SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

Any one hear any more news on the Mitch MacMillian leaving SCSU? I wonder if he plans to join UND and his brother?

If he is a healthy scratch at St. Cloud, chances are he could be a healthy scratch here, unless he and his brother are able to have the chemistry they had in junior hockey. I would assume it would be hard to crack our lineup too, especially if the Sioux recruit to avoid the same kind of problems they are having with depth this year.

Don't you have five calendar years to complete four years of competition?

He's a sophomore and he didn't redshirt. He's burned 1.5 years of 4 years of competition. If he were to transfer to another DI school he'd have to sit a year (five year clock at 2.5 after that) but would still have 2.5 calendar years to finish 2.5 years of competition.

It seems to me that he would already have a decision in place prior to leaving SCSU. It will be interesting to see where he goes. He currently has 5pts, which puts him one less shy of his brother Mark with 6pts. From what I understand they play well together and I wouldn't be surprised if UND adds him during the xmas break next year.

I think if he transfers to another college, wouldn't he have to enroll in school this upcoming semester to be eligible next Xmas break?

Yes. He he'd have to sit out a year of competition: To be eligible January 2013 he'd have to be enrolled January 2012.

The best year of Mitch MacMillian's juniors or college career was 2009-10 with 61-32-93 and 94 PIM in 59 games.

His center that year was some kid named Mark MacMillan.

Not sayin', just sayin'; and you have to wonder if they see how much fun CC 8 and CC 13 are having.

True, but I wonder why he hasn't created enough offense to stay in a St. Cloud lineup who is hurting for depth like we are. They too are moving defensemen to forward. It isn't exactly like playing time would be a given here either.

Bismarck Bobcats (NAHL) team beat the Russian Red Stars 2-1 tonight. I've been hearing about how good the SIoux played against the Russian Red Stars, Now seems to have just been extremely weak competition

I was at the game thanks to a fellow member. From what I heard from numerous people was that Bismarck essentially played the game of the year by their standards. They are a darn good NAHL team, but they stepped it up and matched the speed and play of the Russians.

It was a great game in a packed house and the fans were loud. It was a lot of fun.

Did a little "local paper" research on Russian Red team:

Alexandria Blizzard game: Russians got up 4-0 by 2nd. Then when game at 4-1, Zabornikov gets 5 min major/ejection for "fighting with taped hand". During 5 min PP, Russians score a shortie for a 5-1 final.

Bismarck Bobcats game: Bismarck goes up 2-0 by 2nd. Russians score to go 2-1. Russians really pressed in 3rd period, and "scored" at 0:54 left (light went on) but goal disallowed by refs who "lost sight before it crossed". Zabornikov was fighter again.. Yatsenkov ejected for butt-ending.

Vs. UND it was Orlov ejected at end of 2nd (unsportsmanlike- after whistle hit).

So in 3 games, 3 different Russian players ejected..

Might be a game plan idea for future opponents...