SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

Considering Tech's coaches were on camera challenging the Minnesota bench to fight (Yes the COACHES were challenging), as well as some dirty plays on the ice at the end (It all started with a blatant high stick that got the Tech player ejected for a high stick) and another Tech player got ejected on the same play, it was definitely techs fault. Add that in with some Tech players out on the ice challenging for fights and it was pretty much them.

If I recall correctly they said that Tech ended the game with 13 players.

Either way I didn't care who's fault it was, it was awesome to watch! lol

Running up the score? I'll assume that's sarcasm lol

Interesting, you must've seen something I didn't because you say coaches in the plural form. The only person yelling from Tech's side that was shown on TV was the bald assistant coach while it clearly showed Don and Grant yelling back at the guy.

And no, it wasn't sarcasm. The game was well in hand when Minnesota scored the 4th goal. Scoring the 5th was acceptable but when they got that 5x3 PP they didn't have to score anymore. You may not believe in "running up the score" but that is what it was and of course Tech would start to get pissed. Hell, your team has been guilty of doing exactly what Tech has done as well. No team is immune to having emotions start boiling over when another team starts piling it on.

Interesting, you must've seen something I didn't because you say coaches in the plural form. The only person yelling from Tech's side that was shown on TV was the bald assistant coach while it clearly showed Don and Grant yelling back at the guy.

And no, it wasn't sarcasm. The game was well in hand when Minnesota scored the 4th goal. Scoring the 5th was acceptable but when they got that 5x3 PP they didn't have to score anymore. You may not believe in "running up the score" but that is what it was and of course Tech would start to get pissed. Hell, your team has been guilty of doing exactly what Tech has done as well. No team is immune to having emotions start boiling over when another team starts piling it on.

So you have a 5x3 powerplay and your just supposed to skate laps around the rink? I'm sorry but it makes no sense. You play until the whistle, I figured Sioux fans would agree with that no question

So you have a 5x3 powerplay and your just supposed to skate laps around the rink? I'm sorry but it makes no sense. You play until the whistle, I figured Sioux fans would agree with that no question

get real...this is college hockey you play hard till the horn sounds...furthermore tech slapped 7 on denver they didnt need to keep shooting the puck into the empty net and running the score up on poor denver!!

Are you serious! You continue to play the game. I would consider if the game was well in hand and you keep trotting out your first powerplay unit, but even then, if you are a young team, you need them to get as many reps as possible. You don't just keep throwing the puck around and not try to score, that to me is disrespecting your competition.

• Upvote 1

Did I say what they should do on that 5x3 PP? All I said was that they didn't have to score anymore. Lucia could've easily sent out the 3rd and 4th lines on the PP to give them more ice time instead of the top line. However, I wouldn't be all surprised if Lucia put out the top line so as to make a point to Tech because of their antics.

Either way, that 6th goal ended up breaking the camels back.

PS And never did I say I was against piling up goals. I am just pointing out what probably led to the Tech players getting all hot and bothered.

Did I say what they should do on that 5x3 PP? All I said was that they didn't have to score anymore. Lucia could've easily sent out the 3rd and 4th lines on the PP to give them more ice time instead of the top line. However, I wouldn't be all surprised if Lucia put out the top line so as to make a point to Tech because of their antics.

It was the 4th line...

PS And never did I say I was against piling up goals. I am just pointing out what probably led to the Tech players getting all hot and bothered.

I have no problems with what happened emotion wise, in my first post back to you i specifically said that I thought it was "awesome and hilarious!"

Any recollection of January 11, 1986?

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=204971613

• Upvote 2

Goes to show how much I know about Minnesota besides Bjugstad, Haula, and Budish. :crazy::lol:

My bad, yeah they got put out at that point. 4th line scored the 5th goal. Either way, TNT's post sums up why your logic is wrong. And if that was running up the score than what Mankato did to UAH tonight was criminal

My bad, yeah they got put out at that point. 4th line scored the 5th goal. Either way, TNT's post sums up why your logic is wrong. And if that was running up the score than what Mankato did to UAH tonight was criminal

Well Mankato needs those kind of wins. :p

While what tnt linked is a valid point, how often does that kind of comeback happen? Pretty special to see when it does happen though. Like I said though, I have nothing against continuing to score if it happens. I enjoyed the 11 goals the Sioux scored against Tech last year in a game.

Didn't see the game since I was at the Sioux game....but if a team is taking "goonish penalties" it isn't running up the score if you make them pay for it.

Considering Tech's coaches were on camera challenging the Minnesota bench to fight (Yes the COACHES were challenging), as well as some dirty plays on the ice at the end (It all started with a blatant high stick that got the Tech player ejected for a high stick) and another Tech player got ejected on the same play, it was definitely techs fault. Add that in with some Tech players out on the ice challenging for fights and it was pretty much them.

:hypocrite: :hypocrite:

I'm sure the 5min major and game penalty to UMN's Thompson at the end of the 2nd period had nothing to do with emotions spilling over into the 3rd. But, yes, of course it was completely Tech's fault.

:hypocrite: :hypocrite:

And if that was running up the score than what Mankato did to UAH tonight was criminal

Especially being that 6 of the 9 goals were scored against Clarke Saunders, who looks to be coming to UND next season! ;)

BSU finally beats DU! First time ever from what I heard.

Most of Lucia's angst was directed solely at the officials. There were several times when my expert lip reading skills deciphered "YOU GUYS F-ED THIS GAME UP!" :lol:

I'd probably have to agree with his assessment. Almot never in these types of incidents should the officials escape without some blame.

Most of Lucia's angst was directed solely at the officials. There were several times when my expert lip reading skills deciphered "YOU GUYS F-ED THIS GAME UP!" :lol:

I'd probably have to agree with his assessment. Almot never in these types of incidents should the officials escape without some blame.

Is ther any footage of the fiasco at Mariucci from last night?

It's about time someone punches Seth Helgeson, I have never seen a guy that is so tough when he is mouthing off behind the officials... From what I could see from the video Helgeson shares as much of the blame for that as the MTU player, because it looks like he gave one of the Huskies a bow tie cross check and then hacks the guy that he almost gets into a fight with.

Edited by Goon