SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

Well, frankly, when the coaches all claim to have a "professional approach" to the game, and yet the team can't perform, then what is left but to blame the coaches? Honestly, the last decade has been a bust, and it's not looking good for the near future, either. At what point do you hold the coaches accountable?

Hak isn't going anywhere, however, looking at the players/teams who have came and gone over the past decade it is mind-boggling we didn't win a natty during that time. Especially since every time we we knocked out we pretty much shot ourselves in the foot. In recent years our teams simply can't put a full game together.

I've never been part of the pitchfork crew, but something needs to change- especially on the pp and the breakout.

I am NOT saying fire Hak, but I am saying that Hak might have to do some thinking. As a professional, I don't lead all teams the same way, and I certainly have evolved my thinking now as compared to when I first started managing people.

Maybe Hak's systems suck, and the success has been due to the players' God given capabilities and skills.

I did think to myself during the SCSU series, "is SCSU better conditioned than we are?" It seemed like they were physically better...

... but something needs to change- especially on the pp and the breakout.

Dear NCHC,

Allow me to save you all some scouting money:

- If UND is at even strength they will try to enter the zone with a two-man game on the right wing between the dot and the boards.

- If UND is up a man they will try to enter the zone between dead center and the left wing dot, and expect that the LD will be bringing it up the middle.

Additional note: if it's 4x4 play UND will play like they are down a man.

Dear Dave Hakstol,

Your pony has one trick. Start teaching some new ones.

• Upvote 2

Dear NCHC,

Allow me to save you all some scouting money:

- If UND is at even strength they will try to enter the zone with a two-man game on the right wing between the dot and the boards.

- If UND is up a man they will try to enter the zone between dead center and the left wing dot, and expect that the LD will be bringing it up the middle.

Additional note: if it's 4x4 play UND will play like they are down a man.

Dear Dave Hakstol,

Your pony has one trick. Start teaching some new ones.

And expect that when UND is a man up they will use a hard ring into the zone and try to win the puck back to the defenseman off the wall.

Gosh, if they would just listen to us, think of the success they'd have...... :lol:

Mussman needs to go.

Hakstol does not.

Simply look at their track records. There's a substantial difference.

Ohh by garsh.....if it was the hockey program losing to a team in a division below them Hak would have been gone long ago. Its funny how below mediocrity is acceptable in the football program, but hockey is where the line is drawn.

• Upvote 1

Mussman needs to go.

Hakstol does not.

Simply look at their track records. There's a substantial difference.

Agree...just wish Hak wouldn't always be a "my system" guy. He has some unique skilled guys that can really skate.