SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

Calipari was also very vocal about how over rated he thought his team was. He said they weren't anywhere near as mature or tough as his previous class that won it all as fr.

So if Hak called out his players and cited their lack of maturity and toughness, this thread would dry up and it would be ok? I doubt it.

Sounds similar to the debate going on within the Nebraska football camp. Pelini has had, what, six consecutive seasons where they haven't lost more than 4 games, something many other football programs would kill for but is considered unsatisfactory for Husker fans based on what they're accustomed to in their storied past.

When Hak starts talking in the media like Pelini does, then you have a valid comparison.

When Hak starts talking in the media like Pelini does, then you have a valid comparison.

Pelini isn't going anywhere, at least not this year.

Shawn Eichorst quashed some of the speculation about Bo Pelini's future as Nebraska's head football coach on Saturday, issuing his support via statement.

It was apparent in the words used that it was not a statement the first-year Husker athletic director wanted to make at this time but one he felt necessary due to the heightening noise about the situation.

"My approach has always been to not comment publicly about our coaches until their full seasons are complete, as I strongly believe it is unfair and counter to best practices," Eichorst said. "However, given the volume of unfounded speculation and conjecture about our head football coach, I want to reaffirm what I have said many times since I have arrived at the University of Nebraska — that I positively respect, appreciate and support our football student-athletes, coaches and staff, as we do everyone in the Husker family. We very much look forward to our upcoming bowl game and Coach Pelini continuing to lead our program in the future."

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2013/eichorst-quashes-rumors-backs-pelini/article_2939bfd4-59de-11e3-9698-0019bb2963f4.html

Not arguing that. Pointing out there are issues with comments Pelini has made adding some off field issues as well. Not a comparable situation to Hak.

Didn't mean to imply that you thought Pelini was on his way out (or should be). It was the last post about Pelini, so I was using it to point out that he wasn't going anywhere in spite of all the speculation. If you go further into the article they say that even though talk radio and the internet seems to be in favor of getting rid of him, a new poll was 55% in favor of keeping him, 36% in favor of getting rid of him and the rest were undecided. There is a lot of negativity on talk radio and internet forums that does not always reflect the actual majority of the public.

I think the comparison is valid with regards to fans' expectations of their two respective teams. Both sets of fans expect nothing less than national championships; unrealistic to expect every year, perhaps, but expected nonetheless. Prolly why we don't see runner-up, 3rd place, NCAA appearance type banners in the Ralph like you see in other arenas (such as the World Arena).

I remember the day nobody could refer to the team as Fighting Sioux anymore.

The announcer stumbled on his words, almost saying it several times. Leaving the game and listening to TH on 96 while driving home stumbling on his words trying not to say Sioux!

Now everyone is in denial, including me. They are the Sioux, dammit! The players comment on twitter, they hash tag Sioux. The players interviewed for Through these doors and etc... They say "fighting Sioux". The players huddle around the goalie at the start of the game, they break by saying "Sioux"!

Maybe they, we, everyone needs to let go?

Pay money, have a team of lawyers work for it, or just plain lobby to get the name back!

Or just let it go.

They have not been the same since that day! At least in my opinion they haven't. The only thing I want more than them warriors to be called the fighting Sioux is....to play as a team like they used to, to be feared like they used to be. To have coaches from the opponents team say "if we can weather the storm here in the first period we have a chance to win"

It just hasn't been the same team since that day.

I remember the day nobody could refer to the team as Fighting Sioux anymore.

The announcer stumbled on his words, almost saying it several times. Leaving the game and listening to TH on 96 while driving home stumbling on his words trying not to say Sioux!

Now everyone is in denial, including me. They are the Sioux, dammit! The players comment on twitter, they hash tag Sioux. The players interviewed for Through these doors and etc... They say "fighting Sioux". The players huddle around the goalie at the start of the game, they break by saying "Sioux"!

Maybe they, we, everyone needs to let go?

Pay money, have a team of lawyers work for it, or just plain lobby to get the name back!

Or just let it go.

They have not been the same since that day! At least in my opinion they haven't. The only thing I want more than them warriors to be called the fighting Sioux is....to play as a team like they used to, to be feared like they used to be. To have coaches from the opponents team say "if we can weather the storm here in the first period we have a chance to win"

It just hasn't been the same team since that day.

Fire Hakstol, save nickname?

http://www.grantland.../zone-entry-nhl

I wasn't sure where to post this. This was where a lot of talk about dump and chase vs. carrying the puck in was being done so I figured I would post it here. It's a pretty good read for the more novice fans, like myself, and includes a study with some interesting numbers.

Great story and thanks for finding and posting it. Probably the best thread for it.