SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Jost #17, mattson moves into iss top 30 at #29. Didn't mattson just go back to Grand Rapids? 6'4 186. Wonder if he will get taller 

Top 30

I am somewhat shocked as Mattson has struggled at the USHL level.  You are correct he went back to HS which I would think would hurt his draft stock.

I am somewhat shocked as Mattson has struggled at the USHL level.  You are correct he went back to HS which I would think would hurt his draft stock.

if he's good enough I'm guessing that won't knock him much if he is that elite. I guess we will see. The scouts must have see something to warrant top 30

if he's good enough I'm guessing that won't knock him much if he is that elite. I guess we will see. The scouts must have see something to warrant top 30

Agreed, sometimes size plays a large factor. I would be shocked if he goes in the top two rounds.

• Upvote 1

Agreed, sometimes size plays a large factor. I would be shocked if he goes in the top two rounds.

True on the size. He sounds like a nice player is he a centermen? What style or comparison from former players? Besides he and Jost what other 16 NHL picks could nodak have? Also for 17' if you happen to know form committed list. Thanks and sorry for all questions ha.

True on the size. He sounds like a nice player is he a centermen? What style or comparison from former players? Besides he and Jost what other 16 NHL picks could nodak have? Also for 17' if you happen to know form committed list. Thanks and sorry for all questions ha.

A little bit tough to think of a comparison for him but he does remind me some of Brock Nelson. Good size, stays in high school through SR year when he coulda went USHL, very skilled. Mattson may be a little more physical than Nelson but I think Nelson was more skilled and a better finisher as a SR.

Edited by SiouxScore

Jost is the only potential draftee besides Mattson that will be a lock to get drafted.  I believe Hoff could get drafted as well as Gardner.  There may be more.  Jost and Mattson would be the only top 3-4 rounders.

A little bit tough to think of a comparison for him but he does remind me some of Brock Nelson. Good size, stays in high school through SR year when he coulda went USHL, very skilled. Mattson may be a little more physical than Nelson but I think Nelson was more skilled and a better finisher as a SR.

That's a good comparison. 

Jost is the only potential draftee besides Mattson that will be a lock to get drafted.  I believe Hoff could get drafted as well as Gardner.  There may be more.  Jost and Mattson would be the only top 3-4 rounders.

What about Kierstad? I've heard he has been turning some heads in the USHL this year but haven't seen any projections on where/if he gets drafted.

• Upvote 1

Collin Adams had an assist on 4 shots in the win over Kierstads Chciago. 

Kierstad stayed off the point sheet in the loss. 

Ludvig Hoff had a goal and an assist on his only shot in the game.

Christian Evers had his first goal on 3 shots and 2 PIMs. 

Andrew Peski stayed off the point sheet with 1 SOG in the loss to Hoff.

Zach Yon had 2 assists and 1 SOG in the win for Fargo.

Jackson Keane stayed off the point sheet getting 3 SOG in the loss. 

Peter Thome made 36 saves on 39 shots in the loss to Bismarck.

At the U17 five nations Mishmash has 2 goals and 5 assists in the five games played.

Granted it is early (and the bchl), but Cakebread is a point per game with his new team. Also he got big. Now listed at 6'1" 205.

I'm no expert and things could have changed as well, but many years ago it seemed "conventional wisdom" that the BCHL was an easy league for points.   They hand them out generously because it's good for the league and the players if the stats columns are full

I'm no expert and things could have changed as well, but many years ago it seemed "conventional wisdom" that the BCHL was an easy league for points.   They hand them out generously because it's good for the league and the players if the stats columns are full

Agreed.  It's a good league with some high end players however it's not a deep league so those high end players put up video game numbers.  If you aren't at a pt/game pace in the BCHL the next level could be tough on you.  From what I've heard the NA is pretty close to the BCHL.  I noticed Luke Voltin is actually putting up a few points too.

Edited by scpa0305