SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

geaux_sioux

Today, 12:32 PM

To rationalize this as a meaningless exhibition is ridiculous. It doesn't matter if it's a drill in practice or a game against some random bad Canadian college hockey team, effort should be 100% and unquestionable.

You are right, it is not meaningless. This is a recruiting area for North Dakota. What message was received by future possible young recruits about the direction UND is going.

• Upvote 1

To rationalize this as a meaningless exhibition is ridiculous. It doesn't matter if it's a drill in practice or a game against some random bad Canadian college hockey team, effort should be 100% and unquestionable.

As a coach of this great game I couldn't agree more.

I'm guessing he is lucia :D

Nah, Lucia had Okposo and Vanek, etc. Those guys didn't give 100% every shift.

And neither did Ryan Potulny in that infamous goal of HC's at the Ralph. Coughed it up in the corner, lollygagged back. Back of net. :)

I hate to say this but, I was a bit embarrassed at UND's performance last weekend, particularly Friday's game. There were a number of teams in attendance (I'd say they were pee wee and bantems) and I kept telling myself as well as my girlfriend-who hadn't seen UND in person until the BC trip-we're really a much better skating team...I swear! I bet those local kids weren't in awe of UND after Friday's game. I'm not blaming the coaches because at the end of the day, the players went out on the ice. I was just really bummed after Friday's game because it's always been a source of pride for me to attend road games over the years-UND regularly has an air of confidence (not arrogance but more of an attitude of, "we're here to win and we will work our butts off to accomplish that and we will not be intimidated, no matter how hostile the opposing fans are.").

I promised my gf that when she sees the UND/CC series, win or lose, she is going to see a much more aggressive, hungry, and harder working squad. I am confident that Hakstol will have the full attention of the players this week in practice as well as this weekend's games.

Nah, Lucia had Okposo and Vanek, etc. Those guys didn't give 100% every shift.

And neither did Ryan Potulny in that infamous goal of HC's at the Ralph. Coughed it up in the corner, lollygagged back. Back of net. :)

Calling out a GF legend??? Huge Sioux fan here but that comment was bush.

Calling out a GF legend??? Huge Sioux fan here but that comment was bush.

Haha, Ryan Potulny is a GF legend? I had no clue, and I went to HS with him.

And specifically regarding my comment, watch the YouTube video of that Holy Cross goal again...if that isn't a textbook example of lack of hustle on his part, I don't know what is. :)

• 1 month later...

Lets get her going again...

Y'all might get your wish…Hak just sent this text to the team:

“We are two months into open gymsone month from the end of the regular season and obviously all of you are satisfied with last year’s titlenight's game. We are the team that will havealways has a target on our backs. We are the team that everyone throws their acehot goalie against. We are the team everyone wants to beat this year. I am sick of stupid excuses to not come to open gymplay a full sixty. … If you want to be an athlete commit to it. One hourTwo games a week is not too much to ask if you want to be an athlete. If you make an excuse not to comecompete then you are telling me what kind of athlete you are. I cannot require you to comecompete but I thought I would have a group excited to try and defend awin an inaugural league title. Not to make excuses and not care. Some of you are not even in a sportthe weight room or watching film right now, which is even more pathetic. … I will not send out another message like this, but some of you may be in for a rude awakening when the seasonMiami comes and you are not in the lineup due to a younger player that puts in the time.”

​Word is that a certain player's parents are, at this moment, frantically searching for Faison's phone number.

• Upvote 2

Y'all might get your wish…Hak just sent this text to the team:

“We are two months into open gymsone month from the end of the regular season and obviously all of you are satisfied with last year’s titlenight's game. We are the team that will havealways has a target on our backs. We are the team that everyone throws their acehot goalie against. We are the team everyone wants to beat this year. I am sick of stupid excuses to not come to open gymplay a full sixty. … If you want to be an athlete commit to it. One hourTwo games a week is not too much to ask if you want to be an athlete. If you make an excuse not to comecompete then you are telling me what kind of athlete you are. I cannot require you to comecompete but I thought I would have a group excited to try and defend awin an inaugural league title. Not to make excuses and not care. Some of you are not even in a sportthe weight room or watching film right now, which is even more pathetic. … I will not send out another message like this, but some of you may be in for a rude awakening when the seasonMiami comes and you are not in the lineup due to a younger player that puts in the time.”

​Word is that a certain player's parents are, at this moment, frantically searching for Faison's phone number.

Is this real?