SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I happened across the mother of a new Force player recently. (The HoneyBaked jacket gave her away.) She said her son had been on a line with Cakebread during camp and was pretty surprised Cakebread was cut loose. She said her son figured it was part of a "new sheriff in town" movement. 

I've seen him play 3-4 times and I have never figured out what people saw in him.  He was consistently one of the worst players on the entire ice.

Edited by scpa0305

Mitchell Mattson had 1 SOG in the loss. Had 2 SOG in the All-American Prospect Game.

Jackson Keane had a goal on 3 shots in the win over Yon's Fargo.

Zach Yon had a goal on 6 shots in the loss.

Christian Evers had an assist and 2 shots in the win.  2 PIMs as well.

Andrew Peski had no points and 2 shots in the win for Tri-City.

Tyson Jost had an assist and Dixon Bowen had a goal and an assist in the ot win. Bowen was the 3rd star.

Colton Poolman and Gabe Bast stayed off the point sheet

Christian Evers stayed off the point sheet and had 2 PIMS, was -4 on the day.

Grant Mismash had 4 SOG in the loss. 

Matt Kierstad had 1 SOG in the win over the U17s.

Mitch Mattson stayed off the point sheet in the win.

Jackson Keane stayed off the point sheet and had 2 PIMs in the loss. 

Collin Adams had 3 SOG in the win over Waterloo.

@PentictonVees: VEES WIN!! @josty_17 with a 5 point night and the Vees pick up their 6th straight win with a 6-1 victory over Merritt! SOG 33-21 Vees!

1g,4dimes

Wow, he's putting up video game numbers so far. Looks like Bowen is struggling at the moment, didn't see that coming.

Mitchell Mattson had no points with 3 SOG in the loss. 

Zach Yon had 2 SOG in the loss. 

Christian Evers had 2 SOG in the win. 

Andrew Peski had a goal and 2 assists in the win for Tri-City on 2 SOG. Will try to post the goal later, blast from the right side. 

Matt Kierstad stayed off the point sheet with 1 SOG. 

Colton Poolman stayed off the point sheet. 

Mad did Dixon Bowen. He also received 6 PIMs. 

Tyson Jost had a goal and 4 assists along with 2 PIMs. 

Will Jost  be here next fall? Chances that Jost and Boeser will be here at the same time? Would be pretty crazy to have that kind of talent!

yes and let's hope. 8 probably would be gone those 3 would be unreal to watch 

Bowen struggling:  He had not been scoring much to date but has had opportunities.  He has three goals in the last three games.  He was described in one article as one of the three fastest players in the BCHL with as fast of first two steps as he has seen.   He is seeing some power play and lots of PK time but has been playing on the 2nd-3rd line.

I watched him in high school and he clearly was much to fast for the opposition but still did not seem to score an obscene number of goals.  His hands are good but he looks to get a bit of the yips and almost at times seems to be skating faster than he is able to handle the puck.  He clearly will score some of the most beautiful goals but he seems to be missing the net on too many opportunities.    He appears to be settling down.  With his three goals, he trails the top goal scorer on the team who has potted 6.  BTW, Jost doesn't have not have most.  He has 5,  Conway (Penn State Committed) has 6.  I suspect that when he settles in and as the season progresses he will be near the top.

Bowen struggling:  He had not been scoring much to date but has had opportunities.  He has three goals in the last three games.  He was described in one article as one of the three fastest players in the BCHL with as fast of first two steps as he has seen.   He is seeing some power play and lots of PK time but has been playing on the 2nd-3rd line.

I watched him in high school and he clearly was much to fast for the opposition but still did not seem to score an obscene number of goals.  His hands are good but he looks to get a bit of the yips and almost at times seems to be skating faster than he is able to handle the puck.  He clearly will score some of the most beautiful goals but he seems to be missing the net on too many opportunities.    He appears to be settling down.  With his three goals, he trails the top goal scorer on the team who has potted 6.  BTW, Jost doesn't have not have most.  He has 5,  Conway (Penn State Committed) has 6.  I suspect that when he settles in and as the season progresses he will be near the top.

