SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

Ok I'll try and be serious with that question. Housley to UND. The Gwozinator to Maine. Hak to some NHL team as an assistant. Eades would be a second option for UND if they accept him as a man.

Do you really think Housley would be interested in a college job so far away from his roots and family?

I really don't see the Sandelin-back-to-UND-connection that some people do...he's a UMD'er for life now.

in regard to Housley

Gotcha. I see what you were getting at now. Blais going from high school coach to college coach. I am not saying Housley wouldn't be successful as a college coach...I just don't see him moving on from Stillwater at this point.

I think the "fire Hakstol" folks are out in force this offseason, for a couple of specific reasons:

1) Lowest number of wins in the Hakstol era =22 (previous low was 24, if I'm not mistaken). You can say that a "good" season is 20-plus wins, but I think standards are a bit higher here.

2) No "biggies". In every other year so far, Hak's teams have had at least one major accomplishment (WCHA Champs, Broadmoor Champs, or Frozen Four). This is his first season where none of those things happened.

So, I think a lot of people are wondering if the program is headed in the right direction.

• Upvote 1

If you ask me next year looks the same. Unless some underclass men really step up. Maybe the freshman.

I think we all my be pleasantly surprised next year at how well they do. I think some guys are really going to surprise us with their play. How much more can we ask than having a shot year in and year out?

I would close te gap in a hurry if you would just take a few months off...can't you register as Goon over on GPL?

Why, that site is a bag of ass. Their fans have no sense of humor.