SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. NIAGARA - Friday, 4:30 espnU

AZSIOUX

Talk about a down to the wire game. Man, that was a hell of a game. Talk about senior leadership stepping up and willing the team to a win. Lets do it again tomorrow against Yale. Niagara gave us a good game. It's going to be another battle against Yale but if the Sioux keep it in high gear. We can beat them.

GO SIOUX!!!

Thoughts:

~I'll never understand hockey.....ever.....OD goes from playing every third shift to not seeing the ice whatsoever in the third....wtf.....

~Zane was very good. Get pissy about the goal all you want, but I'll take that all year.

~Dillon Simpson.....just.....talk about a solid steady smart defenseman. Things are under control when he's on the ice.

~Need to keep Rocco up top......thats all I got.

Three more wins......three more wins.....doesn't matter how they get them.

Thoughts:

~I'll never understand hockey.....ever.....OD goes from playing every third shift to not seeing the ice whatsoever in the third....wtf.....

~Zane was very good. Get pissy about the goal all you want, but I'll take that all year.

~Dillon Simpson.....just.....talk about a solid steady smart defenseman. Things are under control when he's on the ice.

~Need to keep Rocco up top......thats all I got.

Three more wins......three more wins.....doesn't matter how they get them.

Damn right win is a win this time of year! Up next the Yale bulldogs!

I think these games show how evenly paired the teams in college hockey are. I knew Yale wouldn't get rolled by Minnesota, and I knew that UND-Niagara was basically a toss up type hockey game. Niagara has got a tremendous goaltender. And the great equalizer in all of sports is goaltending. I'm glad our guy was up to the task as well.

And sadly, I'm cheering for Denver now.....

I think these games show how evenly paired the teams in college hockey are. I knew Yale wouldn't get rolled by Minnesota, and I knew that UND-Niagara was basically a toss up type hockey game. Niagara has got a tremendous goaltender. And the great equalizer in all of sports is goaltending. I'm glad our guy was up to the task as well.

Phew, so I'm not the only one. It feels disgusting to do so but I dislike UNH. WCHA er NCHC pride? lol :lol:

I know the Sioux had a solid first period, but is it too much to ask that they show the 3rd period type of urgency / intensity in the first period to score first? If you want to win a National Championship, you have to bring that high level of intensity from the start, especially since the first goal is critical against teams that are slight underdogs. Hate to see the Seniors leave with a game where they leave something on the table. That said, however they win doesn't matter to me, as long as they keep moving on. I do cringe on penalties like MacMillan's and the icing when shooting at the empty net, because those things come back to haunt you. Being pushed to the limit sometimes can jog memories on how close to the edge you really are in a one and done tournament though.

Gritty team win and all around effort. Niagra's goalie really kept them in it and even though Zane wasn't tested too much I thought he handled himself well and looked very confident and kind of was a calming influence for the team. I'm not gonna get on him on the goal because I think it may have changed directions a little bit when it went under Gleason. I thought there were way too many penalties in the game and would like to see more of a 5 on 5 game tomorrow. Gonna need more production from the powerplay going forward and need the penalty kill to keep performing well. Was glad to see Hak wasn't afraid to make adjustments going to the 3rd and really liked the way all 3 of those lines performed for the time that they were together when he decided to make the change. At this time of the year it doesn't matter how it happens but you just gotta find a way to survive and advance!

Much easier to cheer for Denver than Minnesota. We need western college hockey to be well represented in the final four.