SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

It's about time someone punches Seth Helgeson, I have never seen a guy that is so tough when he is mouthing off behind the officials... From what I could see from the video Helgeson shares as much of the blame for that as the MTU player, because it looks like he gave one of the Huskies a bow tie cross check and then hacks the guy that he almost gets into a fight with.

More than any other Gopher? I don't think there has ever been a team who could yap more and run away than the Gophers. Or double team than the Gophers. One will grab from the front and the other would grab from behind.

Oh boy. There's reports that "Another top BU player is considering leaving school." They've lost their leading and 3rd leading scorer already. Could this be the 2nd leading scorer? No reports on the name or why yet.

When it rains it pours over in Boston, I guess. That would be unfortunate if true.

CC beats MSUM, SCSU crushes DU, and BSU sweeps UAH.

DU has gotten off to a very slow start for a team that many were anticipating walking away with the league title. Injuries have hit them hard (just like the Sioux).

When it rains it pours over in Boston, I guess. That would be unfortunate if true.

CC beats MSUM, SCSU crushes DU, and BSU sweeps UAH.

DU has gotten off to a very slow start for a team that many were anticipating walking away with the league title. Injuries have hit them hard (just like the Sioux).

From what i've heard is that this player is definitely far more than a role player (AKA, a star player). My source has said that all the info he has is from "multiple sources" and that he knows who the player is and where he's going if he does leave. The source will not reveal anything unless it actually happens, though. If it happens you almost have to feel bad for BU fans (If it were BC nobody would care....F**k them)

Edit: This same source wrote about the 2nd BU player leaving 2 days before it was announced

Denver has gotten off to a really up and down start. Definitely not what I expected from them.

From what i've heard is that this player is definitely far more than a role player (AKA, a star player). My source has said that all the info he has is from "multiple sources" and that he knows who the player is and where he's going if he does leave. The source will not reveal anything unless it actually happens, though. If it happens you almost have to feel bad for BU fans (If it were BC nobody would care....F**k them) Edit: This same source wrote about the 2nd BU player leaving 2 days before it was announced Denver has gotten off to a really up and down start. Definitely not what I expected from them.

Now what is Hammy reporting? I remember when he predicted that Sandelin was going to PSU as well.

Lol. It's not Hammy. The person is from Boston.

Since you seem to be spouting on GPL, do you mind pointing out where Sioux fans are saying that Forbort could be putting up big numbers in the NHL? Most Sioux fans agree that Forbort has struggled early this season along with Simpson, but both of them seem to be coming along pretty well lately. If you could point out specific posts where Sioux fans suggested Forbort was the greatest thing since sliced bread, your credibility on this board would be increased.

Since you seem to be spouting on GPL, do you mind pointing out where Sioux fans are saying that Forbort could be putting up big numbers in the NHL? Most Sioux fans agree that Forbort has struggled early this season along with Simpson, but both of them seem to be coming along pretty well lately. If you could point out specific posts where Sioux fans suggested Forbort was the greatest thing since sliced bread, your credibility on this board would be increased.

Good point. I don't recall reading anything recently posted here that is even remotely alluding to that opinion.

Good point. I don't recall reading anything recently posted here that is even remotely alluding to that opinion.

I have seen no one that has suggested that Forbort was NHL ready and would be scoring if he was in the NHL...

Why is a Gopher fan on a live chat for a Sioux game? Getting ammo for the next internet fight?

Gotta be something better to do on Friday and Saturday nights.

I love college hockey so I watch all the games I can (including just about every UND game), and i'm a fan of Schloss. The guy does great work.

Never been said here on, there was a few times during the live game chats this season where some people were going completely nuts with him. If it were said on here I would have specifically said on ss.com on my post :D

So you can't point to anything concrete. I would believe that more people were going crazy on live chat to the negative rather than the positive.

So you can't point to anything concrete. I would believe that more people were going crazy on live chat to the negative rather than the positive.

No I guess I can't. Some of the people on the chat are kind of crazy. You have the super negatives and the super postives, plus the people always changing between the two.

Taking a look at the Pairwise http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/pwr/

and its looking ugly for the WCHA this year.

If the season ended today:

* 3 WCHA teams in, one barely at #15 CC. Otherwise, just UMD and MN.

* 7 CCHA teams.

* 4 Hockey East.

* 1 ECAC

* 1 autobid AHA.

If the Sioux are going to move up in the second half, we will need a reaallly good winning percentage. That's because we won't get the boost from the strength of schedule component that we usually do.

Things are not looking good for the West. Too many bad losses (Omaha losing to UAH among the worst). Not enough wins.

Taking a look at the Pairwise http://siouxsports.c...y/rankings/pwr/

and its looking ugly for the WCHA this year.

If the season ended today:

* 3 WCHA teams in, one barely at #15 CC. Otherwise, just UMD and MN.

* 7 CCHA teams.

* 4 Hockey East.

* 1 ECAC

* 1 autobid AHA.

If the Sioux are going to move up in the second half, we will need a reaallly good winning percentage. That's because we won't get the boost from the strength of schedule component that we usually do.

Things are not looking good for the West. Too many bad losses (Omaha losing to UAH among the worst). Not enough wins.

Even CC might not get in if it ended today because of conference tournament winners. I have a tough time believing the WCHA will get more than 3 teams in this year, but I just can't see a team like Ohio State winning the entire year like they did in the first half. Some of those teams should falter up a bit. The selection committee wouldn't allow 7 CCHA teams either, otherwise there were more than a few instances in the past decade where the WCHA would have had at least 6 teams. These holiday tournaments for WCHA teams are HUGE in terms of the pairwise standings

Even CC might not get in if it ended today because of conference tournament winners. I have a tough time believing the WCHA will get more than 3 teams in this year, but I just can't see a team like Ohio State winning the entire year like they did in the first half. Some of those teams should falter up a bit. The selection committee wouldn't allow 7 CCHA teams either, otherwise there were more than a few instances in the past decade where the WCHA would have had at least 6 teams. These holiday tournaments for WCHA teams are HUGE in terms of the pairwise standings

I think that the CCHA teams are going to beat each other up and their PWR rankings will drop. This happened when there was 7-8 WCHA teams in the running for a bid a couple of years ago, the conference play will help that number, they will not get 78 teams in the tourney. I still see the WCHA getting 4-5 teams this season.

Edited by Goon