SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD - Friday

AZSIOUX

This is the softest Sioux team since the Bjorkman era. Come on - we have 6 returning defensemen with playing time and a number 1 draft pick and we cant clear the front of the net? Pathetic. Literally half way through the game and we had 5 - count em - 5 shots on goal. We had better have a boatload of talent coming in next year because when we lose Kristo, Mac, and Knight I don't know if we will score at all. Manhandled by the Clowns is unacceptable.

this season is quickly becoming a f-in lost cause. last years squad that was undermanned most every night had more heart, soul and grit than this team will ever have. i'm about ready ready to sell my frozen four tickets as the only way und will be there is if they are running maintenace crew. i could sell them to some quinnipiac fan who would have more use for them. this is frickin pathetic. I think tonights game tells us a whole lot about the heart and focus of this squad. you come off a disappointing weekend last weekend and all we hear this week is you have to be ready for st. cloud and to get run aout of the building by a team that split with rpi and got swept at home by northern michigan is an utter embarassment for one of the so called "top" programs in the country. absolutely pathetic. whohoo what a great second half run we are experiencing. i kept telling people it may not happen one year and this appears to be it with an overrated underachieiving team. fall the 11th in the pairwise, let's fall six more spots and offically be in position to put an end to this disaster of a season.

• Upvote 1

I thought Rocco played well, but that's it. The rest of the team didn't seem to care.

Hopefully this is just a bad carry over from the last 10 minutes of the Saturday Gopher game and the boys will be ready to play a full 60 minutes tommorrow

I hope this is the the BSU loss from last year where they collapsed, completely uninspired and then went on to come back and do very well. I'm not too sure about this, though

This team is missing two things:

1 Hextall

2 A third for Kight and Kristo(Brock Nelson)

I thought the goaltending was in queston but you can not win if you do not score goals. For the people that want to get rid of Hak I thing that is dumb look at Blais and Omaha they have not been to the Final Five.

Don't know if someone already brought this up, but tonight would be a fitting night to show this to the players and have them ask themselves the question do they really want to work like they said they would to make the last year in the WCHA a memorable one by winning as many trophies as possible. Can't just talk a great work ethic fellas!

Don't know if someone already brought this up, but tonight would be a fitting night to show this to the players and have them ask themselves the question do they really want to work like they said they would to make the last year in the WCHA a memorable one by winning as many trophies as possible. Can't just talk a great work ethic fellas!

Thanks for the great video it got me motivated hope the Boys watch this and get some inspiration from this

Too much emphasis has been placed on two or three players. The media within the school has put most of the glory on these three players. Our captains lack the leadership skills and fail at encouraging the young players. Come on boys, lets meet on a level playing field. None of you are super stars, not yet, anyway. Confidence from the entire team is what we lack. Lets come together boys and help one another. It's not too late.

Hopefully the Sioux will turn it around tomorrow night, but I do have some concerns as others have expressed that the Sioux haven't been tough to play against. They haven't gone hard to the net consistently, they haven't cycled the puck consistently and they haven't outworked teams consistently -- all trademarks of Hakstol's teams. To me, if the Pattyn, Senkbeil, Rodwell line isn't going to cycle the puck and wear down the other team in the process, you might as well put Chyzyk and Gaarder in the lineup because they have a lot more offensive upside. Right now I would put Gaarder in regardless, because he continually works hard, along with St. Clair.

The most frustrating part is that even with the outcome in Minneapolis last weekend, the Sioux could be in first all alone if they wouldn't have stumbled and played without passion in the losses to CC and St. Cloud. Get the ball rolling again tomorrow night and hope that Wisconsin and St. Cloud can put the hurt on Minnesota a bit. Problem is now that even with a win, St. Cloud most likely holds the tiebreaker with us.

One thing i'd like to add is how many times we have had games like this. Where we lost one on one battles, lost races to the puck, didn't establish a forecheck, didn't lay the body, ect. At the end of those games they talked about how they still have tomorrrow or they still have next weekend. But what happens once playoffs start. You have to play a full 60 minutes of hockey no matter what.

Also, where is the team that played the 5 minutes of overtime for UND vs MN? Hopefully they show up for saturdays game.

Heart and passion are going to the wayside... cant have a rivalry becuase its too mean spirited. .. no criticizing student athletes they try hard ... its just an overall panzy ass transformation all round. And we wonder why games like this happen. .. come on... we lose last week and it was a moral win or a good effort in a great game. That stuff makes losing ok... and it needs to be unacceptable for this program... theres a sign outside the locker "expect to win"... apparently its being misinterrepted bcuz it doesnt mean you get handed wins at home, its supposed to be a mentality and a standard you set for yourself...

Apoligize for the rant but ive been sick of this panzy ass attitude for a while

• Upvote 1