SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

20 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Culver's>Whataburger

Culver's is definitely the only fast food burger I'd eat here in GF. Whataburger would be a another choice if they were here. Do you know how far north they've come, I see they now have nearly 800 locations

11 hours ago, sprig said:

You finally found whataburger. Ate there often when I lived in TX. 

I discovered it back in 2009 when I ate one in Brunswick, Georgia. They have a new sandwich that's amazing, not really diet friendly, but good. 

On 10/15/2017 at 5:53 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Ate at Chick-fil-A Friday before hockey. Drive thru was long. Went inside. 8 orders in front of us. By the time we walked in the door and got our food it was just over 7 minutes.

Every time I’ve been to a Chick-fil-A it’s been like that.

On 10/15/2017 at 6:53 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Ate at Chick-fil-A Friday before hockey. Drive thru was long. Went inside. 8 orders in front of us. By the time we walked in the door and got our food it was just over 7 minutes.

App allows you to order ahead, then just go to the pickup inside when you get there. No lines 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tnt said:

So there is a special pickup area?

Below the "pickup here" sign, according to the video, haven't been at the GF store yet

Edit:  ordered with the app for lunch and it worked great. There is a pickup order sign east of the counter. after you order with the app you click an "I'm at the store button"  and they begin making your order. I clicked the button when I was parked at the store then went in side. took less than 2 minutes for the app to show my order was ready then another minute while I waited for one of the people working behind the counter to  bring it to me. Meanwhile there were long lines at the counter and in line at the drive-thru that were all in line when I arrived at the store, and were still waiting when i left with my food 

14 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Sonic's food is garbage

FYP

Seriously, I will never understand why people get so excited to have these chains show up in the area.  It's fast food.  It's likely unhealthy, almost guaranteed to be over salted, and probably won't taste much different than the place next door.  :( [/cynicalrant]

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

FYP

Seriously, I will never understand why people get so excited to have these chains show up in the area.  It's fast food.  It's likely unhealthy, almost guaranteed to be over salted, and probably won't taste much different than the place next door.  :( [/cynicalrant]

Au contraire.  I can confirm that Sonic tastes much better than both tires AND hot tubs.

• Upvote 4

I was in Grand Forks over the weekend for my kid's hockey.  Went to Red Pepper for the first time ever for a grinder.  Excellent.  Wished I would have went there in my previous numerous trips to GF.  On Sunday we got some subs from Fat Albert's before heading out of town.  Love the Atomic from Fat Albert's, always try to hit that place when we are in town.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

I was in Grand Forks over the weekend for my kid's hockey.  Went to Red Pepper for the first time ever for a grinder.  Excellent.  Wished I would have went there in my previous numerous trips to GF.  On Sunday we got some subs from Fat Albert's before heading out of town.  Love the Atomic from Fat Albert's, always try to hit that place when we are in town.

Fat Alberts po boy taco is my jam 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

You need to try the tacos and combo tostadas the next time you come.  They put a lot of cheese on them and they're great!

8 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

Appreciate your post, hope your son plays for UND some day!