SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

Goon, since your afraid to answer the question, I will ask another Sioux fan the same question. Would you want Ben Blood to stick up for his teammates If an opposing team was taking some cheap shots at some Sioux players? .

I'll take a stab at this one...

NO

I'd rather have MacWilliam do it.

• Upvote 1

Oh come on Goon. The score was 5-2 at the time and three goal leads can evaporate quickly. There was NOTHING wrong with putting the #1 pp unit on the ice give me a break. And if thats your argument of the Gophers "fault" in this incident, then you have no argument.

Add that in with the fact that after they did go up by 4 the top line sat the rest of the game. I see nothing wrong with putting a dagger in the opponents heart. And a 4 goal win isn't that bad, I would understand Goons reasoning if it was a 6+ goal lead, but it wasn't. It was a tie game all throughout until the last 10 minutes of the game. If they were up 4 goals after 2 periods and were just rotating their first line in nothing would have been said. Teams do that all the time at every level, and yes Goon, UND does it as well (even with their PP units). Like I said earlier, it's your opponents job to stop you and if they can't then so be it. No reason to cry about it.

Here's your proof UND plays their top lines too Goon. Look how much time was left in this game last year when UND's first line scored to go up by 5....not 4...but 5.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/downloads2/403231.htm?ATCLID=205109124&SPSID=58684&SPID=6405&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500

Weird, in this game UND's first line scored in the third to go up 8-0 on Tech.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/downloads2/404821.htm?ATCLID=205114212&SPSID=58684&SPID=6405&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500

I'll take a stab at this one...

NO

I'd rather have MacWilliam do it.

Atleast you had the balls to answer the question unlike another person ( cough, cough, goon) on this board. Your right, I would want Macwilliam or any other Sioux player to stick up for a teammate just like Helgeson was doing for his teammates.

Atleast you had the balls to answer the question unlike another person ( cough, cough, goon) on this board. Your right, I would want Macwilliam or any other Sioux player to stick up for a teammate just like Helgeson was doing for his teammates.

Actually, I got the impression that the reason Goon didn't answer was because it was a rhetorical question. Usually, the person asking a rhetorical question doesn't actually expect an answer, but you are a little different.

Actually, I got the impression that the reason Goon didn't answer was because it was a rhetorical question. Usually, the person asking a rhetorical question doesn't actually expect an answer, but you are a little different.

Didn't mean to sound like the question was a rhetorical question, it was just a simple question asked.

Per the Box Score. the Following players were on the ice for the 6 goal in question.

21 - Jake Hanson, 27 -Nick Bjugstad, 7 Kyle Rau,

The time remaining in a 5-2 game was 1:46, Michigan Tech is not going to score 3-4 goals to tie the game against Patterson.

Oh Boo Hoo...

Lucia used the same "heat of the moment" phrase on his radio show on Monday in talking about what happened. Lucia also said that he regretted the trash-talking between coaches late in the Gophers's 6-2 victory over Michigan Tech at Mariucci Arena.

Lucia said he was upset because the Huskies were getting too aggressive A handful of penalties, mostly for roughing, were handed out in the final minutes of Saturday's game.

Edited by Goon

So you think that MTU would score 3-4 goals in 1:46? Against Kent Patterson? They are ranked 8th in the league in scoring.

Unlikely, but it HAS happended. There's NO WAY you would have a problem with the Sioux putting their top PP unit on the ice in the same situation. If an opposing fan whined about it you would tell them to stop being a cry baby and quit taking penalties. But this involves the Gophers so you of course take the opposite view.

Unlikely, but it HAS happened. There's NO WAY you would have a problem with the Sioux putting their top PP unit on the ice in the same situation. If an opposing fan whined about it you would tell them to stop being a cry baby and quit taking penalties. But this involves the Gophers so you of course take the opposite view.

Ah but of course, there you go... I am just tired of Gopher fans saying that their team was without fault in this ugly game. Both teams are to blame... I doubt the coach from Michigan Tech is lying about the yapping... The fact that your team is good again has brought your fan base out of your holes and now they are back to puffing out their chests. I can't wait for the Final Five where I can spend three days arguing with your fan base.

Edited by Goon

Give it up GFG, When goon doesn't have an answer he will resort to either name calling ( skippy) or spin the question

in another direction. It's too bad because he obviously has some knowledge when it comes to hockey.

That's not true because I actually like GFG... So I wouldn't call him a Skippy, I would call him delusional. :)

This is true, Goon and I get a long. Took some time but it happened! :)

I just like debating, I don't dislike very many people. I am just surprised that no one commented on the very hot girl in the video. :)

Edited by Goon