SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. NIAGARA - Friday, 4:30 espnU

AZSIOUX

PS: When I said Drake was odd man out I meant odd man out of the top two units. I think you go KKR-RPM, then Cags-Pattyn-St. Clair, and the fourth line is whoever with Gaarder.

This...

They probably didn't show this on tv, but when UND came out on the ice for warm ups, the arena announcer said, "Please welcome the North Dakota University Fighting Sioux!!". We all looked at each other and said, "did he just say Fighting Sioux?".

From then on out, he got it corrected to the University of North Dakota. But it was a great 'screw you NC$$' moment!

• Upvote 2

They probably didn't show this on tv, but when UND came out on the ice for warm ups, the arena announcer said, "Please welcome the North Dakota University Fighting Sioux!!". We all looked at each other and said, "did he just say Fighting Sioux?".

From then on out, he got it corrected to the University of North Dakota. But it was a great 'screw you NC$$' moment!

Winning....Winning. :lol:

Too sweet. Screw those clowns.

somebody mentioned it earlier how we looked fresh in the thrid period. I don't think that is the case if we play three games last weekend at the final five and I think wisconsin's performance today shouldn't have been that unexpected considering they went the three in three route last weekend. last time we played yale we had tired legs, not today boys, not today.

In the Herald game sidebar Tom Miller reports both Hak and players downplaying yesterday's third period top line change. Miller was skeptical that Hak meant it when he said the final period effort and outcome had little to do with line combinations. It was 5 guys and the goalie working together. Coach-speak? Maybe, but Knight said much the same.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94506988@N02/8603459774/in/photostream

Check out this photo if you havent seen it already. I'm not smart so i couldnt figure out how to upload the photo directly to the forum. The NCAA used the Sioux logo and called us 'North Dakota State'

That's not the NCAA. Those are niagaras daily game notes. NU's error.

I think that Hak and company were doing their best job of not throwing OD under the bus. Yeah, its the five guys on the ice, but if you put me, Mafia, and Oxbow together on a line and say go get me a powerplay goal fellas, were not going to have any chemistry.....its going to be forced, and likely Mafia will just hang out by the dot like Bjugstad.... :lol:

It had everything to do with the line combinations. Kristo had more space....he scores.....I'm not a bright man but I do know enough about hockey to figure out that Niagara had to respect three forwards on the ice instead of just two......

We all watched the game. A simple eyeball test shows you what the changes did for this team yesterday. Hak and the boys are very careful with the media and the words they use. I think you could replay about 20 Hak wed pressers or pre/post games and wouldn't have a clue what game or team they played or are playing. Nothing wrong with that at all but we all saw what we saw come 3rd period and what type of jump Rocco added. Stevie wonder could see that...

1 win to steel city boys!!

Lets go sioux

I think that Hak and company were doing their best job of not throwing OD under the bus. Yeah, its the five guys on the ice, but if you put me, Mafia, and Oxbow together on a line and say go get me a powerplay goal fellas, were not going to have any chemistry.....its going to be forced, and likely Mafia will just hang out by the dot like Bjugstad.... :lol:

It had everything to do with the line combinations. Kristo had more space....he scores.....I'm not a bright man but I do know enough about hockey to figure out that Niagara had to respect three forwards on the ice instead of just two......

Your last sentence is the key. BTW...I skate worse than I putted yesterday!!! :sad: And yes Mafia is just a one-way player!

Ok. Sounds like we all suspect coach-speak of the reported remarks re: line combinations. We'll see what lines are on the ice to start the game and what juggling occurs situationally. Whoever's out there with whomever, I expect they will put forward phenomenal effort. Can't do anything less and punch that ticket to the Pitts.

Your last sentence is the key. BTW...I skate worse than I putted yesterday!!! :sad: And yes Mafia is just a one-way player!

I'm not sure if Mafia is left or right handed. So I'm not sure which dot, but I'll assume we're playing a 2-3 forecheck until you or I get the puck.

Yeah, its the five guys on the ice, but if you put me, Mafia, and Oxbow together on a line and say go get me a powerplay goal fellas, were not going to have any chemistry.....its going to be forced, and likely Mafia will just hang out by the dot like Bjugstad.... :lol:

I'd prefer sprig or Cratter on our line but if we have to go with Oxbow6, well, I guess that's Hakstol's call.

You guys just go get me the puck...I'll take care of the rest!