SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

It's about time someone punches Seth Helgeson, I have never seen a guy that is so tough when he is mouthing off behind the officials... From what I could see from the video Helgeson shares as much of the blame for that as the MTU player, because it looks like he gave one of the Huskies a bow tie cross check and then hacks the guy that he almost gets into a fight with.

you can find plenty of his ushl fights on youtube

:hypocrite: :hypocrite:

I'm sure the 5min major and game penalty to UMN's Thompson at the end of the 2nd period had nothing to do with emotions spilling over into the 3rd. But, yes, of course it was completely Tech's fault.

:hypocrite: :hypocrite:

lol no, Thompsons penalty was pure stupidity and he deserved all 5 minutes and the rest of the game

It's about time someone punches Seth Helgeson, I have never seen a guy that is so tough when he is mouthing off behind the officials... From what I could see from the video Helgeson shares as much of the blame for that as the MTU player, because it looks like he gave one of the Huskies a bow tie cross check and then hacks the guy that he almost gets into a fight with.

Both Helgeson and the MTU player got the same penalties, how is Helgeson not sharing the blame?

Both Helgeson and the MTU player got the same penalties, how is Helgeson not sharing the blame?

Yawn! I am talking about the halo fan down in MPLS that call our team a bunch of goons and then their team goes out and get into a near line brawl and the refs have to separate the coaches. Yet all I see is the goofs fans blaming the Tech Huskies.

maybe i missed it- but i didnt see helgeson throw a punch. the tech player threw half a dozen.

If you go back and watch the video you will see that Helgeson punches the MTU player. you can click on the white box on the right side to make the video go to the full screen. [click to view]

If you go back and watch the video you will see that Helgeson punches the MTU player. you can click on the white box on the right side to make the video go to the full screen. [click to view]

I'm with siouxnews on this even after watching the video. Helgeson put his hands in the face of the MTU player with his gloves on but never took his gloves off and threw punches like the Tech player. It wasn't caught on camera but Tech's goalie was challenging Patterson to a goalie fight as well haha. That would have been awesome

I'm with siouxnews on this even after watching the video. Helgeson put his hands in the face of the MTU player with his gloves on but never took his gloves off and threw punches like the Tech player. It wasn't caught on camera but Tech's goalie was challenging Patterson to a goalie fight as well haha. That would have been awesome

I think we are really splitting hairs here Helgeson may not have taken his gloves off and punched him but if you watch the video, you can click on the small box on the bottom on the right you will see that Helgeson cross checked him and punched him with his glove on.

I think we are really splitting hairs here Helgeson may not have taken his gloves off and punched him but if you watch the video, you can click on the small box on the bottom on the right you will see that Helgeson cross checked him and punched him with his glove on.

Out of curiosity, if an opposing team was taking some cheap shots against some Sioux players and Ben Blood had enough of it and started to mix it up with a opposing player, would you be OK with that?

Out of curiosity, if an opposing team was taking some cheap shots against some Sioux players and Ben Blood had enough of it and started to mix it up with a opposing player, would you be OK with that?

I laugh at all of these Gopher fans that think their team was innocent in the whole thing... According to the Head coach of MTU the coaches from the Gophers were yapping at the MTU players. [AUDIO]

i think most sioux fans would agree don isnt one to talk !@#$ to opposing players. i have serious doubts about tech's ASSistant coach making that claim to warrant his antics.. he couldnt handle losing with any class and he clearly cant man up to acting like a clown.

Oh good grief. By telling us what you think happened, you just show us what your personal biases are.

Nothing more.

Legal trouble for Boston University's Corey Trivino

The starting center on the BU men’s ice hockey team was arrested Sunday night and charged with three counts of indecent assault and battery after he allegedly entered the room of a female student and attempted to kiss and grope her.

Corey Trivino (MET’12), the leading scorer in Hockey East, was also charged with two counts of breaking and entering in the nighttime and one count of assault with attempt to rape.

Yikes! He has reportedly been kicked off the team.

I laugh at all of these Gopher fans that think their team was innocent in the whole thing... According to the Head coach of MTU the coaches from the Gophers were yapping at the MTU players. [AUDIO]

I'm still waiting for you to answer my original question regarding Ben Blood mixing it up with an opposing player.

You can wait as long as you want. Your question is rhetorical and unnecessary.

Goon, since your afraid to answer the question, I will ask another Sioux fan the same question. Would you want Ben Blood to stick up for his teammates If an opposing team was taking some cheap shots at some Sioux players? .

Goon, since your afraid to answer the question, I will ask another Sioux fan the same question. Would you want Ben Blood to stick up for his teammates If an opposing team was taking some cheap shots at some Sioux players? .

It's a stupid question that doesn't need to be asked. Your fan base acts as if your team is some how above the fray and didn't precipitate or have any fault in what happened last Saturday night, it takes two to tango, both teams are at fault. When your team is winning a game that is over, you don't leave the first PP unit on the ice, that's bush league. Historically your halo wearing players have a tendency to run their mouth and it sounds like this is what happened Saturday night.

• Upvote 1

It's a stupid question that doesn't need to be asked. Your fan base acts as if your team is some how above the fray and didn't precipitate or have any fault in what happened last Saturday night, it takes two to tango, both teams are at fault. When your team is winning a game that is over, you don't leave the first PP unit on the ice, that's bush league. Historically your halo wearing players have a tendency to run their mouth and it sounds like this is what happened Saturday night.

I don't think having your first PP unit out when the game is in hand is always so cut and dried. What do you do when you have a nice lead after two periods? I remember our first unit out plenty of times in the past when we had substantial leads. I think if you roll your lines as normal and don't keep them out for extended time, I don't have a problem with it, especially when you have a young unit that needs the reps.

Oh come on Goon. The score was 5-2 at the time and three goal leads can evaporate quickly. There was NOTHING wrong with putting the #1 pp unit on the ice give me a break. And if thats your argument of the Gophers "fault" in this incident, then you have no argument.