SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

What's more important winning recruiting battles with NDSU or winning recruiting battles with MSU, UM, EWU and other top teams in OUR conference. Gone is the NCC days where we compete against SU for recruits. We are in the BSC and need to get the better players away from OUR conference mates. If we can't win against our own conference why should NDSU matter (as we won't see them in the playoffs).

Look at the rosters of MSU, UM, and EWU. Tell me how many of those guys UND offered. Now do the same with the rosters for the ac, sdsu, and usd.

I am sure Faison will do a total house cleaning. If he doesn't, he would be very foolish on two fronts. First, this is one of the worst coached teams I have ever seen. Second, Faison would be putting his own job at risk if he does not act with force and soon. It has been a long time since I have seen even casual UND fans this pissed. I think the huge success at NDSU further works up the fansbase and puts even more heat on Faison to make some wholesale changes.

I am sure Faison will do a total house cleaning. If he doesn't, he would be very foolish on two fronts. First, this is one of the worst coached teams I have ever seen. Second, Faison would be putting his own job at risk if he does not act with force and soon. It has been a long time since I have seen even casual UND fans this pissed. I think the huge success at NDSU further works up the fansbase and puts even more heat on Faison to make some wholesale changes.

This statement isn't even arguable.

One would hope it's that clear to Faison...

Let's make no mistake that when Muss is let go that it will not be a "good" day for this team, program and university. Coaches and families will be put in situations of unrest and the unknown and without jobs. That is never a "good" thing. It will also be an admission by Faison that his hire of Muss from within the program was a mistake and the 6 years of "damage" to this program will be evident for a least a couple more years to come IMO. At some point a change will and has to be made, but as an alum and supporter of UND athletics it won't be a "good" day when a change is made...but this once proud FB program can't continue on the course it's currently on.

Let's make no mistake that when Muss is let go that it will not be a "good" day for this team, program and university. Coaches and families will be put in situations of unrest and the unknown and without jobs. That is never a "good" thing. It will also be an admission by Faison that his hire of Muss from within the program was a mistake and the 6 years of "damage" to this program will be evident for a least a couple more years to come IMO. At some point a change will and has to be made, but as an alum and supporter of UND athletics it won't be a "good" day when a change is made...but this once proud FB program can't continue on the course it's currently on.

I could be mistaken but Coach Mussman was promoted at a time UND had an interim AD. Right before Faison was hired.

Faison didn't hire Mussman. Just saying......

My bad...I thought I remembered Faison promoting him. I guess that makes this disastrous situation more palatable. Just saying...

Faison gave Muss 3 years to expand on the success of 2011 (when the contract extension was made), and he failed in 2012, and 2013. He has 2 more seasons on the extension, but I hope that doesn't matter.

The night is darkest before the dawn - Harvey Dent

geaux_sioux, on 17 November 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

I haven't heard much. Just from one person that thinks Mussman will get one more year. They have no authority on the matter and could easily be wrong. I hope they are.

To prove what!?!?!?! That he REALLY CAN'T COACH, RECRUIT, AND BE AN EMOTIONAL LEADER? I think he's proven that and more. I hope Faison does interview the players and realizes they have no confidence in the "good ol boys club" that pretends to be a coaching staff.

I haven't heard much. Just from one person that thinks Mussman will get one more year. They have no authority on the matter and could easily be wrong. I hope they are.

To prove what!?!?!?! That he REALLY CAN'T COACH, RECRUIT, AND BE AN EMOTIONAL LEADER? I think he's proven that and more. I hope Faison does interview the players and realizes they have no confidence in the "good ol boys club" that pretends to be a coaching staff.

IDK, but the silence is a bit deafening. While there is never a good time to fire a coach, this might be the best time for UND to do so. Plenty of time to get new HC and staff in, transition the recruiting "folders" to new staff and let them get out on the road and meet with recruits. The longer it takes to fire Muss, the worse it will be for UND football.

Not sure what is going to happen, but a decision needs to be made by Faison immediately. Perhaps the fact that no presser has been called means the decision was or had already been made prior to SUU game.

Did I not hear somewhere that Faison stated that Muss would be back next year? I thought I heard that a week or so back.

IDK, but the silence is a bit deafening. While there is never a good time to fire a coach, this might be the best time for UND to do so. Plenty of time to get new HC and staff in, transition the recruiting "folders" to new staff and let them get out on the road and meet with recruits. The longer it takes to fire Muss, the worse it will be for UND football.

Not sure what is going to happen, but a decision needs to be made by Faison immediately. Perhaps the fact that no presser has been called means the decision was or had already been made prior to SUU game.

Did I not hear somewhere that Faison stated that Muss would be back next year? I thought I heard that a week or so back.

and the silence you hear... is the Alerus Center next year

I'm quite certain that was not said. And if he had made such a statement recently, why did he give a "no comment" when asked directly by Wayne Nelson after the Davis game to address Muss's future?

North Dakota athletic director Brian Faison made the trip to Davis, but offered no comment when asked about Mussman's future.

I'm quite certain that was not said. And if he had made such a statement recently, why did he give a "no comment" when asked directly by Wayne Nelson after the Davis game to address Muss's future?

I'm not trying to stir the pot here. I thought I recalled hearing that, but could very well be wrong.

What are your thoughts?! Should the firing have already happened this morning or yesterday, or is it best to wait?!

Mine?! IF the move is going to be made, it needs to and should happen NOW!!

I'm not trying to stir the pot here. I thought I recalled hearing that, but could very well be wrong.

What are your thoughts?! Should the firing have already happened this morning or yesterday, or is it best to wait?!

Mine?! IF the move is going to be made, it needs to and should happen NOW!!

My guess is that the two may very well be meeting as we speak, and I would not expect any announcement until this afternoon.