SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

I wonder if he is a good player. I know he is about 20. Talking about Evan, I still shake my head every time I think of his carrying that puck up the ice against CC at last years Final 5. THat is one of my favorite sports memories. I was sitting alongside one of Badger Bobs assistant coaches and we looked at each other and I said, Did that just happen?

I wonder if he is a good player. I know he is about 20. Talking about Evan, I still shake my head every time I think of his carrying that puck up the ice against CC at last years Final 5. THat is one of my favorite sports memories. I was sitting alongside one of Badger Bobs assistant coaches and we looked at each other and I said, Did that just happen?

Evan actually comes from a pretty big family. He has three younger brothers and a sister.

Anyone see the big hit and resulting fight in the St Cloud/Wisconsin game? Sucks that the SCSU player got hurt but I didn't think it looked dirty, just didn't have his head up. Kinda hard to tell though...

Saw it "live" on the BTN and replay via Goon's World...horrible call. After seeing Buckey repeatedly check the Sioux from behind ;ast weekend with nothing more than 2 minutes minors, then to blow this nasty, but clean hit is just continued incompetence by WCHA officials. SCSU kid really got lit up but Ramage lead with his shoulder. Not his fault the SCCU kid had his head down...but that's what made it look really bad on live TV.

• Upvote 1

Eaves said that the refs told him it wouldn't have been a penalty a year ago but because of the unsuspecting nature of the hit it warranted a major penalty. My question is this, why don't players just skate with their heads down all the time and just focus on the puck, they can stickhandle better that way and could get a major penalty out of the deal, all under the guise of it being unsuspected. At some point on hits from the front, players need to be responsible for their own safety. Like I said before, pretty soon they will be legislating hitting out of the game, and this is just the first step in that progression. Pretty soon you will only be able to rub somebody out of the play without any force. I remember when a good open ice hit was something to cheer, not a reason to be tossed from the game. Not disputing that the player was hurt, but pretty soon players will stay down to make the officials contemplate more of a penalty as they are lying there. I can see the hit from behind by Brendan Woods being a game DQ late in the game because the puck was already gone and it was very close to the boards but I think that if Eddy doesn't stay down I don't think they call that one.

• Upvote 1