SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

I share your viewpoint, a change was needed. However, don't forget that this will be hard on the families of the coaches that are losing their jobs. Let us also wish them well in their future endeavors. I certainly hope they land on their feet.

Maybe it's a rude comment, but it's the way I feel. It's my understanding that they will continue to get paid anyway so their families will be fine. Muss will surely find a job somewhere - he's a great guy. I'm just happy it won't be here.

Maybe it's a rude comment, but it's the way I feel. It's my understanding that they will continue to get paid anyway so their families will be fine. Muss will surely find a job somewhere - he's a great guy. I'm just happy it won't be here.

I definitely understand your frustrations with the FB program; I have been very vocal about the need for a change.

??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!!?? What does this mean?!

Is there more going on than peeps know of?! Makes it sound like he is relieved it is over and wanted out?!

Thoughts?!?

I interpret that quote as meaning don't be upset he got fired, but be happy that he had the opportunity to be head coach and make memories through his tenure.

• Upvote 2

I interpret that quote as meaning don't be upset he got fired, but be happy that he had the opportunity to be head coach and make memories through his tenure.

Yep, makes that makes sense!!

Good luck to Muss and staff. Nice enough guy(s), just in over his/their head(s).

??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!!?? What does this mean?!

Is there more going on than peeps know of?! Makes it sound like he is relieved it is over and wanted out?!

Thoughts?!?

I think it's just a saying, kind of like when a relative dies, it's a "don't cry because they're gone, smile because they were a part of your life to begin with" kind of thing. I think he knew it was over before today and is trying to go out with a good attitude. It's better for the university, athletes, and Muss if he goes out with a decent attitude. Nobody wants to hire a broken down coach who can't get over his old job.

It's sad that it came to this, but I'm glad that Faison was able to make the decision. Good luck to Coach Mussman in the future, I'd think he should be able to catch on somewhere as an OC based on past performance. Now UND can move past this and get the football program back to where it belongs. I look forward to hearing about the potential new hires and hope they are able to bring some recruits with them and hit the recruiting trail hard once they're hired.

The head coach gets to choose his staff in most cases. I believe the only way any of the current assistants remain is if the new head coach wants to retain them. Exception to this would be if Faison establishes the staff as inheritance for the new coach. Will be an interesting question asked this afternoon during Faison's press conference.