SiouxSports.com Forum

New Nickname

ShilohSioux

319 members have voted

1. 1. What name should replace "Fighting Sioux" after it's retired?

• Aviators or Pilots
    • Cavalry
    • Nodaks
    • Nokotas
    • Norse, Nordics, Fighting Norsemen
    • Outlaws
    • Plainsmen
    • Rangers
    • Rough Riders
    • Other

So using that same logic, NDSU should be incredibly ashamed for all the Sioux jeers and taunts? Good thing they quit doing it when UND dropped the nickname...oh wait.

You mean good thing they dropped that when we aren't on the field....oh wait.

So using that same logic, NDSU should be incredibly ashamed for all the Sioux jeers and taunts?  Good thing they quit doing it when UND dropped the nickname...oh wait.

Don't use logic. You'll confuse him. 

You mean good thing they dropped that when we aren't on the field....oh wait.

I still count a recent post championship (1a) press conference as one of my favorite moments - even then, even in victory, the SU player threw out a "Sioux Suck" to really get the crowd excited.  That was all I needed to know about that player/team/fan base.

Pride? Spirit? And then God forbid they look into any name that is possibly spelled similarly to a "Native American" word. Not the same word... just spelled "close" to the same. WTF

That was a fairly confusing couple of paragraphs by the GF Herald.  My deciphering of it leads me to believe they are going to look at the reasoning for why it was excluded from the vote and it may have a chance to move on.  My guess is that McDonald was clarifying the difference and Evans was confirming that someone was clueless on it.

Also not that it matters at this point, but interesting to see that "North Dakota" only received two supporting votes.