SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD - Friday

AZSIOUX

Then I guess UND missed recruiting some pretty darn good players. Our freshman class has been stellar for us this year. Oh and I heard Leblanc and Hanowski are pretty good too. Jensen and Prochno would start on any WCHA team....except for UND I guess... :D

That's not what I meant....hanoski didn't get recruited by the gophs either....he could play for them now.

The one thing that really worries me some tonight is how well St.Cloud's powerplay moved the puck last night. I think we will come out much more intense and physical tonight and that could result in a few penalties and I really don't want to see that St.Cloud powerplay on the ice too much tonight.

The one thing that really worries me some tonight is how well St.Cloud's powerplay moved the puck last night. I think we will come out much more intense and physical tonight and that could result in a few penalties and I really don't want to see that St.Cloud powerplay on the ice too much tonight.

That was, without a doubt, the best power play movement I've seen all season.

I think a lot of you people should take the gun out of your mouth and see how the team plays tonight. They just came off of a huge and emotionally draining series with um. We weren't the only team who played in marriucci last week that lost last night. Wait and see how we play tonight. If we don't show up again and give them the effort plays and lay down then that will warrant a !@#$ storm.

So if you play Mark M. on the top line tonight do you put Rocco on the second line with Rowney and Parks?

Then third line......Caggiula-Gaarder-Mitch?

Fourth line: St. Clair-Pattyn-Rodwell

I'd actually put St. Clair up on that 3rd line with Caggiula (not sure who to bring back to 4 between Mitch and Gaarder). He had a lot of jump last Sat night against UM and, in relative terms, was one of the more 'energetic' Sioux players last night.

"Caggiula, Rocco and St. Claire were actually together last night for a little while and I thought they were really good."

Agree. My 2 cents:

Mark M., Knight, Kristo

Rocco, St. C, Drake

Parks, Rowney, Gleason

Gaardar, Pattyn, Rodwell

Lot of frustration venting today, and after that performance it's no wonder. I don't recall a worse one ever, and I've been watching longer than most of you.

I'm going to hold judgement until after tonight, I'm hoping last night's debacle coming off a tough Gopher series really makes guys look in the mirror and they have a sick feeling in their stomach and remember why they came to this school and what they represent as a team. If they don't come out tonight and play like a pack of wild dogs I will be truely worried about the rest of the season.

I'm not going to get on the coaches because they know more than I ever will, but with only 11 games left before the tournament they need to set their lines and stick with them, shuffling guys back and forth has provided no kind of rhythm and right or wrong they need to put 3 guys together for the next 4 weeks and let them build some chemistry before each game really does matter a lot.

on a side note I could give rip about the final five as it means nothing and has doen more harm to our ncaa hopes than has helped in recent years. IMO only the green banners that are hung have meaning and this program hasn't won in over a decade and is approaching the longest title drought in program history. we can have all the talent in the world but if we don't win a title every so often it goes wasted.

I can think of 8-10 WCHA teams that would GLADLY trade their past eight seasons for North Dakota's...

What is your reasonable expectation for a title? Denver has 2 within what, the last 40 years? Minnesota 2 in the last 33, 34? Michigan? Boston University? About the same.

What would YOU consider acceptable for North Dakota? Once every five? Three? Every other year? No question its a monkey on UND's back...I hope soon enough its off.

on a side note I could give rip about the final five as it means nothing and has doen more harm to our ncaa hopes than has helped in recent years.

Ridiculous.

It seems to me that in two of the last three years we ABSOLUTELY needed to make the Final Five, and win at least one game there in order to make the national tourney.

So, you could shake it up a bit tonight:

Knight with Mark Mac and Kristo

St Clair with Grimaldi and Caggiula

Rowney with Parks and Gaarder

Pattyn with Rodwell and Chyzyk

Like these line combos. Again, I heard something off ice happened with Chyzyk. Didn't buy into it when I heard it but something is up with that kid. I have thought that when Rocco, Colton and Drake have played together during the year they have looked good. Rowney is the wild card from here on out IMO...he has been very average at best to date.