....

"In Hak we trust....No Matter What!!!" :silly:

• Upvote 1

I suppose you will next tell us that #1 is in no way, shape or form the fault of Hakstol and his staff?

And then you will tell us that Hakstol and his staff are not at fault for refusing to make in-game adjustments to deal with #2?

Number one has become a major problem in recent years. Number two has been pointed out by others on this forum.

One of the easiest solutions to beating UNO by stacking at the blueline is actually dumping the puck to soft spots in the zone and then winning the races to the puck but there wasn't a whole lot of guys who brought enough intensity and energy Saturday night to win those races.

Where have i ever been a Hak apologist? I guess just because i throw out some truth to the situation, you lump me in with your opinion of fans that are blind. Your constant spew on this topic is growing tired. You don't like the answers but yet you keep asking the same questions. 1. of course the coach shares responsibility but so do the CHL/NHL departures of players slated to be on the roster that have hurt this team. Systems aren't the problem with this team, it's the talent. #2. adjustments/systems are the reason multiple UNO guys were left by themselves out in front of the net or odd man rushes against? Did you call for Blais' head after the 2001-02 season? Because that team sucked. Or was it graduation,departures, recruiting lapse? 3. Curious as to who you think should be the next coach to lead this team. Give me 3 realistic names and why.

• Upvote 1

Where have i ever been a Hak apologist? I guess just because i throw out some truth to the situation, you lump me in with your opinion of fans that are blind. Your constant spew on this topic is growing tired. You don't like the answers but yet you keep asking the same questions. 1. of course the coach shares responsibility but so do the CHL/NHL departures of players slated to be on the roster that have hurt this team. Systems aren't the problem with this team, it's the talent. #2. adjustments/systems are the reason multiple UNO guys were left by themselves out in front of the net or odd man rushes against? Did you call for Blais' head after the 2001-02 season? Because that team sucked. Or was it graduation,departures, recruiting lapse? 3. Curious as to who you think should be the next coach to lead this team. Give me 3 realistic names and why.

My memory not that good/seem to have read Blais had won a national championship not long before the 2001--02 season

His answer usually is that he isn't saying Hakstol should be fired. I would submit that if after every loss Hakstol's systems or coaching seems to be his problem -- why isn't he asking for Hakstol's head?

1. Steve Johnson: proven winner.

2. Mike Guentzel: brought the Gophers back.

3. Cary Eades: funny how UND's slide co-responded to his departure.

Argue all you want that none have head coaching experience at the college level. Neither did Hak for that matter. Hak's biggest mistake was getting rid of Eades.

You are correct, it's not the system that is run it is a lack of forward talent. Plain and simple.

Argue all you want that none have head coaching experience at the college level. Neither did Hak for that matter. Hak's biggest mistake was getting rid of Eades.

People were complaining the same when Eades was here because we hadn't won a national championship. There were things that precipitated the change in the coaching staff.

You obviously have a personal thing for Steve Johnson so I won't even argue with you on that.

Guentzel seems like he will someday be a solid head coach and likely soon, but there is no way to know whether he would be better than Hak. Plus, who's to say he'd have any interest in coaching at UND.

And I think you're over-exaggerating on a slide since Eades departure. Since big picture results seem to be the issue with Hak, in 3 of Eades's last 4 years at UND, they lost in the Regional Finals. First year without him, loss in the Regional Finals. Quite the slide.