SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

It's possible that one or both of them (Faison and Mussman) had previous engagements scheduled for this morning (they are busy people) and couldn't get out of them. Let's not jump to conclusions until we hear something definitive from Faison.

That would have to be a life changing previous engagement.

Unless there is a leak in the media the only way you hear anything about this is through a press conference. Faison has shown in the past with other incidents he likes to control the message- regardless of he is deciding to keep the coaching staff or not. I'm also guessing the players would be addressed as well.

That would have to be a life changing previous engagement.

If I was Muss I would've scheduled the doctor, dentist, optometrist, and a hair cut for this morning and then gone on vacation to the backwoods of Kentucky where there's no cell reception.

Unless there is a leak in the media the only way you hear anything about this is through a press conference. Faison has shown in the past with other incidents he likes to control the message- regardless of he is deciding to keep the coaching staff or not. I'm also guessing the players would be addressed as well.

This is where I would guess a leak could potentially come from...Whether it be as vague as telling a friend/relative that "an unscheduled team meeting has been called" or something with more information. Just my speculation of course...

I ask because it seems many on here have turned their back on the team because they hate the coach. I've had numerous conversations with people at UND, plus with others who have a long history with the program, knowledge of the Big Sky and experience in coaching college football since we joined the Big Sky. Since that time, the prevailing view of these people has been it will take at least until year 4 or 5 in the Big Sky for our program to get the point where we are a legitimate playoff team, year in and year out. The consenus of these people, whose opinions I value, feels there is zero chance Coach Mussman is fired. We think the UND Athletic Dept is going to stay the course, because it's the right thing to do and because firing a coach almost always sets a program back.

Will there even be a presser if Muss is not going to be fired? What would Faison say: "After full consideration, I have decided to honor the existing contract between UND and Muss, and Muss will be coaching UND football team next year"??

That messege alone might be enough to scare recruits off, given future uncertainty.

CAS may be right on this. No Press Conference may very well mean green_sioux was right and Mussman is staying. :sneaky: Don't need a press conference to announce that.

Whatever happens, Faison is going to have to address this situation. He can't just keep saying "No Comment" forever. It isn't going to go away.

He said "no comment" a whopping one time that I've seen reported and it was immediately after the football game. I fully expect something from him very soon, likely this afternoon or tomorrow morning one way or another. I'd expect a press conference if there will be a change and just a comment to one of the Herald's writers if there will be no change.

He said "no comment" a whopping one time that I've seen reported and it was immediately after the football game. I fully expect something from him very soon, likely this afternoon or tomorrow morning one way or another. I'd expect a press conference if there will be a change and just a comment to one of the Herald's writers if there will be no change.

I am guessing he has said it more than once; it just wasn't reported more than once.

I wonder if Faison is lining up the buyout money. That happened at CSU and CU-Boulder before they announced the canning. Although that money was much bigger...still gotta take care of that kind of stuff in a state institution before the axe comes down.

I wonder if Faison is lining up the buyout money. That happened at CSU and CU-Boulder before they announced the canning. Although that money was much bigger...still gotta take care of that kind of stuff in a state institution before the axe comes down.

Wouldn't he have been doing this for the past couple weeks? Unless he was trying to keep it under wraps and feared a leak. If he is lining up the buyout money, perhaps a leak could come during that process as well.

Will there even be a presser if Muss is not going to be fired? What would Faison say: "After full consideration, I have decided to honor the existing contract between UND and Muss, and Muss will be coaching UND football team next year"??

That messege alone might be enough to scare recruits off, given future uncertainty.

That would be a suicide move by Faison......but if he keeps the coaches I am sure he would not have a presser. If he had a presser he would have to defend keeping Muss.

But.....what do we know, Charlie, we are NDSU fans and our judgment may be clouded by the impending playoff run.... ;)

• Upvote 1

Patience until this evening. If there's no press conference, official announcement, or information leak by tonight, then everyone has reason to be worried.

Given the necessary buyout situation regrading Mussman's contract, this thing could take most of today. Faison needs to get this thing done though if he truly wants UND football to be competitive.

Patience until this evening. If there's no press conference, official announcement, or information leak by tonight, then everyone has reason to be worried.

Given the necessary buyout situation regrading Mussman's contract, this thing could take most of today. Faison needs to get this thing done though if he truly wants UND football to be competitive.

Bingo. Remember the Buning saga? There was no press conference. Once the buyout was negotiated, a press release announcing his "resignation" was issued. It's quite possible something similar could happen here.

If I was Muss I would've scheduled the doctor, dentist, optometrist, and a hair cut for this morning and then gone on vacation to the backwoods of Kentucky where there's no cell reception.

:lol: No kidding, but I wouldn't have, the anticipation would have been worse than finding out. If it's going to happen, today or tomorrow would be the best time, most teams still have one more game left and it would give them a jump on the next candidate. I would truly be stunned if there wasn't a move made.

That would be a suicide move by Faison......but if he keeps the coaches I am sure he would not have a presser. If he had a presser he would have to defend keeping Muss.

But.....what do we know, Charlie, we are NDSU fans and our judgment may be clouded by the impending playoff run.... ;)

Thanks for the daily pablum of FU is better than UND. Perhaps your judgement is clouded by dark cloud that hangs over a team that has more names on the police blotter than the honor roll. Winning hides a lot.