SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

I got a crazy question...is it the style of play that we use (Dump and chase) that is getting old and doesn't produce the results now? I have yet to see how we have changed from a dump and chase type of team even with the big name studs coming on board and with the conference change. The last time dump and chase worked for us in the Frozen four was against other WCHA teams. Lastly, why are the defensemen bringing up the puck so far - why not transition to the forward faster? Looking for some honest feedback, not the usual we don't have heart, etc...

in relation, how can you have 15 NHL draft picks and be lacking skill up front?

Exactly....we have more draft picks than any other team in the country. We should not have a problem competing against any team in the country. And two of our undrafted players (caggs and stetch) are playing like our best players. We need a sweep against umd this weekend.

I was at the Saturday night game in Omaha. Have been following closely the past several years when UND still had TV contract and have seen some poor performances, but Saturday night took the cake. Badly outshot in period 1, Gothburg gave up a ridiculous goal from somebody shooting it from the corner. (I would have taken him out and told him to get his act together.) They started to finally get a little physical in the second and that gave UND a little momentum. Worst part of the performance was D-Men constantly getting mesmorized by the puck and the poke check and then watching guys dance by them. Haven't learned to take the body at all. This is what led to the 3rd and winning goal by Omaha. They lost a lot apparently when they dumped Eades to go with Berry.

hire idalski he has the premiere program at und right now.

Really? How many conference championships have his team won? How many conference tournaments have his team won? How many NCAA tournament appearances have his team made? They won a big game in the regular season and deserve congratulations, but they aren't the premiere program on campus or in their league yet.

Really? How many conference championships have his team won? How many conference tournaments have his team won? How many NCAA tournament appearances have his team made? They won a big game in the regular season and deserve congratulations, but they aren't the premiere program on campus or in their league yet.

I really don't think we should, I am a hak suppporter but in the spirit of the day I couldn't resist. however, your argument of being the premiere team in their league doesn't fit with the men right now either.

I really don't think we should, I am a hak suppporter but in the spirit of the day I couldn't resist. however, your argument of being the premiere team in their league doesn't fit with the men right now either.

Premiere programs aren't decided based on the results of 1 month worth of games. Premiere programs are based on performance over longer periods of time, like a season or series of seasons.
  • Upvote 1