SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Dam, that's interesting.   Good bloodlines. 

Watched that game in a nearly empty bar in Onalaska, WI.   The water bottle incident was still pretty fresh in Wiscovites' minds then, but it was surprising how many had enough respect for the Sioux to root for them.   

My, God, Burd. You misspelled damn......(sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Well now, dagies, that explains a few things. 

My manly good looks?

you've lost your taste or maybe your sense of smell somewhere along the way:)

I was raised by a farm child of the depression.  I learned to eat a variety of  things growing up, not all were appealing.  Lutefisk is really just a vehicle for butter and salt, and what's wrong with that?  :lol:

• Upvote 2

My manly good looks?

I was raised by a farm child of the depression.  I learned to eat a variety of  things growing up, not all were appealing.  Lutefisk is really just a vehicle for butter and salt, and what's wrong with that?  :lol:

Stink....yes! When my grandmother would cook it and it wasnt like jelly, it was....ok. Now potato klub or the Norwegian way to say it,  crube. YUMMY, poor a little ham grease over it! Then blood klub, I miss grandma...

Oh and back on topic, what's with the big commitments lately and counting the studs here? Is the word out? Are the rest falling off? Do we have a few years of maybe championships coming?

I hope so, sure am excited everyday about this team and its future!

Edited by bigskyvikes

Do it all up.......Make one of the concessions.

..Ole's Even strength Eats

Lefse, krumkaka, swedish meatball bowls, Torsk on a stick (with cup of melted butter of course).

Maybe some Gietøst on Kavli or wasa with jam......

How do you do one of those o's with a slash through it anyway?

He is if he takes his lutefisk with cream sauce.

Oh, now I see Sprig's claiming German ancestry.  Same here, Sprig, but it doesn't stop you from eating lutefisk.  I'll be filling up on it this Friday night as a matter of fact.

Dagies, that is something you should never have posted in a public forum.  Now, if you ever decide to sell your house you'll have to answer the following question honestly in the disclosure section. 

To your knowledge, has lutefisk ever been manufactured or cooked in this house?

Things got super Nordic real quick, and I am not sure I'm comfortable with that. Let me bring a little Irish flair to the proceedings...Guinness and potatoes, anyone?
But seriously, just keep bringing the talent and I'm  a happy Sioux/Nodak/Roughrider fan!

I'm multi-cultural.  I dig Guinness too. 

Dagies, that is something you should never have posted in a public forum.  Now, if you ever decide to sell your house you'll have to answer the following question honestly in the disclosure section. 

To your knowledge, has lutefisk ever been manufactured or cooked in this house?

I'm good!    I've only ever had lutefisk on the opening night of deer camp up north.

So with Hoff, that makes 9 committed forwards looking to come in either next fall or the fall of 2017.  By my calculation, we have four senior forwards and one junior forward.  Either we're going to see some departures, or there are some kids not developing as hoped.

So with Hoff, that makes 9 committed forwards looking to come in either next fall or the fall of 2017.  By my calculation, we have four senior forwards and one junior forward.  Either we're going to see some departures, or there are some kids not developing as hoped.

The only forwards that are ready are Hoff and Jost.  Judging by your senior forward total, Berry will either have to find 2 more or bring in someone that probably isn't 100% ready.  Mattson is going back to GRHS after a disappointing dozen USHL games; Keane and Bowen are struggling. Collin Adams isn't tearing up the USHL, but he's putting up some points.  He might be young.  Other than Hoff and Jost, I can't seem to find one of our forward recruits that are producing at the moment.  I could be missing someone.

Edited by scpa0305

The only forwards that are ready are Hoff and Jost.  Judging by your senior forward total, Berry will either have to find 2 more or bring in someone that probably isn't 100% ready.  Mattson is going back to GRHS after a disappointing dozen USHL games; Keane and Bowen are struggling. Collin Adams isn't tearing up the USHL, but he's young and I don't think he could come in next year anyway.  Other than Hoff and Jost, I can't seem to find one of our forward recruits that are producing at the moment.  I could be missing someone.

I think Yon would have to come in based on his age and I think you can discard Cakebread as a commit moving forward. Can't imagine he ever makes his way to campus. I would think one of Keane and Bowen comes in next year depending on departures. I think Mattson is one of those whose draft position may dictate one way or the other where he plays next year although a full year in the USHL would be beneficial.

I think Yon would have to come in based on his age and I think you can discard Cakebread as a commit moving forward. Can't imagine he ever makes his way to campus. I would think one of Keane and Bowen comes in next year depending on departures. I think Mattson is one of those whose draft position may dictate one way or the other where he plays next year although a full year in the USHL would be beneficial.

Yup your right on Yon, I forgot about him.  I could see him coming in and playing a lower line role.  I think both Keane and Bowen would really benefit from playing another year of juniors.  Mattson's draft stock will obviously take a beating most likely but you're correct, he's another guy that show play one more season in the USHL.  It benefited Wilkie a ton.

I would like to see most of our guys get the chance to play one more year of juniors and see Berry take a run at those two Finn's playing at Sioux City I believe.

Edited by scpa0305

Yup your right on Yon, I forgot about him.  I could see him coming in and playing a lower line role.  I think both Keane and Bowen would really benefit from playing another year of juniors.  Mattson's draft stock will obviously take a beating most likely but you're correct, he's another guy that show play one more season in the USHL.  It benefited Wilkie a ton.

I would like to see most of our guys get the chance to play one more year of juniors and see Berry take a run at those two Finn's playing at Sioux City I believe.

Looks like only one of the two Finn's in Sioux City would be able to come in next year as one is a 1999 and the other a 1995. Anyone here anything more on the kid who played at Maine last year and now playing in the USHL that has apparently visited already (can't remember his name)?

Looks like only one of the two Finn's in Sioux City would be able to come in next year as one is a 1999 and the other a 1995. Anyone here anything more on the kid who played at Maine last year and now playing in the USHL that has apparently visited already (can't remember his name)?

Liam Pecarro (sp?), I know he was injured early onl