SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

Bismarck Bobcats (NAHL) team beat the Russian Red Stars 2-1 tonight. I've been hearing about how good the SIoux played against the Russian Red Stars, Now seems to have just been extremely weak competition

The Russian Red Stars beat Army Last season 11-4. To call them weak competition is a little short sighted. Their team was basically just slapped together before they headed to the USA. Also, their junior league is a feeder league to the KHL.

Bismarck Bobcats (NAHL) team beat the Russian Red Stars 2-1 tonight. I've been hearing about how good the SIoux played against the Russian Red Stars, Now seems to have just been extremely weak competition

True, they are not the best competition, and to that end, the Sioux didn't play Kristo and Nelson that much and got reps for the guys on the fourth line who usually don't play as much. I'm sure this was a big game for Bismarck, while the Sioux just finished finals and had enough focus to take care of a team they were supposed to beat. Comparing scores usually doesn't work that well when the motivation is a lot different.

And Vermont split with UM so clearly Vermont would torch UND.

Come on, the common opponent thing is worthless.

Yes, yes I know.

Which is why I added that fancy little winky in there.

Very difficult concept to grasp, I apologize. Next time I'll be sure to add several more smilies to assist the slower readers on the board. :D;):)

Not sure where this belonged but did any of u watch the Notre Dame Hockey special on Versus(NBC Sports Network) following their game Sat night? It was a propaganda-fest focusing on their "elite" program , "rich" history and new state of the art arena. To me, it was ripe with UND wanna-be. That being said, the one hour show was well produced and centered on the buildup of their game vs BC in mid November. The game was a beauty, with ND scoring a goal with mere seconds left in OT. Just curious if snyone else caught it. They have replayed it since. Bottom line, if you are a casual hockey fan, you walk away thinking its Notre Dame at the top of the world and everyone else is playing for second.

Not sure where this belonged but did any of u watch the Notre Dame Hockey special on Versus(NBC Sports Network) following their game Sat night? It was a propaganda-fest focusing on their "elite" program , "rich" history and new state of the art arena. To me, it was ripe with UND wanna-be. That being said, the one hour show was well produced and centered on the buildup of their game vs BC in mid November. The game was a beauty, with ND scoring a goal with mere seconds left in OT. Just curious if snyone else caught it. They have replayed it since. Bottom line, if you are a casual hockey fan, you walk away thinking its Notre Dame at the top of the world and everyone else is playing for second.

And that is the reason why i didn't want to give my viewership to it. Come back when you have won 7 NCAA titles and than we can talk about an "elite" program otherwise Notre Dame is just like the rest of the D1 teams.

This the same program that actually killed their hockey program and has never won an NCAA title. I think you're right.

Edited by Goon

UMD 4, WMU 1

UW 6, RIT 3

St Lawrence 4, MSUM 3

Cornell 3, CC 1

I watched both the UMD and UW games. UMD looked good, although that game was close until the end when UMD got a 5x3 PP. UW didn't look that good IMO, but still put away RIT. The RIT goalie let a couple softies in. CC lost to Cornell despite outshooting them almost 2 to 1.

And then the shocker...

UAH 3, DU 2 :ohmy:

Huntsville gets only its 2nd win all season (both over WCHA schools) in Denver. Future UND goalie Clarke Saunders makes over 40 saves in the win.

I think this is the REAL reason why Notre Dame is not in the NCHC (some people thought it was over the name and logo). They wanted the whole conference to revolve around their fat, bloated, egotistical heads. :angry: It figures that NBC would cater hand and foot to the "Whimpy Irish". We are better off with them in Hockey Least, where they can take some of the media hype away from the Beantown Bullies (Boston College and Boston U).

UMD 4, WMU 1

UW 6, RIT 3

St Lawrence 4, MSUM 3

Cornell 3, CC 1

I watched both the UMD and UW games. UMD looked good, although that game was close until the end when UMD got a 5x3 PP. UW didn't look that good IMO, but still put away RIT. The RIT goalie let a couple softies in. CC lost to Cornell despite outshooting them almost 2 to 1.

And then the shocker...

UAH 3, DU 2 :ohmy:

Huntsville gets only its 2nd win all season (both over WCHA schools) in Denver. Future UND goalie Clarke Saunders makes over 40 saves in the win.

It looks like some of those games hurt the Sioux in the Pairwise. We dropped from 18th to a three-way tie for 20th. Ouch.

Ouch. All of UND's players are getting injured...all of SCSU's players are just leaving the team.

Should make for an interesting matchup in two weeks.

Maybe both teams can agree on playing 4x4 all game?

Reid said that the coaching staff was not happy but wished him the best.

“That shows the character of them as well,” Reid said.

But, unfortunately, shows his lack of character at the same time.

Bolting on your teammates halfway through the season says it all.