SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD - Friday

AZSIOUX

Took a serious hit in the pairwise rankings last night. Hopefully a win tonight can help UND climb back up a few spots. The crap ass play last night hurt in a few spots. 1. Just sucks to suck like that :) 2. Missed golden chance with Mankato beating umtc 3. Pairwise

Win tonight and at worst 2 points back on Scsu and 2 back of umtc. Loss tonight then.....well that's just not going to happen.

I find when people believe there is no way things are going to happen, that is when they end up happening. I don't understand people who say a talented team like St. Cloud has no chance at all of sweeping the Sioux. If the players end up buying into some of the arrogance that gets thrown around on message boards, that is how you get an effort like last night. However, I know you aren't exhibiting cockiness, simply confidence in the team to rebound in the face of the debacle last night.

Yeah youll start tovbe black listed and band from the chats if you mention blais...he built the program and now it is tumbling down

You might be taken a little more seriously if you didn't call for every single coaches head and bring up the good old days all the time. If you were held to your own high standard, you wouldn't have a job-- oh, wait ...

I clearly recall plenty of whining on here after the regional playoff losses to Michigan in 98...Boston College in 99...Denver in 04...

There is no way a Blais-coached team would lose in those situations. No way at all, he always gets his players up for big games.

I work on an hour oil rig out west. Prolly wipe my ass with more money then u make in year pal

Maybe you should realize at some point in your life that money isn't everything, in fact in the scheme of life it isn't anything, and maybe if you learned that you wouldn't be calling for everybody else's job every time you are on this board.

teams take on the personality of their coaches and none of these three coaches is a firery(sp) type of coach so therefore the team will show no fire and will take on a business like aproach to everything. those of you who are wishing/hoping for a coaching change-it isn't gonna happen unless hak leaves on his own. mussman and jones still have jobs at this university and have acomplished nothing compared to what hakstol has.

on a side note I could give rip about the final five as it means nothing and has doen more harm to our ncaa hopes than has helped in recent years. IMO only the green banners that are hung have meaning and this program hasn't won in over a decade and is approaching the longest title drought in program history. we can have all the talent in the world but if we don't win a title every so often it goes wasted.

There is no way a Blais-coached team would lose in those situations. No way at all, he always gets his players up for big games.

I'm sorry, did you miss the 2012 World Jr Tournament?

I'm going to make a few comments, which I'm sure I'll be personally insulted and berated for.

1) While I don't think the coaching staff is guilt-free in performances like last night, I also don't think they are the only ones to blame. As a player, you have to take personal responsibility in the effort that you produce.

2) Criticize or don't criticize Hakstol...I don't care. But Blais isn't infallible (read: UNO's record vs. Bemidji), so get over it already.

3) Last night's performance was the worst, most uninspired I've ever seen from a Sioux team...period. But I'm not willing to give up on them for the season. Nor do I think it indicative of their 'heart.' JK said it best...that's a character issue, not a circumstantial issue. And since most of these boys were on last year's team, we know they have it in their character...they just need to find it.

4) Still trying to find line combos in late January is definitely not ideal. But, most coaches don't have 2 new players simultaneously available in January who they haven't had for the first half of the year.

5) Maybe we should stop making the assumption that just because someone is listed as a healthy scratch it means they are actually healthy. Shoulder surgeries are notoriously difficult to recover from, so rather than villify OD for being 'a huge disappointment,' I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's still working on it. But, that's just my personal opinion.

So, go ahead and accuse me of drinking green kool-aid and wearing green colored glasses, etc. I think last night's game is beyond worthy of criticism and contempt. And had I been there, I also would have booed as Simpson let the clock tick away to finish the second. I'm just not ready to give up on the whole team (or coaching staff) because of it.

Maybe im the only one that likes to see old time fighting sioux hockey...

And like to see our players play with heart

And not get out coached once a weekend...

Im sorry that i can put down the koolaid and take off the green shades...

I don't get the whole outcoached thing. If you have ever coached before you would know that there are times when there is really nothing you can do to get the players going. Can Hak draw up a play that suddenly makes the players play harder? There are just some times where there is nothing that works to get the team going. Yeah you can criticize the line combinations and things like that but Hak spends a lot more time with the players than any of us here do and he can see the way they are playing togethere throughout the week of practice. I trust in Hak to make the best decisons for this team and think some people need think about things a little more than strictly we lose fire the coach.

can we stop with the two new players thing. easy solution, sit mitch mac as he brings absolutely nothing to table. nothing. then you only have to find a spot for parks, which who by them way has been less than impressive since his return. so we go into x-mas with a little momentum and then insert two players who have brought virtually nothing to table and have messed everything up. nice

I'm going to make a few comments, which I'm sure I'll be personally insulted and berated for.

1) While I don't think the coaching staff is guilt-free in performances like last night, I also don't think they are the only ones to blame. As a player, you have to take personal responsibility in the effort that you produce.

2) Criticize or don't criticize Hakstol...I don't care. But Blais isn't infallible (read: UNO's record vs. Bemidji), so get over it already.

3) Last night's performance was the worst, most uninspired I've ever seen from a Sioux team...period. But I'm not willing to give up on them for the season. Nor do I think it indicative of their 'heart.' JK said it best...that's a character issue, not a circumstantial issue. And since most of these boys were on last year's team, we know they have it in their character...they just need to find it.

4) Still trying to find line combos in late January is definitely not ideal. But, most coaches don't have 2 new players simultaneously available in January who they haven't had for the first half of the year.

5) Maybe we should stop making the assumption that just because someone is listed as a healthy scratch it means they are actually healthy. Shoulder surgeries are notoriously difficult to recover from, so rather than villify OD for being 'a huge disappointment,' I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's still working on it. But, that's just my personal opinion.

So, go ahead and accuse me of drinking wearing green colored glasses, etc. I think last night's game is beyond worthy of criticism and contempt. And had I been there, I also would have booed as Simpson let the clock tick away to finish the second. I'm just not ready to give up on the whole team (or coaching staff) because of it.

I agree with pretty much everything you said great post. I'm also getting pretty sick of the Blais is God type posts and he could fix this team posts after every game we lose.

can we stop with the two new players thing. easy solution, sit mitch mac as he brings absolutely nothing to table. nothing. then you only have to find a spot for parks, which who by them way has been less than impressive since his return. so we go into x-mas with a little momentum and then insert two players who have brought virtually nothing to table and have messed everything up. nice

Parks produced- when on the line with Knight and Kristo

So, go ahead and accuse me of drinking green kool-aid and wearing green colored glasses, etc. I think last night's game is beyond worthy of criticism and contempt. And had I been there, I also would have booed as Simpson let the clock tick away to finish the second. I'm just not ready to give up on the whole team (or coaching staff) because of it.

I read the post you are responding to as sarcasm...

I'm completely ok with Mitch being taken off the top line (though I'd prefer he be replaced by his brother rather than Grimaldi). But I can't agree with your opinion of Parks. His stats aren't great, but he's created a lot of opportunities in the offensive zone since returning to the line-up.