SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

the funny thing about the mack brown situaion is that before he arrive there that program was irrelevant(sp) for what 20-25 years. he made the program relevant,won a nat title and would have won a second if his qb didn't get hurt in the first quarter against bama in the nat title game. I'm pretty sure saban will be booted out at bama if they don't win another one inthe next five years.

I don't think Saban will go anywhere anytime soon. They locked him up for the rest of his coaching career. I don't see him going to the NFL (the track record for college coaches at the next level is generally poor) and he has led the Tide to three national titles. That should buy him all the breathing space he needs to finish out his contract and retire on top of his game.

the funny thing about the mack brown situaion is that before he arrive there that program was irrelevant(sp) for what 20-25 years. he made the program relevant,won a nat title and would have won a second if his qb didn't get hurt in the first quarter against bama in the nat title game. I'm pretty sure saban will be booted out at bama if they don't win another one inthe next five years.

Saban isn't going anywhere and Texas would have never won that game.

• Upvote 1

Not many because Blais had 2 NCAA titles (1997, 2000) and arguably saved the program from long-term ruin when he took it over in 1994. That buys you some serious breathing space.

Plus, that was the first year of the new REA; and he had just come off the '01 season where he nearly won another NC with a team that wasn't even "supposed to be" in the championship game.

• Upvote 1

Not many because Blais had 2 NCAA titles (1997, 2000) and arguably saved the program from long-term ruin when he took it over in 1994. That buys you some serious breathing space.

That's not what I recall at all on this site. It was only a few years after the 2000 season that some posters here were saying that Dean had lost his tournament mo-jo, especially after the 2003-04 season ended in disappointment (even though it was a 30-8-3 season).

Plus, that was the first year of the new REA; and he had just come off the '01 season where he nearly won another NC with a team that wasn't even "supposed to be" in the championship game.

They should have won that game. Kris effing Kolanos...

• Upvote 1

That's not what I recall at all on this site. It was only a few years after the 2000 season that some posters here were saying that Dean had lost his tournament mo-jo, especially after the 2003-04 season ended in disappointment (even though it was a 30-8-3 season).

Well, I wasn't one of those and I was very down when Blais left for the Blue Jackets. When I saw the headline in the GF Heraldo that morning, I realized that an era (a GOLDEN era) in Sioux hockey was over. :sad:

They should have won that game. Kris effing Kolanos...

The greatest late 3rd period 2-goal lead Jerry York ever blew (at least for him)! That ended quite a streak of "bridesmaid" finishes. They really should've canned him after the 2000 debacle.

Saban isn't going anywhere and Texas would have never won that game.

Exactly. My Mack Brown post compared Hak to him minus the critical point-Brown won a title, but also to demonstrate that elite programs are not just very good, they are elite. I believe Brown's down years (since the title) reflects a winning pct as good as Haks.

Exactly. My Mack Brown post compared Hak to him minus the critical point-Brown won a title, but also to demonstrate that elite programs are not just very good, they are elite. I believe Brown's down years (since the title) reflects a winning pct as good as Haks.

18-17 in conference. One 5-7 year. Hak's numbers are in no way comparable to Mack Browns. Football winning percentage is not comparable to hockey. Stop grasping at straws to try and prove a point that doesn't exist.

BANNED? Ouch!

That's the second time in the past month that the call has gone out to have me banned.

Seriously....apparently you cost the Sioux a trip to the Frozen Four and then (here) you put flaming poop on your fellow fans' doorsteps and ring the bell? Sorry, I'm not answering on this one.

Seriously....apparently you cost the Sioux a trip to the Frozen Four and then (here) you put flaming poop on your fellow fans' doorsteps and ring the bell? Sorry, I'm not answering on this one.

It was meant to be in jest, sorry if I offended as sometimes that doesn't translate to posts. Was not actually calling for a ban and I don't believe I even have that power.

Yea, OK, so on the 5, 10, and 15 year reunions of Michigan's 1998 title team, I get a 'thank-you' card in the mail signed by Marty Turco and Red Berenson. It could have happened to anybody...unfortunately, I was chosen to wear this albatross around my neck.

:sad:

It was meant to be in jest, sorry if I offended as sometimes that doesn't translate to posts. Was not actually calling for a ban and I don't believe I even have that power.

I know you were joking...no harm. I expected some razzing for posting that.