SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD - Friday

AZSIOUX

Like these line combos. Again, I heard something off ice happened with Chyzyk. Didn't buy into it when I heard it but something is up with that kid. I have thought that when Rocco, Colton and Drake have played together during the year they have looked good. Rowney is the wild card from here on out IMO...he has been very average at best to date.

Rowney has assists in the last two games. I think he needs to play play with Dynamic players.

This team defensively is what it is and it will continue as is IMO. This team's only chance to make strides is to put the best offensive talent together on 3 lines and try to get more goals than we give up. The SOG margin last night was ridiculous and in most games this year we have been out shot. Now you who say SOG don't matter go back and watch the 1st goal of the game last night!

Ridiculous.

It seems to me that in two of the last three years we ABSOLUTELY needed to make the Final Five, and win at least one game there in order to make the national tourney.

three games in 3 three days or 6 games in nine days, yeah those have helped our tournery prospects. how many frozen fours have we made after playing three games in three days at the final final five-one. and how many have we won-none. and this year has six in nine written all over it. I've said it before, why is the WCHA the only league to have a flippin third day. I sure as hell hope the NCHC doesn't.

I can think of 8-10 WCHA teams that would GLADLY trade their past eight seasons for North Dakota's...

What is your reasonable expectation for a title? Denver has 2 within what, the last 40 years? Minnesota 2 in the last 33, 34? Michigan? Boston University? About the same.

What would YOU consider acceptable for North Dakota? Once every five? Three? Every other year? No question its a monkey on UND's back...I hope soon enough its off.

for a program like UND's at least once a decade isn't asking too much.

three games in 3 three days or 6 games in nine days, yeah those have helped our tournery prospects. how many frozen fours have we made after playing three games in three days at the final final five-one. and how many have we won-none. and this year has six in nine written all over it. I've said it before, why is the WCHA the only league to have a flippin third day. I sure as hell hope the NCHC doesn't.

So you're saying we should've been losing at the F5 in order to be fresher for watching the national tourney on TV?

Why do you blame the playoff format? Blame the team for finishing 3rd - 5th those years.

So you're saying we should've been losing at the F5 in order to be fresher for watching the national tourney on TV?

"You play to win the game!" But his point is winning those games probably hasn't been advantagous heading into the NCAA due to all the games played in a short amout of time.

"You play to win the game!" But his point is winning those games probably hasn't been advantagous heading into the NCAA.

But in many cases, the only game that would've been a "throw away" at the final five would've been the championship. And, since you can't just forfeit to save your legs for the national tourney, you may as well play to win it.

This whole playoff argument is ridiculous because other than the 2011 team we have consistently been a bubble team heading into the playoffs.

But in many cases, the only game that would've been a "throw away" at the final five would've been the championship. And, since you can't just forfeit to save your legs for the national tourney, you may as well play to win it.

This whole playoff argument is ridiculous because other than the 2011 team we have consistently been a bubble team heading into the playoffs.

2005-bubble team

2006-yes but probably would make it

2007-yes but probably would make it

2008-no

2009-no

2010-bubble team, but final five run killed this team with 6 games in 9 nights

2011-no

2012-yes, but probably would make it

2013-??

Put me in the "Loves the success at the final five" category.

Although when a team like Duluth a few years ago loses out right away, has a full week and a half layoff and comes back rested and wins the national championship you have to put chips into the argument for it not being the most important thing for UND.

Would things have turned out differently for UND last year had they not came back to beat Minnesota at the Final Five? Did playing one more game cost them in the long run? They don't end up in a regional in St. Paul......likely they would have been out east in BC's bracket. And we know how that would have turned out the way that BC was playing.

2005-bubble team

2006-yes but probably would make it

2007-yes but probably would make it

2008-no

2009-no

2010-bubble team, but final five run killed this team with 6 games in 9 nights

2011-no

2012-yes, but probably would make it

2013-??

So basically you're saying there has only been one instance where we've been burned by a grueling WCHA playoff run, and they needed every one of those exhausting wins to even make it?

Since none of the seasons you've shown here actually ended in a National Championship, it would appear that the 6 in 9 reason for failure is no more significant than any other reason, no?

• Upvote 1

Haven't seen that type of I don't give a f out of a UND team well, maybe ever?!? Jesus wake the f up guys and smoke Scsu tonight. Pathetic last night as a whole. Lets see something tonight out of this squad! Maybe commodore can grab a few guys and get them rolling :) go sioux!!

^^^^^^^this...get commie to knock em around a bit^^^^^^