Agreed.  The BCHL is a high scoring league.  If Bowen doesn't avg a point per game I hope he would play another year of juniors before coming to UND.  He's not drafted so there should be no rush.  He's a great skater who simply needs to round out his game a bit.  And it's still very early in the season :).  Earlier I posted on the fact it appeared he was struggling and he scored two goals that night.

Another year of Jr. hockey.  Yes perhaps he should consider bringing Loven and Tweten with him and invest another year.   I don't see that happening though.  By the end of this year I think he will have accomplished as much as he will really benefit in the BCHL.   Also, he is very much a student athlete and I suspect he would want to be on campus at some point soon.  It will be interesting to see if Fabbro commits as well (I think he will) and you wonder how much room there will be next season.

Another factor, EGF hockey bleeds together and I would guess that he went to Penticton with the plan to play at UND with Colton Poolman.  It would seem likely that he would like to play a year with Tucker Poolman and Ausmus.   Again,  caveats would be what Berry wants and needs from him, or If he would be interested in playing somewhere with Tweten and Loven for an additional year.    That would be complicated as well, because I think it would depend on how serious UND is on bringing them in as well.

... almost at times seems to be skating faster than he is able to handle the puck. 

Ah yes, "Brent Bobyck Syndrome".

Not to be confused with:

Jason Notermann Disorder - the inability to hit anything but pipe with a shot

Andrew Kozek Complex - the insatiable need to shoot everything over the top and off the glass 

Another year of Jr. hockey.  Yes perhaps he should consider bringing Loven and Tweten with him and invest another year.   I don't see that happening though.  By the end of this year I think he will have accomplished as much as he will really benefit in the BCHL.   Also, he is very much a student athlete and I suspect he would want to be on campus at some point soon.  It will be interesting to see if Fabbro commits as well (I think he will) and you wonder how much room there will be next season.

Another factor, EGF hockey bleeds together and I would guess that he went to Penticton with the plan to play at UND with Colton Poolman.  It would seem likely that he would like to play a year with Tucker Poolman and Ausmus.   Again,  caveats would be what Berry wants and needs from him, or If he would be interested in playing somewhere with Tweten and Loven for an additional year.    That would be complicated as well, because I think it would depend on how serious UND is on bringing them in as well.

I though Fabbro already said UND was out and it wasn't for him. Am I completely making that up, or did I miss something?

I though Fabbro already said UND was out and it wasn't for him. Am I completely making that up, or did I miss something?

Maybe I'm completely making this up, but I though I read somewhere that he was down to Denver and one of the Boston's. I could be WAY off, but I hope he ends up here.

Maybe I'm completely making this up, but I though I read somewhere that he was down to Denver and one of the Boston's. I could be WAY off, but I hope he ends up here.

I thought Schlossman said it was between the Boston Schools, Michigan, Denver and Minnesota. 

I know this is the wrong place for this chat and maybe I'm missing the point as well, I confess to no inside knowledge, but Fabbro and Jost chose to come back to Penticton together and that same best friend committed to UND.  He has four current teammates committed to UND.  As we all know, Its not like UND is a bad place to play hockey and develop your game.  I find it hard to believe North Dakota isn't on the short list.  BTW: I heard that Jost was going to Denver and Boesser wasn't coming either.

I know this is the wrong place for this chat and maybe I'm missing the point as well, I confess to no inside knowledge, but Fabbro and Jost chose to come back to Penticton together and that same best friend committed to UND.  He has four current teammates committed to UND.  As we all know, Its not like UND is a bad place to play hockey and develop your game.  I find it hard to believe North Dakota isn't on the short list.  BTW: I heard that Jost was going to Denver and Boesser wasn't coming either.

I would be shocked if UND wasn't still on the list however I have heard DU is a favorite.